PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which QB will bill most likely select?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully it wont be till at least Friday night before we know the answer.

Why is everyone so high on Lauletta? He reminds me of Jimmy G but there's other QBs you could take at 23 and frankly if Mayfield isnt selected first overall and he falls maybe we can trade up for him. Darnold also, Darnold is the best overall QB prospect but few think he will be selected first or second overall. The jets would take Rosen over him

Lamar jackson doesnt seem like a Bill belichick type player. He doesnt use a scrambler in his offense.

I think White if any of them, but only because Jackson will go earlier than we pick.

Actually think Johnny Manziel is going to be in camp barring one of the top QBs falling unexpectedly.

I've been a pats fan since I was 6 years old and Tom Brady has been the QB ever since. I feel like we need to make a strong pick at this position in order to have another Tom Brady. I think many are avoiding sam darnold because he is fools gold. Mason Rudolph or White I think may be diamonds in the rough. Bill is the master at finding talented players other teams pass up.

Probably White or Lauletta in the 3rd or 4th be my guess. I think Jackson is a total smoke screen and I doubt think they are trading up.
I’m in agreement with your choices, although they may have to pull the trigger a bit earlier than the 3rd or 4th.

I'd be fine with taking none of them lol. I suspect they would go with Mason Rudolph or Luke Falk. Mason, at times, looks like garbage but he had pretty good results. Falk is a walking sack machine but he throws a pretty ball. Falk's game is already based around dinking and dunking so he seems to fit what we do.

I feel like Lamar Jackson is too big of a risk. Not consistently accurate enough and way too small. Wilson and Newton have a thickness to them that imo is necessary if you want a scrambling qb. Even Aaron Rodgers isn't thick enough imo.

We can hope.

Personally, I’ve been hoping for another hospital ball throwing, cheating possible unicorn but they are rare

What a difference a day makes folks on this thread talking about Mayfield falling and Jackson not being there when we draft when we passed on him 2x. Got to love the draft
:)

We're gonna draft a safety, guard, tackle, guard, tackle, tackle, and then we're gonna sign Manziel

After letting the Titans jump them for Evens last night, they should draft 6 LB's and maybe one can play QB.

Why is everyone so high on Lauletta? He reminds me of Jimmy G but there's other QBs you could take at 23 and frankly if Mayfield isnt selected first overall and he falls maybe we can trade up for him. Darnold also, Darnold is the best overall QB prospect but few think he will be selected first or second overall. The jets would take Rosen over him
For me, because he seems to make the most sense of all the prospective candidates at the QB position. Lauletta seems like Belichick's kind of guy. He has strong Annapolis ties, both his father and uncle played for Navy, plus he was a lacrosse player. In addition to that he generally seems like another Jimmy G, needing development but with inestimable upside. Patriots have the luxury of time to develop him behind two proven NFL QBs, with Hoyer providing a solid backup to Brady until the rookie is ready.

Luke Falk

What is what I believe as well. Reason? He has a stronger arm than Lualetta. All this talk about Lualetta being a JimmyG clone is wrong. JimmyG has a very strong arm and throws with ease.

Falk is a football crazed film nut (like Brady). He studies detailed techniques to improve. I highly doubt Lauletta is that much into football.

Finally, Falk is starting to following the TB12 regiment (aka: Guerrero) for longevity...

PS - he also cried when Philly beat the Patriots in SB..

Logan Woodside or Chase Litton in the 6th round

It's obvious now Johnny Football is coming to N.E. Pats have zero interest in any of the rookie QBs.

YUCK

Probably Luke Falk at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back