PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When will Kraft, Belichick, and Brady have their "Meeting of the minds?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

New England Pride

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
I think at this point in time most of us realize there is some type of tension in the Patriots organization. The truth likely lies somewhere in between ESPN's CNN style #FakeNews article and the letter that was put out by New England denying the articles claims. Robert Kraft has acknowledged that there is tension and there has been talks about a "Meeting of the minds" between the big three in New England.

Back to my question and the main purpose of this thread, has anyone heard anything about when this meeting will take place if at all? With motivations and philosophy's changing, I do think that getting together this offseason is going to be critical in how the Brady/Belichick era plays out. I know this is an emotional topic for many of us, but lets try to keep the trolling and cognitive dissonance to a minimal in this thread.

Kraft and Bill already had a sit down. They were spotted at Davios together a few weeks after SB. This was likely for public display but probably followed the real thing in private.

Brady and Bill probably won't ever have a sit down on the type of topics your getting at but I'm sure in Bills way he'll move things onto a New Year with TB12 when vets arrive for OTAs.

I'm sure he's open to any sit-downs related to scheming thats why qualified.

I think at this point in time most of us realize there is some type of tension in the Patriots organization. The truth likely lies somewhere in between ESPN's CNN style #FakeNews article and the letter that was put out by New England denying the articles claims. Robert Kraft has acknowledged that there is tension and there has been talks about a "Meeting of the minds" between the big three in New England.

Back to my question and the main purpose of this thread, has anyone heard anything about when this meeting will take place if at all? With motivations and philosophy's changing, I do think that getting together this offseason is going to be critical in how the Brady/Belichick era plays out. I know this is an emotional topic for many of us, but lets try to keep the trolling and cognitive dissonance to a minimal in this thread.
I don’t think there is “A MEETING”.
I think the only real issue was the handling of Guerrero and I actually believe it’s watt under the bridge.
Anything else is just normal things that happen in any organization.

I think like anything else if people have issues they raise them and the get dealt with. It’s a process of an organization, not a summit.

I think the curtain was pulled back a bit this season but if it had been pulled back any other season it would have looked similar.

I am unaware as to the specific dynamics of their relationships, but the main decision makers on the team are: Kraft, Jonathan Kraft, Nick Caserio, and Belichick. Those 4 guys discuss all trades/transactions. So, I am sure Kraft and Belichick have had their own discussions. As to Brady, I think he is still viewed as a "player" and there might be different discussions with him. I am seeing BB and Brady meeting one on one and Kraft/Brady as well. And IMO, BB/Brady's relationship is that of a coach/QB and limited to X's and O's. Kraft/Brady's relationship is that of a owner/QB...which is different. Not seeing that three of them would be meeting about anything other than to celebrate the latest SB win at Kraft's house.

That's what I am seeing. The Patriots are a professional organization with defined roles...and everyone just does their job and stays in their lane. It is kinda why the team is pretty damn good...just a finely tuned machine humming along.....

270g3h.jpg

Meeting notes:

Bill: Tom, I'm replacing you with Johnny Manziel.

Tom: ************ Bill, Why??!

Bill: Less drama.
You could never accuse Kraft of being a cheapskate, not with the $millions he's spent plastering the flying elvis all over the planet (while everybody I run into dislikes it [not including the majority on this site])

Well, all I can say is if The March For Our Logo today doesn't result in our real helmets and uniforms being worn this fall, nothing will.

Will this crap never end????

You could never accuse Kraft of being a cheapskate, not with the $millions he's spent plastering the flying elvis all over the planet (while everybody I run into dislikes it [not including the majority on this site])

Well, all I can say is if The March For Our Logo today doesn't result in our real helmets and uniforms being worn this fall, nothing will.
Wait, what?

I think the only real issue was the handling of Guerrero and I actually believe it’s watt under the bridge...

I think Tom vs. Tim showed us how much AG means to TB(12). If AG's presence and indirect interference with the official training staff gets under BB's skin, I don't see any water flowing under any bridge.

Tom Curran was on the radio yesterday talking about this exact subject. Curran said the meeting hasn’t taken place but he believes it needs to before next season to clear the air.

Curran said the atmosphere last year was not good. He said one of the issues for Brady and Gronk is that Bill will be great towards a guy like Brandin Bolden but will ride Brady and Gronk hard. He said for 2 Future Hall Of Famers it’s not easy to see Bill take it easy on lessor guys while they take sh*t from him. He also said Gronk is frustrated with them about training. He said last year under Guerrero he was feeling a lot better then normal, could touch his toes which he hadn’t been able to do for years because of his back issues, but the team would be on him about lifting weights and doing the training he’d been doing all along.

Hopefully everyone involved clears their heads and get together like adults and figure it out.

Tom Curran was on the radio yesterday talking about this exact subject. Curran said the meeting hasn’t taken place but he believes it needs to before next season to clear the air.

Curran said the atmosphere last year was not good. He said one of the issues for Brady and Gronk is that Bill will be great towards a guy like Brandin Bolden but will ride Brady and Gronk hard. He said for 2 Future Hall Of Famers it’s not easy to see Bill take it easy on lessor guys while they take sh*t from him. He also said Gronk is frustrated with them about training. He said last year under Guerrero he was feeling a lot better then normal, could touch his toes which he hadn’t been able to do for years because of his back issues, but the team would be on him about lifting weights and doing the training he’d been doing all along.

Hopefully everyone involved clears their heads and get together like adults and figure it out.
Curran is a trusted source and what he says makes a lot of sense. It’s also the same stuff we’ve been hearing about for months, so I hope that they resolve it all soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye