Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who wins a SB if only ONE can until Brady retires at 45?

• Brady

Votes: 29 63.0%
  • Belichick

Votes: 17 37.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about China killed a man.

I am sick of Trump calling it the coronavirus BTW. He needs to stop this and call it its official name: Chinese Originated Viral Infectious Disease 2019, COVID 19

"COVID" = COronaVIrus Disease.

Brady is the easy answer. Not even close. The pats are in rebuild mode and the bucs are in win now mode. Brady has weapons now. If anyone wins a SB in the next two years it will be him in all likelihood.

Brady:

I think that the Bucs are all in and very motivated right now. I believe Brady can go in there and change the way everybody works, leading by example. Many players have said it over and over. When Brady works SO HARD EVERY DAY EVERY SNAP, it just picks up the whole team. You don't want to look bad in front of him.

Ariens is a smart guy. He will collaborate with Brady. Brady is a smart guy. He will collaborate with Ariens. The Bucs need what Tom has … big time. Brady is excited for the challenge.

Does this translate into a deep post season run? Who knows. But I know I'm never gonna bet against Tom Brady.

Belichick:

Bill has his work cut out for him for a rebuild, because, that's what we need. It will be fascinating to watch this happen for the second time. I remember how crazy his first season was here. I suspect this time around, with his system well established at Foxboro, we'll be back up there in no time. Bill is excited for the challenge.

Does this translate into a playoff run? Who knows. But I know I'm never gonna bet against Bill Belichick.

As I said n another thread...
Long term BB will build more winning teams.
How many times have we thought "If this player gets hurt, we're screwed." and they found a way to win.
Losing the GOAT is a huge hurdle, but it was inevitable.

BB plays the long game. He was already building a running game, drafting a RB in the first round for the first time and following it up with a receiver (weapons for the next QB?).
One thing they lack is a Seymour/Wilfork that commands a double team. Look for them to move up and pick a defensive end.

Brady will be done in 2 years, at best.
Brady benefited from great defenses, sometimes at the expense of offensive weapons. I'm sure it got frustrating for him. Hope he enjoys losing 35 to 37.

It will always be defense first with BB teams.

Not even BBs great coaching can make up for his pathetic drafting the past 4 years

N'Keal Harry will outlast them all!!!1

Last year was a freak mess in NE. Devlin getting hurt, the offensive line, Patriots not believing Gronk that he was really out, then AB comes in, they cut guys they would have otherwise kept and then AB goes nuts, Brady has a hissy fit that they cut AB. I don't think many of us were surprised about their lack of success in the playoffs and none of us were particularly optimistic about this year. Brady is going to a very solid team that was crippled by a turn over machine at QB. This is Manning (a better Manning) going to the Broncos. Tom has a better chance at a SB now than the Patriots but even if this happens, its not a loss for BB. Patriots weren't going to the SB this year even with Brady. A BB win will be playoffs again in 2 years.
While there is no question that over their respective careers, Brady was superior to Manning, there is a question as to whether a 43 year old Brady will be better than what was a 36 year old Manning. Also factor in the elite defense that backstopped Manning in Denver. However, I would agree that Brady's chances of winning the Super Bowl, though small, are better than Belichick's in 2020. In 2021, it's Belichick - tons of draft choices for two years running, more cap room than he's seen a decade, and either a young, talented QB seasoned with a year of experience, or a new QB (either a high draft choice or a good veteran trade or free agent) succeeding the failed 2020 experiment.

Let's put it this way: Tampa Bay has a far better coach than NE has quarterback.

Trading for Jules puts Tampa over the top :) Brady is whispering in Arien's ear as we type....

Brady will be dismayed when he realizes the culture he’s stepping into. I’m rooting for him, but I don’t think he’ll make a deep playoff run with the Buccaneers. He’ll come to understand the value of the Patriot Way he helped build and realize like assistants who’ve left before him that “the Way” doesn’t travel from Foxboro.

Belichick is the smartest man in pro football with an unparalleled knowledge of the game and ability to share that knowledge with his coaches and players. Brady’s leaving will light a fire under his butt and force him to do some self-evaluation and significantly improve his team building performance.

I truly expect the 2020 team to get good enough QB play and improve in other areas and make the playoffs and compete for a championship once there. It will be very interesting to see what changes Bill and Josh make to this offense now that it will be QBd by a younger and more athletic player.

Its 2020, can we move on to better jokes?
Disagree - it's an oldie but a goodie. Kind of like hearing a Journey song for the ten-billionth time while you're at the gym - it's still good stuff.

Brady will be dismayed when he realizes the culture he’s stepping into. I’m rooting for him, but I don’t think he’ll make a deep playoff run with the Buccaneers. He’ll come to understand the value of the Patriot Way he helped build and realize like assistants who’ve left before him that “the Way” doesn’t travel from Foxboro.

Belichick is the smartest man in pro football with an unparalleled knowledge of the game and ability to share that knowledge with his coaches and players. Brady’s leaving will light a fire under his butt and force him to do some self-evaluation and significantly improve his team building performance.

I truly expect the 2020 team to get good enough QB play and improve in other areas and make the playoffs and compete for a championship once there. It will be very interesting to see what changes Bill and Josh make to this offense now that it will be QBd by a younger and more athletic player.

Most likely scenario is Brady loads up with skill players in Tampa Bay, puts up huge numbers, but falls short perhaps in the NFCDG, which basically reinforces that he’s better off with the Belichick way in not spending all your money on offensive fireworks, and that team discipline becomes very important down the stretch.

2020....I give the nod to Brady.

2021....I think we will be very good after two deep drafts. We have 12 picks in April...then a TON of comp picks coming for the 2021 draft. We are solid on the OL...if we can replace Cannon who is a bit long in the tooth now AND Andrews remains healthy. And the D is still very good in the secondary....I like our chances. I really look forward to rooting against Brady in Foxboro in 2021!

+ in 2021 the Pats are projected to have 120 million in cap space.. that can bring about quite a bit of different personnel for this franchise..

Let's put it this way: Tampa Bay has a far better coach than NE has quarterback.
Who is this mystical coach you speak of ?

Who is this mystical coach you speak of ?
Bruce Arians. He's a damn decent coach. He went 13-3 with Carson Palmer.

Who is the NE QB you think is equivalent in QBing ability to Arians' coaching ability?

The Bucs gave up 449 points last year ... while they will be helped by brady throwing fewer ints., unless that defense gets markedly better this extended or next offseason, the Bucs aren't going to be raising the lombardi for a second time

It's only March... Check with me in late August.

The Bucs gave up 449 points last year ... while they will be helped by brady throwing fewer ints., unless that defense gets markedly better this extended or next offseason, the Bucs aren't going to be raising the lombardi for a second time
Yep. Even if we take away the 49 points off pick-sixes and all 44 points from other drives that started with an interception, the no-INT Bucs still would have been an average points defense last season.

And I don’t think anybody is expecting them to allow zero points off Brady interceptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back