This is a poll

• Mosslost

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • No?

Votes: 14 66.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Might not be true because it’s from Rosenhaus, but sounds like Bill will be working on bringing in a quality tackle if he was really trying to get Trent Brown back

Patriots reportedly wanted to keep Trent Brown, agent Drew Rosenhaus spoke to Bill Belichick at 4:30 a.m.
Taking that with a grain of salt. There is nothing that adds value to any football player more than the words "Bill Bellichick wants to keep my client". If I was an agent, those 7 words would be part of EVERY client's pitch book

And while I have no doubt the Pats would have liked to have kept Brown, I would have been stunned if the were within $3-5MM/yr of the offer he got from the desperate Raiders. He was the best FA OT among a very weak class....and the man got PAID!

Last edited:
BTW- I don't know if it was someone's report or what, but I'm under the distinct impression that the Pats are high on Cole Crossen. So I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him win the role of Swing Tackle this season

BTW- I don't know if it was someone's report or what, but I'm under the distinct impression that the Pats are high on Cole Crossen. So I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him win the role of Swing Tackle this season

Cole Crossen would be one heck of a player! - blazing speed and tackling machine while swinging across the OL ..

OT Cole Croston
DB Keion Crossen

Last edited:
EDIT: missed the thread.. nevermind

Last edited:
Sign a vet. Wynn is coming from an injury, so they at least need a bridge until they know if he’s good to go. I want Wynn to start as much as anyone, but he’s gotta be right.

good point. Adding a mid round tackle would still be good to possibly develop him for a year and then replace Thuney or Cannon

Sign a vet. Wynn is coming from an injury, so they at least need a bridge until they know if he’s good to go. I want Wynn to start as much as anyone, but he’s gotta be right.

Wynn is ready. Wynn win.

good point. Adding a mid round tackle would still be good to possibly develop him for a year and then replace Thuney or Cannon
Yeah, with 12 picks you have to thunk that at least 2 will be OLmen

Yeah, with 12 picks you have to thunk that at least 2 will be OLmen

I'm definitely with you on this one. I'd think at least one tackle and one guard/center would make sense. To me it's a question of when, not if; while I'd rather see the first three or four picks used on defense (or for a WR/TE), I wouldn't be surprised if we saw an OL pick as early as 56.

I'm definitely with you on this one. I'd think at least one tackle and one guard/center would make sense. To me it's a question of when, not if; while I'd rather see the first three or four picks used on defense (or for a WR/TE), I wouldn't be surprised if we saw an OL pick as early as 56.
The way I see the OL this off season is to see us us one of the top 6 on the OL (probably in the 3rd round), one late round pick, and one minimum wage vet signed before camp and then they'll sort it out from there.

I was VERY high on Wynn before he was hurt. I know some people don't see him as a prototypical LT because of his size and arm length. But I see him as the prototype of a NEW age LT, which requires more speed and athleticism because they are going up against faster and smaller DE's. If he is healthy, I think we will be fine at LT

For Tackle, plans A, B, C:
A. Sign Matt Tobin.
B. Draft a tackle Day 1 or 2.
C. Trade? Joe Staley (35) Jason Peters (37)

I’m starting to think he might be ray lewis

We should take mcgary in the second round. Right tackle, great run blocker, barely adequate pass protector.

After we trade pick 32 to the giants for 37 and 108, we use 108 to take Hyatt from Clemson, great pass protector, can play either side and not so good in the running game.

Watched Wynn during his entirety in Athens. Have no doubt that if his health holds up that he can be a legitimate starter for 6-10 years.

There’s been an angle that he might be “better suited for guard”, which is a lazy outlook attributed to his measurements. He could certainly play guard though if the other pieces on the team permit it. Still see him as a tackle though. Apart from injury there’s no other reason to not maintain a more favorable outlook on him, it’s just obviously tough that the opening at LT (for now) increases the pressures of filling in sooner than later.

Wow. Just realized the OL only allowed 21 sacks in the reg season & ONLY 1 in the postseason! Hope they keep Brady clean like that again this season.

Patriots will draft a tackle early. I would not be surprised to see them trade out of the first round and pick up more 2nd round picks.

Their 1st round pick IS a 2nd round pick for all intents and purposes

Kenneth Simms mentioned Donald Penn as an option, wonder what he'd cost. Anyone know if he had a strong year?

He’s old and hasn’t been healthy for years. He’ll probably retire in camp.

I don't see any OT currently available worth signing, especially with the post- LaCosse - Ellington - Harris - Brooks - Bolden scraps we would only be able to offer them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back