• Hoyer

Votes: 28 20.3%
  • Zappe

Votes: 102 73.9%
  • Free Agent

Votes: 8 5.8%

• Total voters
Hoyer, I guess.

Pats go 1-3 over the next four games and are 2-5 entering week 8. Mac comes back after heavy contemplation and film study (what else can he do?) and stops throwing interceptions. Pats go 8-2 for the rest of the season, ending at 10-7 and a wildcard spot. They then beat some combination of Miami, Bills and Chiefs in the playoffs and we have Eagles/Patriots part III in the super bowl. Sounds pretty good!

Zappe
Hoyer we know who is
So try the rookie...

Neither. Call Cam. Seriously.

Zappe is no where near ready but we're screwed with him or Hoyer and we already know Hoyer is bad.

Neither. Call Cam. Seriously.

I like Cam as a leader. But that pro is heavily outweighed by the cons of his terrible mechanics now. His throwing was comically bad (if it weren't so frustrating). He was frustrated with the way we handled his departure, and regardless of what we think about that, it is asking for trouble to bring him back, put him in a position where he can't succeed, and instead puts up his own defenses as to why he isn't doing well, blaming it on the staff, because he will think "Well, they didn't help me out at all last time, I need to speak for myself more this time around."

Just my take.

I like Cam as a leader. But that pro is heavily outweighed by the cons of his terrible mechanics now. His throwing was comically bad (if it weren't so frustrating). He was frustrated with the way we handled his departure, and regardless of what we think about that, it is asking for trouble to bring him back, put him in a position where he can't succeed, and instead puts up his own defenses as to why he isn't doing well, blaming it on the staff, because he will think "Well, they didn't help me out at all last time, I need to speak for myself more this time around."

Just my take.
It was a bad attempt at a joke

Hoyer and im not mad about it

Too early to tank

Arguably Hoyer might give you a slightly better chance to win because he's a veteran. But as a fan you want to see what Zappe has got to offer. Zappe has far more upside than Hoyer who is a what you see is what you get guy. In a season that is likely going to end up under .500 already, do you develop the young kid, or just play the veteran with no more ceiling to reach?

I know what a fan wants to see. But BB wants to win games. I'm betting we see Hoyer next Sunday and every Sunday until Mac returns to full health.

How'd you go from Brady, JG & Brisett to this room.
Oh it's because we didn't draft Lamar Jackson in 2018 when he was right there for the taking. :poop:
But you know everyone seems to be on board with taking a mediocre RB in round 1 instead, cos BB is a draft GOD who NEVER make mistakes, don't you dare disagree or lightning will strike you down! :haha:

I donno why everyone is so down on zappe. I really liked him in preseason. We should give him more chances to develop . Who knows with the scrambling and side passes we might surprise oppositions who have minimal tape on him .

Best case - we get an alternate QB who takes us to post season - Brady vs Bledsoe

Worst case - remain in contention for number 1 pick and if not convinced with Mac draft CJ stroud.

Zappe looks like he's blood related to Mac Jones, which is concerning.

This undersized rich kid tennis player look does not inspire confidence.

I'd rather have Hoyer be out there as a sacrificial lamb on the road in Lambeau (assuming he doesn't surprise the >70%), then give Zappe his first opportunity at home (where the ringing in his head in addition to the crowd won't be as loud) against the Lions. TB12's 1st reg season snaps were against the Lions.
That’s fair.

You’re all about completing circles, aren’t you?

Super optimist take, because I just can't give up on a season in September:

L - Packers
W - Lions
W - Browns
W - Bears
W -Jets
L - Colts
W - Jets

We are 6-4.... Mac comes back... 7 games left...

W - Vikings
L - Bills
L - Cards
W - Raiders
W- Bengals
W - Dolphins
L - Bills

10-7 give or take

I think we should give Hoyer a shot. He is competent enough for us to win a few games against some other bad teams (I think..). Throwing Zappe to the wolves straight away seems like a recipe for disaster.

We’re only three games in. As pessimistic as I am about the team, the season isn’t over. I think putting Zappe out there just to see what happens is like raising the white flag on the season.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back