Votes: 102 73.9%
  • Free Agent

Votes: 8 5.8%

• Total voters

A.C Vegas

In the Starting Line-Up
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
It seems clear Mac is down for a while who do you want in more. I want Zappe in I think he will be better then Hoyer but that is me

I agree. That looked bad. And I would take Zappe and see how the kid does.

Is it wrong that I think Mac Jones having a season ending injury that prevents him from having to deal with Patricia as his OC is a positive?

Zappe- let's see what we have with him, he might be the spark the team is looking for . The last time Hoyer played, he wasn't very good !

It's going to be Hoyer, so not really a discussion worth having (until Hoyer's bad play becomes impossible for the coaches to ignore).

They're certainly going to have Hoyer play the first game. He'll do very little, and be mediocre.
But I'd like to see Zappe after that.
I'm scared to see what it actually is for Mac - at best it's a high ankle sprain (8 weeks). At worst it's a fractured ankle and it'll likely be his season.

We riot if we see Hoyer > Zappe. Hoyer has been done for years, multiple years. We just invested a pick in Zappe. Rookie or not give the kid a shot with a decent team around him. We're playing for a better pick if Mac is out more than a month either way. I'd at least like to see Zappe.

They're certainly going to have Hoyer play the first game. He'll do very little, and be mediocre.
But I'd like to see Zappe after that.
I'm scared to see what it actually is for Mac - at best it's a high ankle sprain (8 weeks). At worst it's a fractured ankle and it'll likely be his season.
I could deal with this

Roll with the rook. But Bill will play Hoyer, he is the safer bet.

Why carry 2 backup QBs that give you zero chance of winning a game. Is there no one else out there? We should have someone that at least could make something happen.

How'd you go from Brady, JG & Brisett to this room.

We already seen that hoyer is an automatic L so im picking zappe. But itll be hoyer

If he’s out a few weeks…trade or try to find someone. If he’s out for the year, I guess Hoyer until he plays bad enough to get Zappe in there.

I'm all for Hoyer to get a shot. His last start (KC - actually his only official NE start, I think) was under very tough circumstances (the massive Covid circus with canceled practices and the game being postponed). This is clearly not a popular opinion, but he even made N'Keal look good last year.

That being said, it looks like he does have an 11 game losing streak as a starter.

Last edited:

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back