PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who has a better chance of being on the Patriots roster next Sunday Gunner or Meyers?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who has a better chance of sticking Gunner or Meyers?

• Gunner

Votes: 17 19.5%
  • Meyers

Votes: 38 43.7%
  • Neither

Votes: 9 10.3%
  • Both

Votes: 23 26.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think BB keeps him but he gets claimed. Does happen...whether that player sticks on a squad for more than a few weeks is a different thing.
There are going to be almost 1000 players cut this weekend. Maybe a dozen will get claimed on waivers. Gunner might or might not be above the middle of that group if 1000. 0% chance he gets claimed.

Gunnar is the next Jules. I like the idea of putting Harry on IR with return designation and taking both.
What? You are going to purposely ****** the career of your #1 pick to keep a guy who will probably never contribute in an nfl game?
Let’s put winovich on IR so we can keep beck too.

I feel like the Meyers train was derailed by the Gunner train on here. Now Gunner is the next Jerry Rice.

I feel like the Meyers train was derailed by the Gunner train on here. Now Gunner is the next Jerry Rice.
Well he caught 2 passes against future arena football players so.......

another candidate for the worst idea of the year

Gunnar is the next Jules. I like the idea of putting Harry on IR with return designation and taking both.

Keep Myers. Very hard to find guys who seem to have all the techniques of WR down.

I don't expect him to have excellent rapport with Brady in such short a time.

So many players didn't have that with Brady.

I think Meyers is a starting caliber WR in this league. Crazy to cut a guy like that.

Yes, Meyers had a bad game against the panthers but if you watch the games you will see he gets good separation almost all the time. The timing is just off with Brady. I say he makes it, because we also need to develop a wr.

Keep Myers. Very hard to find guys who seem to have all the techniques of WR down.

I don't expect him to have excellent rapport with Brady in such short a time.

So many players didn't have that with Brady.

I think Meyers is a starting caliber WR in this league. Crazy to cut a guy like that.
Shouldn’t a starting caliber guy not disappear against starting level competition?
I mean he has some tools and could develop but there have been tons of WRs who can beat scrubs but can’t get it done against starters.

Yes, Meyers had a bad game against the panthers but if you watch the games you will see he gets good separation almost all the time. The timing is just off with Brady. I say he makes it, because we also need to develop a wr.
The question is who is he getting separation against and what scheme and technique are they playing?
I’m not trying to bag in Meyers but beating guys who won’t make a team and struggling against real NFL competition is a real thing that happens.

To be eligible to return from IR you have to first make the 53. Thus this plan does not allow keeping an extra person from being exposed to waivers at cutdown time, at all.

I feel that Gunner has a much better chance of getting to the PS than Meyers. Meyers is still a fairly green WR, so there are a lot of improvements he can make. He has an innate gift for playing the position, he just needs a little more seasoning.

The question is who is he getting separation against and what scheme and technique are they playing?
I’m not trying to bag in Meyers but beating guys who won’t make a team and struggling against real NFL competition is a real thing that happens.

He did play against starters in the panthers game and he got separation. His timing was just off with Brady. He played against all of our dbs in training camp and reports were mostly positive. He’s not going to be our top 3 wr, we need a backup and someone we can develop, we are fortunate that Gordon is back and Thomas is healthy.

He did play against starters in the panthers game and he got separation. His timing was just off with Brady. He played against all of our dbs in training camp and reports were mostly positive. He’s not going to be our top 3 wr, we need a backup and someone we can develop, we are fortunate that Gordon is back and Thomas is healthy.
You think he played well against Carolina starters?
Ok we will have to agree to disagree.

You think he played well against Carolina starters?
Ok we will have to agree to disagree.

He was not good at all. I thought it was more about timing than ability.

He was not good at all. I thought it was more about timing than ability.
Could be but it’s a telling drop off historically.

Shouldn’t a starting caliber guy not disappear against starting level competition?
I mean he has some tools and could develop but there have been tons of WRs who can beat scrubs but can’t get it done against starters.

Yet we have Dorsett on the team. Who also disappeared until he got to know Brady. He showed me things that not many rookies ever show: how to create space, great hands, fearlessness going over the middle. So he has no rapport with Brady, but that's to be expected. Didn't he start the first 2 preseason games? He burned some starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents