PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

which is an NFL team you do not dislike ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only other team I want to see do well is the Bears, but never when they play the Pats. I like the history of Payton, Sayers, and the monsters of midway and one of my favorite running backs growing up was Neal Anderson.

I use to tolerate the Seachickens too since i'm from the NW but over the past few years I've began to dislike them. I can't stand Hasselbeck and some of the stupid passes he throws when pressured and alexander has turned into a pathetic RB imo.

Uggh, the Bears - probably the team I dislike the most in the NFL right now because I think their season last year was a fluke and due to just a mirage of how you win in football - defensive touchdowns and punt/kickoff returns. Rex Grossman irks me. I just don't they deserve to win because I feel like that kind of winning is so flukey and doesn't win in the post season.

I like to think of it as teams I repect, but are not a fan of:

Pittsburgh- Great ownership, good history, long coaching tenures, extremely loyal fans. They usually draft very well. A run the ball down your throat, and tough 'D' type of team. Gotta repect that.

Tennessee- good coaching, and I love the way they draft

Cleveland- Looks like RAC is set at QB, and I'm sure in the next couple of seasons they will look very Patriot-like.

Dallas- Has an owner that is willing to do whatever (legally and ethically, of course) it takes to be a contending team year in and year out. That new stadium they are building looks SICK!

JAX- their style of play reminds me of Pittsburgh. Very phyiscal D and a steady, consistent rushing threat on offense. I usually like how their draft pans out on draft day.

I like the Jets this weekend.

Our draft pick needs their help.

Seahawks, Cardinals, Vikings, Lions, Browns, Titans, Jaguars, Falcons, Buccaneers, Texans, Bills. I liked the Giants until the past couple seasons. Redskins don't bother me too much. I dislike all the others and root against them every time.

The Patriots :bricks:

When I first started watching pro football, my father was a Colts fan, so that became my team. This was before the AFL, so there was no local team around the Boston area. Most of the New England NFL fans liked the Giants, but l liked the Colts with Unitas, Ameche, Berry, Moore, Donovan, Lipscombe, and many other great players.

Since the Pats came into being, they've been my only primary team, and when Irsay took the Colts to Indy under the cloak of darkness, that sealed my hatred for them forever. Funny how things work that way . . .

Today, I root for Cleveland, Washington (due to living in the area), and Arizona when they're not playing against or having any impact on the Pats.

Last edited:
Teams I love:
Patriots

Teams I used to like/would root for on a bye week or in the playoffs if Pats where eliminated (As you can see most are NFC teams):
Packers
Browns
Cowboys
49ers

Teams I hate with passion:
Jets
Chargers
Broncos
Raiders
Dolphins
Bills
Colts
Steelers
Eagles
Falcons

Everyone else = any given sunday.

I'm not gonna lie...I'm a huge Texans fan. I love that team. I know every player on that team. :cool:

Browns, 49ers (except for this year)

At this point I don't hate or dislike any one of the other 31 teams.

I pity them.

I hate the Jets because they’re the Jets

I hate the Colts because over the last few years the fans and their GM and QB constantly whine

I hate the Broncos because of John Elway. He got away with more underhanded stuff in the history of football. And because of the whole way they play, from the coach all the way down.

I don’t care for the Chargers, I just don’t like some of their players, and like seeing them lose

I don’t hate the Dolphins, but I want them to go O-fer

I like the Raiders somewhat, because of all the crap they gave the Broncos

I like the Packers, even though they beat the Patriots in the Superbowl. How can you not like those incredible fans. The only way you can get tickets is if some one dies and has no heirs.

The Steelers, I was a huge Steeler fan back in the day, and except when they play the Pats, I’m still a mild Steeler fan. Terry Bradshaw, Lynn Swan, Mean Joe Greene, they were the original “Blue Collar” team

All the rest I’m pretty much indifferent. Sometimes I like a particular team for some reason, then in a year or two, I don’t. I could list all the teams and give a reason or two for my opinion, but I lazy and don’t want to type any more.

Forgot the Cowboys, Hate’em, always have, always will

don't dislike:
BILLS, give their coach props for not dumping on bellichek during alleged "spygate." and oh yeah, they're rather harmless
TITANS, vince young is entertaining and harmless.
VIKINGS, love watching a great runner like AP
COWBOYS, TO & Romo are entertaining, and ultimately harmless
BROWNS, like romeo and that city has been down so long let them dream they have a chance, when ultimately they're harmless
LIONS, always draft high so always have young talent to check out

teams i intensely dislike:
JETS, cannot stand mangini. he was so over hyped as "mangenious" last year. thought stealing some of bellichek's formations would make up for a lack of real coaching talent. this year proves otherwise
FINS: no mercy for the wicked, 0 & 16 in 07'
DENVER, shanahan is one royal a-hole, cutler looks like a product of the state penal system down south
BEARS, beat us in super bowl. think they're a dynasty every time they win a game. urlacher = most over rated defensive player in the nfl, got juked out by twinkle toes brady last year
JAGS, think del rio is an idiot. thinks big slow guys are somehow way to go. always disappoints

teams i used to dislike but don't anymore
BOLTS, we've humilated them and they're so down now otherwise that they're old news
COLTS, see "BOLTS"
CHIEFS, herm edwards thinks preaching is a substitute for coaching. but at least he has chiefs losing early in season now so hokie arrowhead gets no media coverage as season goes on

Last edited:
At one time or another, I've been a fan - or at least rather consistently rooted for in neutral games - of almost every NFL team. About the only exceptions are the Eagles (never liked their uniforms or helmets), Washington (not sure why I never card for them) and the Jets (just never had a reason to like them).

Right now, I actively root for the Browns (almost all Crennel's doing) and Buffalo. Over the years, I've often rooted hard for Buffalo, Miami, Indianapolis, Minnesota, Denver, Dallas, San Francisco, Giants, Chicago, Green Bay, Tampa Bay, and Seattle to name a few. But I'm a fickle fan. ;) I still remember well what it was to not have a team that had any chance of winning and needing to pick someone to root for during the playoffs.

I seriously dislike:
Colts
Bolts
Broncos
Jets
Cowboys: as long as TO is there
Giants: as long as mini-Manning is there

I have eased up on the Steelers now that Porter is gone.

The rest are pretty much 'whatever'.

I kind of like the Bills too, based on Jauron and BB being friends, and yes their harmlessness. So yeah, dittos on that one.

Browns - yes, rooting for Crennel. I also remember thinking they would be the AFC team that could break through and end the NFC dominance, way back when the Broncs put them down all the time, then went to the SB and always lost. I thought they collected big strong guys back then, and got beat by the finesse team, which then lost to big guys when they played against the NFC. So I kinda rooted for them during this one specific time period when I thought they could be the AFC breakthrough team (which turned out to be the Broncs, only later, and then us.)

Sorta like the Ravens, because I never cared for the 'Skins, and the rap on 'Skins tickets is they're just about ungettable... so I had a plan a long time back to be a 2nd-team Ravens fan (as in, they would be my second team,) get season tix, whatever. Never happened. Couldn't get excited about Ravens games like they were Pats games.

Long story short there's just no reason to like any other team. Any of them could beat us. They must all be destroyed.

PFnV

the browns, the vikes. any one else i hate.

crenell/mcginest/andruzzi for the browns

sympathy for the vikes

Don't hate the:
Bills (inlaws in Buffalo)
Houston Oilers
The team the Stooges played on

I now live in Arizona so I Do not hate the Cardinals. I feel bad for them actually. They have promise.

The only other team I want to see do well is the Bears, but never when they play the Pats. I like the history of Payton, Sayers, and the monsters of midway and one of my favorite running backs growing up was Neal Anderson.

I use to tolerate the Seachickens too since i'm from the NW but over the past few years I've began to dislike them. I can't stand Hasselbeck and some of the stupid passes he throws when pressured and alexander has turned into a pathetic RB imo.

I used to love Sweetness when I was a kid. I wrote him a letter when I was 8 and he actually took the time to write me back. He was a helluva player and a good person as well. Probably my favorite player all time besides anyone on the Pats. I really don't give a crap when celebrities die, but I felt bad for him when he died so young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes