Votes: 2 1.8%
  • New England :)

Votes: 87 79.8%
  • He Retires (Ian Added This)

Votes: 17 15.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No other team is signing a 43 year old QB unless they really are desperate to sell tickets. Brady would certainly help them do that at least.

I expect him to be in NE for at least 2020.

Florio had an article yesterday about San Francisco. As we know he is from there and that team is stacked. Interesting point Florio made is that the Niners could dump Jimmy G. after this year with no cap issues, as his contract was really just a two year deal and then team option. This may sound crazy in the surface, but I was at a 49ers game and he is not a good fit for Shanahan’s system despite the team’s success. He looks very out of place there and his numbers aren’t great at all...he has 7 TDs and 6 INTs.

Brady to the 49ers in 2020 can’t happen, can it?

It’s unlikely, but it should be an option on the poll list. I mean Cincinnati? Really?

I don't think Brady plays anywhere else.

But I do think there's a reason franchise QBs don't go into the last year without an extension. The talk starts becoming a major distraction as the season progresses. Brady's situation won't be any different. The media machine will hype up this story till we're sick of hearing about it. And I blame Kraft and BB's mismanagement for this.

They could have and should have just setup a 2 year contract at the start of this year with an amount set for each year that works for Brady and them. And if Brady retires at the end of the year, the 2nd year doesn't matter. Then you have Brady locked up and this stuff doesn't become a distraction. It's unfortunate they crystallized their doubts about Brady's performance holding up at age 43 next year via going down this route. It was mishandled and a poor decision.

Why play elsewhere? it's not like he needs more Lombardi. Retirement or stay a patriots are his best option.

Why play elsewhere? it's not like he needs more Lombardi. Retirement or stay a patriots are his best option.
Why does he have to retire or stay a Patriot? Because that's what his fans want him to do?

Nonsense.

Fans are perfectly fine when team kicks these players to the curb for any or no reason whatsoever. It's a business they say.

First time a player wants to move on, because its a business, fans crucify him for being a traitor, dumb, whatever.

Tom has nothing left to prove. Nobody can take the GOAT status away. If he wants to keep playing, as he says he does, and team only offers a team friendly deal that he won't accept (its a business remember), he may very well move on. We just don't know.

He will be trying to be the first QB to win three Super Bowls in a row.

Then he will hang it up like Thanos

With 8 rings (if a threepeat happens), wouldn't he be better than Thanos?

They could have and should have just setup a 2 year contract at the start of this year with an amount set for each year that works for Brady and them. And if Brady retires at the end of the year, the 2nd year doesn't matter. Then you have Brady locked up and this stuff doesn't become a distraction. It's unfortunate they crystallized their doubts about Brady's performance holding up at age 43 next year via going down this route. It was mishandled and a poor decision.

Again, every report on Brady's current contract was that this was what *he* wanted. The team cannot force him to sign any contract. It's not like Brady was a restricted free agent. He dictates what he wants. It's not the other way around.

0% chance Brady leaves the NE comfort zone

IMO.... all he wants is for NE to contractually commit to him for 3 years.

It’s a staring contest right now

Bob will have his say and Brady will get what he wants and Bill will win a shi* load more games because of it

Win win win

Again, every report on Brady's current contract was that this was what *he* wanted. The team cannot force him to sign any contract. It's not like Brady was a restricted free agent. He dictates what he wants. It's not the other way around.

WHAT!!!?!?!

No. Brady wanted a multi-year deal. BB and Kraft said this is unprecedented for a guy your age. Let's do year-to-year. Brady grudgingly accepted. In return he negotiated no franchise tag.

One thing that seems clear to me, after following Brady closely for 20 years, is he is not enjoying himself much this season. I think the WR carousel has frustrated him capped by the AB abortion. Another thing I've noticed is he appears to be moving slower when outside the pocket despite the preseason boast about his improved 40 time. Something different definitely is going on with Tom but no telling what it will lead to.

Didn't we go through this all in, what, 2006 with Doug Gabriel and Reche Caldwell? The whole "body language" thing? I remember one of the network pre-game shows — presumably CBS — playing all those slow motion clips of Brady with head down or showing anything remotely resembling frustration, and they put it to "You've Got to Get Yourself Together" (or "Stuck in a Moment" or whatever it's called) by U2. Nice of them to help TFB with his approach to football, I thought. Just like then I think there's some obvious frustration with what's around him. But I still think he is working with his teammates and still enjoys the grind and, from what I see on his Instagram, it's pretty clear he still enjoys winning.

If Patriots/Brady agree to part ways it would truly be an unprecedented and bizarre outcome. Closest comparisons would be Montana, Manning and Favre but each of those situations had major differences. Montana had been recently injured and Young had already proven himself a stud. Manning was coming off serious neck surgery and the Colts had the chance to pick Luck who was considered a generational talent. Favre was doing his annual retire/don't retire dance so it made sense for the Packers to move on to their ready to go Rogers.

Pats losing Brady when they'd have a win now team w/o a seemingly ready back up would be a very odd choice. We all assume that if Brady left he'd want to go to a championship ready team with a strong defense. He has that exact thing in the Patriots. He's wanted off seasons free to be with his family - assume that would be hard to pull off in a new system.

Maybe Stidham is further along than we think and BB is excited about the chance to see what he can do "after Brady" like some of the pundits have indicated. Maybe Brady feels the same way and wants to prove it was mostly him all along. From my view this seems highly unlikely. My guess is they agree on a 2 year deal after the season but if not then he retires.

Didn't we go through this all in, what, 2006 with Doug Gabriel and Reche Caldwell? The whole "body language" thing? I remember one of the network pre-game shows — presumably CBS — playing all those slow motion clips of Brady with head down or showing anything remotely resembling frustration, and they put it to "You've Got to Get Yourself Together" (or "Stuck in a Moment" or whatever it's called) by U2. Nice of them to help TFB with his approach to football, I thought. Just like then I think there's some obvious frustration with what's around him. But I still think he is working with his teammates and still enjoys the grind and, from what I see on his Instagram, it's pretty clear he still enjoys winning.
That’s exactly right. That 2006 team’s O was a disaster for a while and was a Rodney injury away from winning the SB.

Maybe Sanu will be the equivalent of Late-2006 Gaffney??

... and was a Rodney injury away from winning the SB....

Yup. A fine gift from Jeff "Competition Committee" Fisher's Titans.

It's all media fueled bullcrap. Either Brady plays in New England or he retires.

Unlike tbe Montana situation or the Favre situations, there is no young stud like Steve Young or Aaron Rogers trying to take his job.

Brady and Giselle are staying on the coast, either East or West, nothing in between.

Obvious answer is LA or Miami. MIA is a cosmoplitan City, has plenty of $$, needs a QB, plenty of draft picks, familiar with coaching staff (ex-Pats), etc.

For those thinking no way because its in AFCE, see Amendola. If this happens it would obviously be because BB no longer believes TB is a good fit for the team or wants to low ball him. Idk, seems unlikely, but we've seen it before dozens of times.

Newhouse would be the best OL in Miami. Why would he go to Miami? They are 3 or 4 years away at least to be relevant.

Newhouse would be the best OL in Miami. Why would he go to Miami? They are 3 or 4 years away at least to be relevant.
Why are you asking me tough questions? I thought this thread was about hypotheticals!
I'm not prepared to defend anything I say on this thread.

I agree with this. He wishes he had better targets and offense was performing better, but he likes winning just as much as always.

Anytime there is a situation where people wonder where a player is going to be next season, I always go with the status quo (unless it's a situation where we absolutely know the status quo just can't happen).

I have found that predicting the status quo, while certainly not correct 100% of the time, is the likeliest outcome. So I'll make the same prediction here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes