PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which QB do you want the Patriots to draft?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which QB do you want the Patriots to draft?

• Total voters
I still don't know if I'd rather have Daniels or Maye.

I got off the fence and went with Maye. I'm fine with Daniels though. It will be fun having a QB who isn't a statue for a change and to be on the winning side of some 3rd and long scrambles that absolutely demoralize a defense.

I'm ok with either Maye or Daniels but all I can say is this is going to be the most interesting draft in a long time for the Pats. Too bad we have to wait over a month.

I'm ok with either Maye or Daniels but all I can say is this is going to be the most interesting draft in a long time for the Pats. Too bad we have to wait over a month.
Devestated we have the third pick and not the Second.
Hoping we believe in whoever we like the most there.

A trade down sweet spot would be 5 get an extra third or second and watch chargers jump Cardinals for Marvin Harrison JR cardinals take Nabors and Patriots have the choice of 1 out of 2 Maye, Daniel’s, McCarthy

Devestated we have the third pick and not the Second.
Hoping we believe in whoever we like the most there.

A trade down sweet spot would be 5 get an extra third or second and watch chargers jump Cardinals for Marvin Harrison JR cardinals take Nabors and Patriots have the choice of 1 out of 2 Maye, Daniel’s, McCarthy
I saw a mock draft the other day where Chicago traded the second first round pick to us and took MHJ, then with their pick we took McCarthy. So many possibilities it's crazy.

If it is not one of Williams/Daniels/Maye, then the poll question is somewhat up in the air for me because it depends on what the Patriots get in return for trading down. (Obviously we are not wanting the Pats to draft one of McCarthy/Penix/Nix at #3.)

As has been pointed out elsewhere, when you trade down there is no guarantee that the player you are targeting is still going to be available when it is your turn to make a pick.

How could the answer not be Caleb Williams?

Maye or McCarthy

i don't think Daniels strength fits the NEP offense and skill position players. he is dope in vertical schemes but NEP really relies on MOF, short and intermediate stuff from my feeling. I think Maye and JJM fits here better.
Agreed. Daniel’s reminds me too much of Mac Jones. He doesn’t have a great arm & is surrounded by NFL talent. McCarthy is a proven winner with all the intangibles. He has good mobility. He has a great arm & drives the ball with pinpoint accuracy, he’s lethal in the short passing game. He often is off target when he lofts the ball & needs to learn how to arc the ball with touch. But McCarthy is one of the youngest QBs in this draft class and that will come in time.

Maye has too much raw talent to pass on. But if Maye isn’t there at 3, McCarthy should be the pick.

Agreed. Daniel’s reminds me too much of Mac Jones. He doesn’t have a great arm & is surrounded by NFL talent. McCarthy is a proven winner with all the intangibles. He has good mobility. He has a great arm & drives the ball with pinpoint accuracy, he’s lethal in the short passing game. He often is off target when he lofts the ball & needs to learn how to arc the ball with touch. But McCarthy is one of the youngest QBs in this draft class and that will come in time.

Maye has too much raw talent to pass on. But if Maye isn’t there at 3, McCarthy should be the pick.
I’d be happy on Draft day with any of the 4 I’ll add Caleb as a long long shot as well.

ESPN’s @FieldYates, on a draft conference call, on the Patriots’ No. 3 pick: “There’s no consolation prize for the Patriots at pick 3. These guys are all so different that no matter which quarterback is available there for the Patriots, I believe any of those 3 are the kind of building-block players that you can spend a decade with and they can become the centerpiece of what the Patriots hope is a new arc of winning again. “Given the desperate need at quarterback there, my mentality would be the opportunity cost. If you don’t take one now, and you get a nominal upgrade in free agency that might push you to the eighth or 10th pick in the draft next year, do the same exercise right now. If the Patriots trade down from pick 3 to pick 8 or 11, it’s going to cost the acquiring team a boatload. If you’re the Patriots, and you don’t take one of these quarterbacks now – and now you’re picking 10th or 11th next year – are you willing to pay the full freight a year from now? Because it’s just really hard to find quarterbacks in the draft that end up going 10th, 11th, 12th that are worth a first-round pick. Usually those guys are pushed up the board artificially.”

I've been a Maye guy all along but i am basing this on projection and that's risky. Him and JJ are the youngest and least experienced QB's so in theory should have the biggest upside from where they currently are now. JD is 2 years older than both of them and i don't think he is going to improve out of sight from where he is now, however he probably doesn't have to and could make steady improvement and become a very good player.

As much as i like Maye there is one thing that really bugs me and that is the throws that he just completely whiffs. They are throws that any QB could make and are just completely unexplainable and it's not just one here and there it can be 2 or 3 in a row. Maybe it's footwork, maybe it's concentration, i don't know but if it can't be fixed, he's no chance to make it at NFL level.

If JD worked out we would be such an exciting team to watch and hard to play and plan against so that also really appeals to me.

All 4 are very good prospects imo and you could make a very strong case for or against them all.

The more i think about it i might just take the easy way out and sit on the fence and be happy with whoever we get.

Maye and he sits a year. But I’ll roll with whoever McAdoo wants.

So....welcome to New England Drake Maye.

Do we still do misdirection?
We are just as likely to have a special the day of the draft where we show our board and our player rankings for all to see prior.

This may be accurate if so we may see McCarthy or Nix.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back