PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

When will Kraft, Belichick, and Brady have their "Meeting of the minds?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom Curran was on the radio yesterday talking about this exact subject. Curran said the meeting hasn’t taken place but he believes it needs to before next season to clear the air.

Curran said the atmosphere last year was not good. He said one of the issues for Brady and Gronk is that Bill will be great towards a guy like Brandin Bolden but will ride Brady and Gronk hard. He said for 2 Future Hall Of Famers it’s not easy to see Bill take it easy on lessor guys while they take sh*t from him. He also said Gronk is frustrated with them about training. He said last year under Guerrero he was feeling a lot better then normal, could touch his toes which he hadn’t been able to do for years because of his back issues, but the team would be on him about lifting weights and doing the training he’d been doing all along.

Hopefully everyone involved clears their heads and get together like adults and figure it out.
I honestly never envisioned that I would have so much in common with Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski in the workplace.

I'm not saying that being **** Vermeil or Sam Rutigliano is perfect, but dumping sh*t on self-motivated people who do more than their share is negative reinforcement which drags everything and everyone down, creating a mountainous, unnecessary addition to the obstacles to success that already exist.

Tom Curran was on the radio yesterday talking about this exact subject. Curran said the meeting hasn’t taken place but he believes it needs to before next season to clear the air.

Curran said the atmosphere last year was not good. He said one of the issues for Brady and Gronk is that Bill will be great towards a guy like Brandin Bolden but will ride Brady and Gronk hard. He said for 2 Future Hall Of Famers it’s not easy to see Bill take it easy on lessor guys while they take sh*t from him. He also said Gronk is frustrated with them about training. He said last year under Guerrero he was feeling a lot better then normal, could touch his toes which he hadn’t been able to do for years because of his back issues, but the team would be on him about lifting weights and doing the training he’d been doing all along.

Hopefully everyone involved clears their heads and get together like adults and figure it out.
This is just mediot BULLSH!T. Brady has been coached hard for 17 F*CKING years. And in those 18 years what have you seen that makes you think that in the 18th year Brady would suddenly become a sensitive whiner, who desperately needs a pat on the back and a weekly t-shirt. :rolleyes: It is ludicrous, simply LUDICROUS.

For his ENTIRE football career (college and pros) Brady has WELCOMED hard coaching and thrives in that environment. Curran has generally been a decent reporter, but I'm thinking that because he's gotten so much TV time lately, he feels the need to bring more drama to the Patriot narrative, and THUS you get the implausible narrative you've repeated.

Trouble in Paradise is an easy storyline to create when you haven't got anything else. It's march, hard to get excited about a Matthew Slater signing.

Last edited:
Well first off none of those 3 would tell anyone if they did have 1 so no clue why anyone would act like it hasn't happened and who the hell knows if that was at all true, could have just been more mediot bullsh!t

I think Tom vs. Tim showed us how much AG means to TB(12). If AG's presence and indirect interference with the official training staff gets under BB's skin, I don't see any water flowing under any bridge.
Why? Guerrero still works with brady and B.B. has not interfered with that. He simply reminded everyone that Guerrero is not a team employee.

This is just mediot BULLSH!T. Brady has been coached hard for 17 F*CKING years. And in those 18 years what have you seen that makes you think that in the 18th year Brady would suddenly become a sensitive whiner, who desperately needs a pat on the back and a weekly t-shirt. :rolleyes: It is ludicrous, simply LUDICROUS.

For his ENTIRE football career (college and pros) Brady has WELCOMED hard coaching and thrives in that environment. Curran has generally been a decent reporter, but I'm thinking that because he's gotten so much TV time lately, he feels the need to bring more drama to the Patriot narrative, and THUS you get the implausible narrative you've repeated.

Trouble in Paradise is an easy storyline to create when you haven't got anything else. It's march, hard to get excited about a Matthew Slater signing.

None of us are there so how can we say Bill is treating Brady/Gronk the same as in years past?. Maybe the dynamic between Bill and Brady has changed. I don’t think we can just say this is media driven when both Brady and Gronk have given clear signs that there are issues. How do you explain the end of Tom vs Time? Kraft has admitted to the tensions. And when it comes from Curran I myself give it more validity then from other media members.

Gronk wants more money, Brady wants Gronk... beyond that stop believing the Wicker-sham... he's a Bronco's fans who was excommunicated from Foxboro. He has no "sources" he pieced together a bunch of already reported on facts and created a soap opera.

It's funny how a hit piece is written about the Patriots every year right before the playoffs/Super Bowl and people fall for it over and over and over...

If Bills been coaching some guys differently than others it's simply because he knows what buttons need to be pushed. I'm sure he's been doing it this way forever to get as much out of the team as he can, not sure why TB or Gronk would suddenly have a problem with Bills coaching style. I've heard of guys coming here from other teams and were surprised that Bill gets on the star players like he does, makes them think if he gets on those guys he's sure as hell gonna get on me.

Asked about Tom Brady alluding to feeling conflicted in the "Tom vs. Time" finale, Bill Belichick said, "I've had direct conversations with Tom, many times obviously through a long period of time. I'll rely on those conversations that I have with him directly rather than something else. Tom and I have always had a good line of communication. We've always been able to talk directly to each other. I don't see that changing. So I'll rely on those instead of anything else."
BOSTON Sports Teams, Scores, Stats, News, Standings, Rumors - ESPN Boston

I'm sure he's been doing it this way forever to get as much out of the team as he can, not sure why TB or Gronk would suddenly have a problem with Bills coaching style.
Why are you assuming it would have to be sudden? For all we know TB and Gronk have hated it for years but just grit their teeth and bore it but have finally reached their breaking point after years of swallowing it. It's not like that never happens at work.

I now find myself wondering if Tom Sr.'s "It will end badly" remark back in early 2015 was in part alluding to venting to him that Tom Jr. had been doing and not just generically to BB's legendary coldheartedness around parting with stars when the needs of the team call for it.

I don't know anyone who could work under/with the same person for nearly 20 years and not gradually get really irritated by that person. I could work with freakin' Gandhi and after 20 years I would probably hate his guts.

I don't know anyone who could work under/with the same person for nearly 20 years and not gradually get really irritated by that person. I could work with freakin' Gandhi and after 20 years I would probably hate his guts.
Hes just too damn nice its almost fake how nice he is the bastard acting all nice.

The breaking point was Bill Belichick making the worst coaching decision of his career and costing Brady a Super Bowl. He can put up with Bill's ******** when its being done to help win games but when he costs them a game its too much.

The assumption that any of us can know what is going on between or among any two or more of the Krafts, Belichick, Brady or Gronkowski, let alone know what is actually going on inside any of their minds, is ludicrous.

Give it a rest. It is what it is and it will be what it will be no matter what any of us might imagine we know, think, surmise or guess what it is or will be.

I could work with freakin' Gandhi and after 20 years I would probably hate his guts.

But he'd still speak kindly of you...all the while subtly eroding your power base.
Nothing personal, it's just kinda his thing.

None of us are there so how can we say Bill is treating Brady/Gronk the same as in years past?. Maybe the dynamic between Bill and Brady has changed. I don’t think we can just say this is media driven when both Brady and Gronk have given clear signs that there are issues. How do you explain the end of Tom vs Time? Kraft has admitted to the tensions. And when it comes from Curran I myself give it more validity then from other media members.

Curran has lost a little credibility, tho I still put above almost everyone else- based on his excellent past- I've followed him since he started- but he is NO LONGER in the class of Reiss- who is the one guy you can count on. Curran has been indulging in a little too much speculation lately.
From what I've seen and heard, Reiss is much more plugged in to and trusted by everyone at Patriot Place than Curran these days. Tom needs to get back to what made him really good in the first place and leave this gossip ******** to all the airheads on radio.

Would love to know if there is a recording of this somewhere. Hopefully Curran will talk about it on QuickSlants because this is a total departure from what Curran (and everyone really) has been saying specifically about Brady in the past.

He and Perry has been saying for years that one of the things that made BB and Brady such a good combination is that Brady not only accepted being coached hard but actively embraced it because it meshed with his competitive nature. We have all read the interviews of players that retired and or left many times that mention how BB chewed out Brady in front of everyone to set the tone of responsibility and accountability.

Just to clarify, I am not implying that you are misrepresenting what Curran said. I am just fascinated by how the narrative about Brady thriving under hard coaching actually has changed apparently.

Curran has lost a little credibility, tho I still put above almost everyone else- based on his excellent past- I've followed him since he started- but he is NO LONGER in the class of Reiss- who is the one guy you can count on. Curran has been indulging in a little too much speculation lately.
From what I've seen and heard, Reiss is much more plugged in to and trusted by everyone at Patriot Place than Curran these days. Tom needs to get back to what made him really good in the first place and leave this gossip ******** to all the airheads on radio.

What exactly did Curran speculate on ? Reiss has been a worse offender than Curran this year just based on that ridiculously ambiguous Butler piece he wrote before the season.

Curious what exactly your issue is, especially because Curran is one of the few who actually has refrained on speculating on the entire Gronk situation and only provided facts.

Would love to know if there is a recording of this somewhere. Hopefully Curran will talk about it on QuickSlants because this is a total departure from what Curran (and everyone really) has been saying specifically about Brady in the past.

He and Perry has been saying for years that one of the things that made BB and Brady such a good combination is that Brady not only accepted being coached hard but actively embraced it because it meshed with his competitive nature. We have all read the interviews of players that retired and or left many times that mention how BB chewed out Brady in front of everyone to set the tone of responsibility and accountability.

Just to clarify, I am not implying that you are misrepresenting what Curran said. I am just fascinated by how the narrative about Brady thriving under hard coaching actually has changed apparently.
I didn’t hear it on the last episode, so maybe Curran addresses it in the next week or two.

IF this is actually how Brady feels, I’d have to guess that the Guerrero situation has to have a lot to do with things. Just wish this crap would go away. I guess we lucked out last offseason in the sense that there wasn’t as much drama in terms of serial killers, multiple years of cheating scandals/court cases/suspensions, stars pondering retirement, etc. It was a pretty easy offseason from a fan’s perspective. Of course, winning 2/3 years helped a lot. :cool:

The assumption that any of us can know what is going on between or among any two or more of the Krafts, Belichick, Brady or Gronkowski, let alone know what is actually going on inside any of their minds, is ludicrous.

Give it a rest. It is what it is and it will be what it will be no matter what any of us might imagine we know, think, surmise or guess what it is or will be.

Doris Day lives!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye