• Zappe

Votes: 102 73.9%
  • Free Agent

Votes: 8 5.8%

• Total voters

A.C Vegas

In the Starting Line-Up
2021 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
It seems clear Mac is down for a while who do you want in more. I want Zappe in I think he will be better then Hoyer but that is me

mgcolby

Woohoo, I'm a VIP!!!
PatsFans.com Supporter
I agree. That looked bad. And I would take Zappe and see how the kid does.

Brady6

Pro Bowl Player
Is it wrong that I think Mac Jones having a season ending injury that prevents him from having to deal with Patricia as his OC is a positive?

Foxypats

Pro Bowl Player
Zappe- let's see what we have with him, he might be the spark the team is looking for . The last time Hoyer played, he wasn't very good !

jdlboot14

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
They're certainly going to have Hoyer play the first game. He'll do very little, and be mediocre.
But I'd like to see Zappe after that.
I'm scared to see what it actually is for Mac - at best it's a high ankle sprain (8 weeks). At worst it's a fractured ankle and it'll likely be his season.

BaconGrundleCandy

Not the kind of guy to say I told you so ...
PatsFans.com Supporter
We riot if we see Hoyer > Zappe. Hoyer has been done for years, multiple years. We just invested a pick in Zappe. Rookie or not give the kid a shot with a decent team around him. We're playing for a better pick if Mac is out more than a month either way. I'd at least like to see Zappe.

BaconGrundleCandy

Not the kind of guy to say I told you so ...
PatsFans.com Supporter
They're certainly going to have Hoyer play the first game. He'll do very little, and be mediocre.
But I'd like to see Zappe after that.
I'm scared to see what it actually is for Mac - at best it's a high ankle sprain (8 weeks). At worst it's a fractured ankle and it'll likely be his season.
I could deal with this

Froob

Independent Investigator & pliable af
PatsFans.com Supporter
If he’s out a few weeks…trade or try to find someone. If he’s out for the year, I guess Hoyer until he plays bad enough to get Zappe in there.

Jim Beankie

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
I'm all for Hoyer to get a shot. His last start (KC - actually his only official NE start, I think) was under very tough circumstances (the massive Covid circus with canceled practices and the game being postponed). This is clearly not a popular opinion, but he even made N'Keal look good last year.

That being said, it looks like he does have an 11 game losing streak as a starter.

Last edited: