Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What would your preferred OL be? [LT to RT]

• Something else

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I've got a bad feeling about Wynn at RT. Other then that .. it's all good.

It is a total clownshow. But please lets all act shocked when for the fourth year in a row Wynn will take the LT spot.

And we will have the same group of bozos say the same thing again next year if we pick up his option or extend him. It will never end because y'all can't accept that Occam's Razor exists.
Facts:

They just acquired a player who was a Pro-Bowl level LT here in 2018.

They drafted a player in 2018 who has played less than 1/2 the games who has played 36 game at LG who went up against the best competition in the country. He practiced at the position multiple times here.

They just lost their Pro-Bowl LG

They have a player at RT who was named to the All-Rookie Team.

It is not a forgone conclusion Wynn is locked in at LT but keep insulting those posters who acknowledge the above.

It is not a forgone conclusion Wynn is locked in at LT but keep insulting those posters who acknowledge the above.

It is fine.

The training camp will come, Wynn will line up as LT, Brown at the position he spend most of his career at RT and Owenu as Guard.

Maybe if it happens four years in a row people will finally abandon this sillyness.

LT-Wynn
LG-Mason
C-Andrews
RG-Onwenu
RT-Brown

Starters aside, Teddy Karras is going to play a huge role in reserve. That good quality pair of fresh legs able to come in late in the game to keep the line moving forward, especially against top heavy teams that don't have good reserve DL/DTs, is going to really help the rushing game in the 4th quarter.

Trent Brown was the 29th rated RT in SF. He graded great as a pass blocker but hit and miss as a run blocker. Remember we got him cheap via trade. Consistent with his later reports in NE and also on the Raiders. A RT needs to be a mean nasty run blocker in a power running scheme. A LT's primary talent is pass blocking. Trent Brown is a better pass blocker than run blocker. I obviously agree he can play RT too but I know Onwenu can as well, and Wynn is unreliable having only played 16 of 48 NFL games. Brown's a beast pass blocker more suited for LT.

"As a run-blocker, Brown has been hit or miss from play to play as an NFL right tackle. From 2015-2017 he ranked 11th among qualifying right tackles by earning a positively-graded run-block percentage of 10.5%, but he also ranked dead last among the same group with a negatively-graded run-block percentage of 19.0%."

It is fine.

The training camp will come, Wynn will line up as LT, Brown at the position he spend most of his career at RT and Owenu as Guard.

Maybe if it happens four years in a row people will finally abandon this sillyness.

I'm not against Wynn at LT, I just don't see it being stable. If Wynn is hurt for even 1 game this year then just stop shuffling the whole OLine, put Wynn at LG and stop even trying to play him at LT. The whole OLine gets messed up constantly shuffling people to compensate for Wynn being in and out. Wynn has only played 16 of 48 games. He's constantly hurt.

I really like hypes version

brown - onwenu - Andrews - mason - Wynn.

that is a lot of power on the left side and has mason on the backside!

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back