PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Whew Jameis Winston signs 1 year deal with Saints

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you ignore the 30 INTs he threw, 5000 yards + 33 TDs is elite. Saints got their franchise QB.
He doesn’t get 5000 yards and 33 TDS without forcing throws that result in 30 ints

Really strange signing. I wonder if Hill is asking to be traded?

What about taysom Hill.? That guy should be signed soon. Where will he land..? IMO if he goes to another playoff team with a creative offense. Like San Francisco? Or baltimore? Could be deadly.

Lets trade a next year pick for that guy... Ideal roster player since he can be back up QB and also useful in your offense. If mcD could actually produce that. Hard telling.

Taysom Hill is committing to the Saints for two more years.

Hill, who had been tendered as a restricted free agent for this year, has agreed to a two-year deal to keep him in New Orleans through 2021.

According to Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports, it’s a two-year, $21 million deal with $16 million guaranteed.

Saints, Taysom Hill agree to two-year, $21 million contract - ProFootballTalk

There you go.. 10 mil per year. Kinda pricey. Also means he's gonna have a bigger role next year in modified offense. Will be fun watching Tampa v. NO twice next year. :cool:

Great player. From special teams to playing 3 different positions on offense. Good blocker.

Who knows maybe he gets subbed in on defense next year also haha.. :cool:

What a bizarre overpay for Taysom Hill. He is 29 yrs old and thrown a total of 13 passes and 64 total NFL rushes. Completion rate of 50%. Got 21M over 2 years, 16M guaranteed !?

His agent must be amazing

So, it is now down to these options for our week 1 starting QB:

Stidham - My choice....rather see what the kid has and he's on his rookie deal.

Hoyer - Glad to have him around and think he will do a good job pushing Stidham, but if he beats out Stidham...I'll start watching more Trevor Lawrence games....Hoyer is 34...not old...not young.

Newton - Another Auburn QB who happened to win a national championship....and even played in a Superbowl....might have a bum shoulder...but he would be too damn expensive...20M annually at minimum ...and we don't have that kind of money unless we restructure some contracts...which I don't want to do now given 2021's uncertainties....the cap could be less...as it depends on total gross revenue...no fans in the stands = less money....but yeah... TV deals...hmmm

Dalton - Will the Bengals cut him? Could be a good starter for us...but would cost us 17M unless we negotiated a pay cut. And Dalton is 32 years old...dunno...Dalton while a decent QB would just be us staying in neutral.....

Rosen should also be available.

What a bizarre overpay for Taysom Hill. He is 29 yrs old and thrown a total of 13 passes and 64 total NFL rushes. Completion rate of 50%. Got 21M over 2 years, 16M guaranteed !?

His agent must be amazing

The agent basically said .. if he was in there one or 2 more plays. .... ( Brees fumble) ooops .. season over.

Last edited:
So Brees makes 25m, Hill 10m, and Winston..? How much u pay that guy.?

That's a lot of money for QB position... Or.. Hills money is part TE money.. shows the value of dual use backup .QBs .. very clever. Versatility . Something belichick likes very much.

He was practically free

$148,000 signing bonus
$952,000 base salary
$1.76M playtime incentives
$1.8M playoff playtime incentives
$40,000 Pro Bowl incentive

Base $1.1M. Max $4.7M with incentives.

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) April 29, 2020

I have to give Jameis or his agent credit for seeing the big picture and some maturity. Spending a year with Drew Brees and Sean Payton's staff could resurrect his career. Teddy Bridgewater spent a year and is now starting again.

Also Winston is a better player than Taysom. I'm shocked Taysom for 21M/2yrs for barely playing.

I'm not surprised about Hill's contract. I think the 'Swiss Army knife' versatility would raise his value. He is a weapon. Two years is not a big commitment for a guy that can score.

So Brees makes 25m, Hill 10m, and Winston..? How much u pay that guy.?

That's a lot of money for QB position... Or.. Hills money is part TE money.. shows the value of dual use backup .QBs .. very clever. Versatility . Something belichick likes very much.
Yes, 2 potential starting QB's make sense. Now, if we only had two.

Has anyone here considered that Winston is just 26 with solid NFL experience. I know his INT problem, but last year he has also thrown plenty of TD passes. With good coaching he still has better ceiling than most QBs drafted this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back