PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Which QB do you want the Patriots to draft?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which QB do you want the Patriots to draft?

• Total voters
Would not be surprised to see Daniels go 2 and Maye is left. I've heard a lot of negative talk about Maye in the media, I'm not a big college football watcher so I don't know if that's accurate or not.

McCarthy successfully ran a pro style offense at Michigan. None of the other guys were running pro style offenses. McCarthy is young so you have to project his ceiling, but we know he can run a pro offense. If McCarthy sits for a year, he might be the best. It is worrying how McCarthy is lousy on deep balls to the left, but is amazingly accurate under 10 yards. If the Pats could correct some of McCarthy's deep ball throws (not sure if possible), I think he would be the best QB in 2024.

I have not see a QB run like Daniels in a long time. He was outrunning CBs. And he has an accurate arm. Take Daniels at three if he is available, otherwise trade back and stock up the OL and WR corps

I have no idea who I want. I see Maye making all kinds of throws on the run with a quick release in his highlights. I see Daniel's standing forever in a perfect pocket, and I have no idea why people like MCarthy.

Based on what I've read, I have no idea what a good qb looks like.

Do we still do misdirection?
We are just as likely to have a special the day of the draft where we show our board and our player rankings for all to see prior.

This may be accurate if so we may see McCarthy or Nix.
Or Maye be not. ;)

Patriots fans will personally storm the Patriots Draft room if we pass on Maye watch out Wolf and Mayo.
angry mob GIF by MASTERPIECE | PBS

I look at it like this, if Maye and McCarthy stayed in school, they more than likely would be 1A &1B next year, my opinion. I am pretty confident that in 2 years they will be better than JD is now (when they are 23). Draft one of them (JJ) and Fill holes through FA and draft this and next year. JJ is ready to start 2025 with an improved roster and your "rookie" QB had a year to learn his new offense. We are not competing in 2024 so we don't need immediate gratification with a rookie QB. I also think both of the young QBs can be franchise QBs for a decade as long as they are not thrown to the wolves.

It's also easier to get quality WR and OTs than quality QBs. Again my opinion, you have to take the QB at 3 or 6 after a trade.

Last edited:
I look at it like this, if Maye and McCarthy stayed in school, they more than likely would be 1A &1B next year, my opinion. I am pretty confident that in 2 years they will be better than JD is now (when they are 23). Draft one of them (JJ) and Fill holes through FA and draft this and next year. JJ is ready to start 2025 with an improved roster and your "rookie" QB had a year to learn his new offense. We are not competing in 2024 so we don't need immediate gratification with a rookie QB. I also think both of the young QBs can be franchise QBs for a decade as long as they are not thrown to the wolves.

It's also easier to get quality WR and OTs than quality QBs. Again my opinion, you have to take the QB at 3 or 6 after a trade.
JJ is the guy that reminds me or Aaron Rodgers but also Zach Wilson.
Maye is Daniel Jones Or Josh Allen,
Daniel’s is Lamar or Doug Flutie.

Bedard had a Maye review a few days back - very mixed.

Typical negative review here:

Chris Simms: "Talented project. There are things you watch and you go, 'Wow!' ... But for everyone of those throws, there's five where you go, 'What the hell is that throw?' There's no way evaluators, coaches, QB coaches are going to be able to get behind and say he's ready to go, he should be the No. 2 or 3 pick of the draft. No way. There's too many things that need to be fixed."

Summary is tremendous physical talent, but overall unrefined - poor footwork, not great throwing motion, sometimes poor decision-making - definitely would need to sit for a year.

I'm hoping we avoid these type of picks...1000003274.jpg

Same here. Maye is likely more a higher-floor/lower ceiling guy, a safer choice. But I think we all remember the last time we uttered the high floor/low-ceiling thing about a QB pick (last name Jones). Daniels, on the other hand, may come on the scene, make a big splash, get everybody all giddy, then spend the rest of his three-year career bouncing on and off IR or pretending to care about learning to play in the pocket. That puts the choice in an equal balance in my mind. I chose Daniel, because ti would probably make for more fun next year or something, but if it's Maye, I would understand that decision as well.
Not an assessment I've seen anywhere until this comment. His ceiling comp is Josh Allen. His floor is complete and total bust, same as every other QB prospect's floor.

How could the answer not be Caleb Williams?
1. He’s a crybaby
2. Prima Donna
3. Headache in the making
4. Diva in the making
5. Fans will turn on him
6. He might turn on the team
7. He might throw members of the team under bus
8. His after game pressers might be questionable
9. I’m sure his family would be blast to deal with
10. PR horror show
11. Seems entitled
12. All that talent and be such a risk?
13. I’m sure I’ve missed at least ten more

In this order…

1. Maye
2. JJ
3. Tom Brady’s love child
4. Daniels

1. He’s a crybaby
2. Prima Donna
4. Diva in the making
5. Fans will turn on him
10. PR horror show
11. Seems entitled
Yeah I don’t care what the physical gifts are…the issues are between the ears. Not enough teams take that into account and then later they realize…”we ****ed up”.

1. He’s a crybaby
2. Prima Donna
4. Diva in the making
5. Fans will turn on him
10. PR horror show
11. Seems entitled
Might... You know who could do that as well? The other guys. No one thought Mac Jones would be such a twerp based on his Alabama experience.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back