• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Froob

Independent Investigator & pliable af
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Wynn is coming off injury and is a rook and Cannon is great mostly but you can expect he’ll miss a few games and he might be one concussion away from being done. If Wynn struggles early and Cannon gets hurt again, strong depth will be needed.

I think a tackle will be taken early maybe even in the first round. Any vets the Pats should be looking at? Like how they snagged Trent Brown last year.

Wynn could be plugged in at Guard if Tunney leaves if there is a bigger name tackle drafted/acquired

Last edited:
I think at the very least we need another quality depth piece. Even if Wynn turns out great and both he and Cannon stay healthy, we lost our primary swing tackle in Waddle, so we need to replace him. Normally I would say draft a guy in the middle rounds, bring in a few UDFAs and let Scar figure out who our best backup is. But with Wynn as an unknown, I'd like a veteran swing guy as insurance, if we can manage it.

Wynn was drafted high because he was clearly the best OT prospect last season despite his smaller size. While it was unlucky that he was lost for the season it was lucky that he was hurt super early. This means he should be available for training camp and get into shape before the season starts.

Plus in the 1st round...I think we should be focusing on DL (particularly DE) and see if anyone drops. If not maybe trade back and get a tackle then.

Imagine a reporter asking B.B. what will happen about replacing tackle?

We will find another tackle

Imagine a reporter asking B.B. what will happen about replacing tackle?

We will find another tackle
I would draft Scharping N/Ill r4 and Barton Utah r/6/7

Losing Waddle this off-season and Fleming last year hurts for sure...but I think we have an in-house solution already in Cole Croston who has two years of service in Dante's Inferno....IIRC, we carried him on the active roster all year in 2017 as a guard....and flipped him to tackle last season while on the PS.

vet tackle (cheap) and draft another in the mid rounds as backup swing tackle for Scar to mold

Kenneth Simms mentioned Donald Penn as an option, wonder what he'd cost. Anyone know if he had a strong year?

Kenneth Simms mentioned Donald Penn as an option, wonder what he'd cost. Anyone know if he had a strong year?
I believe he was moved to RT and struggled. Wants to play LT and Houston looks like the landing spot rn

Won’t matter who we get. Going to the bowl even with tiger woods playing tight end

Croston is good backup. Ulrick John was on the team last year too...they should bring him back. I'm not familiar with Ryker or Skippe...

CURRENT OFFENSIVE TACKLES

LT Isaiah Wynn
RT Marcus Cannon
OT/G Cole Croston
OT Ryker Mathews
OT Dan Skippe

Wynn is Week 1 starter.

Because we don't know what will happen with Thuney next year we draft a LT/RT prospect Day 1 OR draft a G.

We also don't know about Cannon in 2020.

We sign/trade for a vet.

That'll do.

Wynn is Week 1 starter.

Because we don't know what will happen with Thuney next year we draft a LT/RT prospect Day 1 OR draft a G

We sign/trade for a vet.

That'll do.

Thuney started as a rookie as 3rd rounder. I don't see the need to draft OL first round with more pressing needs.

Wynn is Week 1 starter.

Because we don't know what will happen with Thuney next year we draft a LT/RT prospect Day 1 OR draft a G.

We also don't know about Cannon in 2020.

We sign/trade for a vet.

That'll do.

The O-line is stacked....zero chance BB drafts a G or OT in the first round. My Prediction: BB drafts a G or OT in the first round.

Wynn is Week 1 starter....

We are all assuming this because of a lack of activity, but has there been any affirmative information that this is how the team sees the situation? Just curious.

We are all assuming this because of a lack of activity, but has there been any affirmative information that this is how the team sees the situation? Just curious.
I'm just going by what Scar said.

Health wise I have no idea if he will be ready. If we go by this, he will be ready Week 1 but not back to his 100% until the following year.

Professional Athletes' Return to Play and Performance After Operative Repair of an Achilles Tendon Rupture. - PubMed - NCBI

Scarnecchia said he was the best tackle in the best conference in football in college, so presumably he is highly regarded as a tackle.

The O-line is stacked....zero chance BB drafts a G or OT in the first round. My Prediction: BB drafts a G or OT in the first round.

Depending how the board falls - id be actually surprised if they dont bring OL in with one their first 3 picks.

some smart, tough, versatile solid monster like Risner, Lindstrom, Tytus..

maybe C on Day 3 - in case they dont trust Karras - should be very good value there

But re-sign John first and maybe another forgotten vet swing tackle..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back