PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who else is ridiculously psyched about game 1 and the Pat’s season in general ?

I have to openly admit and confess that I am guilty of being a person afflicted by this awful Patriots addiction. For 2021 my symptoms seem to have got progressively worse.
GO PATS

The fun part : atm it’s Schrödinger’s QB. Since he hasn’t played in the league yet, he could be a HoFer, a bust or anything in between.

Yes

Looking forward to it for sure. Be nice to watch chess again instead of checkers like we did all season.

I'll blow my top if I see one more stupid RPO from our offense.

Would be awesome. Though, if they heed the advice of a former poster and “respect the clock” while rushing all day long, I’d be just as happy (happier ?).

I expect a return to the early years of the Brady era, run the ball 20+ times a game, a strong defense and special teams that allow them to control field position. Jones is going to have to make smart decisions and learn how to come through in close games. If Jones develops into a really good QB then they can start opening up the offense and become a more high powered scoring team, but first things first.

Very very excited. We have the best thing as a sports fan: reason for unlimited hope. We don’t know what Mac’s ceiling is, and he so far looks capable of being very good. We have filled out holes across the roster.
However, my excitement level has to be one level below it would have been for many recent years- unlike the years where we had very legitimate reason to see ourselves as serious Super Bowl contenders/favorites, it’s much more of a long shot this year.

Last year was a throwaway year to clear cap space and prepare for this one, I thought best case in 2020 they could be competitive and we have to enjoy watching the development of the young players. Cam was terrible, there were a lot of growing pains with the youth and injuries occurred… it fell flat.

2021 is the payoff for last year’s reset, there’s still a lot of unknowns but I’m psyched to watch the next iteration of Patriots football.

Last edited:
Haven't been this excited about a season since 2007 because I believed that team had a true shot at perfection where now, I believe we're about to crown the heir apparent.

Mac has the accuracy, quick release, arm talent, intelligence, and maturity at 23 years old. He also has experience in big games, is in an offensive system compatible with his skills, has a powerful run game at his disposal, has good short to medium targets, and has a good D & special teams to reduce the pressure to score 30 every week. The table is set for him, and he will deliver.

Mac has the accuracy, quick release, arm talent, intelligence, and maturity at 23 years old. He also has experience in big games, is in an offensive system compatible with his skills, has a powerful run game at his disposal, has good short to medium targets, and has a good D & special teams to reduce the pressure to score 30 every week. The table is set for him, and he will deliver.
You think Pats are scoring 30 every week? Wow, impressive.

Last year was a throwaway year to clear cap space and prepare for this one, I thought best case in 2020 they could be competitive and we have to enjoy watching the development of the young players. Cam was terrible, there were a lot of growing pains with the youth and injuries occurred… it fell flat.

2021 is the payoff for last year’s reset, there’s still a lot of unknowns but I’m psyched to watch the next iteration of Patriots football.
Last year was an intentional or inevitable down year. Brady's age set the stage several years ago, and when he left it created an opening last season to reset the table, let other contracts & dead money expire, get through Covid, and re-arm. We're very lucky to have this down time only last 1 year, that's where BB deserves a ton of credit for pulling all the right strings to get us on a whole new 15 year trajectory.

As excited as for any season . Possibly one of the most anticipated for me

You think Pats are scoring 30 every week? Wow, impressive.
he's saying there will not be pressure to score 30 every week b/c the D et al. will not put them in that position.

I am always excited for week 1

Last edited:
With kids, house, lots of other responsibilities I just don't have as much time to dedicate to the Pats or football in general anymore. usually the only football games I can sit down, relax, and enjoy are the Saturday night college games. I've become an expert on San Jose State v Nevada at 10 pm on CBS sports network.
with my kids sports and helping w homework on weekends I have to DVR most Pats games and it's a chore being at the soccer field, baseball field or softball field trying to avoid hearing some knob announce the score.
that said, I am cautiously optimistic about this season. I really hope they make the playoffs because if not it's going to hurt Coach Bill's reputation.

With kids, house, lots of other responsibilities I just don't have as much time to dedicate to the Pats or football in general anymore. usually the only football games I can sit down, relax, and enjoy are the Saturday night college games. I've become an expert on San Jose State v Nevada at 10 pm on CBS sports network.
with my kids sports and helping w homework on weekends I have to DVR most Pats games and it's a chore being at the soccer field, baseball field or softball field trying to avoid hearing some knob announce the score.
that said, I am cautiously optimistic about this season. I really hope they make the playoffs because if not it's going to hurt Coach Bill's reputation.
Guess we'll miss you in the GDT then. Sayonara.

555456461_640.jpg

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back