PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Where does your Super Bowl interest level rank compared to others?

Ice_Ice_Brady

I heard 10,000 whispering and nobody listening
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
How is everyone feeling about the game? Indifference? Some excitement about the matchup? Can’t remember the last one that didn’t have either he Patriots, Manning, or an AFC team we all hated. Or maybe you hate the Chiefs, but I’m sure it’s not at the level of those old rivals like Denver, Baltimore, Indy, Pittsburgh.

Can I get back to you on Monday?

Weird not to have the Pats in it. My daughter is 2 and a half and this is the first Super Bowl of her lifetime where she can say that ;)

I really didn't want either the 49ers or the Chiefs to make it. I don't want either of them to win. I don't have a heavy rooting interest but I guess I'm rooting for the Chiefs (I don't want 49ers fans out here to become any more obnoxious than they already are).

That said, I think it's going to be a great game. Tons of talent on both sides, two really good coaches, and tons of speed and dynamics on the field. I think it'll be exciting and will come down to the final drive.

Also gonna look for some good prop bets so I have personal rooting interests. Anyone see anything they like?

no particular emotions, no exciment as Pats are not there :(

but i admit that 'on the paper' should be a good game

open...difficult to predict

2 good teams, no doubt

Looking forward to it ... as always.
I am not the sore loser type ... so we're not in it ... actually good for the league.
It's a great day for family and friends and oh ... there's a game.
Seriously ... I think it will be a good one ... the points scored could be amazing.

Also gonna look for some good prop bets so I have personal rooting interests. Anyone see anything they like?

I would probably take both teams at -14 points with the odds on either, so that if the game is a blowout you’ll still come out ahead by quite a bit. My gut feeling is the game will not be that close because both teams have the ability to score a lot of points quickly. Kind of like those old Dallas/SF showdowns in the early 90s where jumping out the early lead was key. Or I would just take the long odds on San Francisco -14. Probably won’t pay off but like the value there; I think SF is a much better team, and KC will get blown out if Mahomes doesn’t have spectacular game. Either Mahomes hot knife through butters that defense and the Chiefs win, or that defense proves to be too good to beat consistently, and the Niners win big.

i see that actual cost for the ticket game is EXTREMELY HIGH...:eek::eek::eek:

no particular emotions, no exciment as Pats are not there :(

but i admit that 'on the paper' should be a good game

open...difficult to predict

2 good teams, no doubt

This for me too. I don't have a preference for who wins. Both teams playing did a good job this season and beat who they had to. I am going to watch the game and am having a small party this year. I NEVER have or go to a party if the Pats are playing because I need to watch the game.

Zero interest. What's changed for me is that unlike in years past I'm not being driven by any sour feelings. I'm merely indifferent.

I'm in a place where, when I hear who won, I'll take a moment or two to mentally congratulate them and then contentedly go back to whatever I was doing. :)

I'm just glad the Baltimorons didn't get in.

Last edited:
I think the game might be square and interesting. However not as much to reject my sleep time and watch it live. I will follow it next day.

I think the game might be square and interesting. However not as much to reject my sleep time and watch it live. I will follow it next day.
i am thinking to do this...the game is here at night...starting 00,30...probably i will get out of bed monday morning at 5 am without staying all night in front of tv...

I'm indifferent as to the outcome, but I'm not going to miss pacing the floor and dropping expletives with each and every play or at the broadcast team for some of their ridiculous commentary.
What's the over/under on how many times the words Patriots or Brady are spoken?

Rather indifferent. I detest the Chiefs but don’t particularly want to see SF win.

It's a weird feeling for sure. I used to take the Monday off after the SB when the Pats were in it. I knew win or lose, I wouldn't be able to sleep after the game. I have to work Monday, and it seems weird. I know I'm spoiled, but I don't think we'll ever see the Pats in 4 SBs in 5 years ever again. All together, it was just an unprecedented run, 9 SBs in 18 years.

That being said, I've been rooting for the Niners on the NFC side since the playoffs started. I have a rooting interest in the Niners winning, I lived in SF for 7 years back in 1999-2006, and they became my NFC team. Add in Jimmy G to the mix, and I'm rooting for them big time. I'm kinda sick of the Chiefs hype, though they haven't won anything in 50 years, but I don't necessarily HATE the Chiefs, I actually like Mahomes despite the hype.

It's kinda weird rooting for the Niners, considering IF they win, they will tie us (& the Steelers) with 6 SB wins, so it'll be kinda bittersweet if they win. We will just have to win it next year to take the lead :)

I'm looking forward to it, very curious about the game plans. I expect KC's D will get exposed a bit but have no clue if it will be enough for SF to carry the day considering KC's rabbit out of a hat offense. First SB in some time that I don't have any real money on, just can't get a handle on it. That alone is more than enough to guarantee I'll be watching.

I'm honestly surprised they are even gonna play the game without us.

It's kinda weird rooting for the Niners, considering IF they win, they will tie us (& the Steelers) with 6 SB wins, so it'll be kinda bittersweet if they win.

this is the reason why i am totally neutral

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back