Votes: 26 14.2%
  • 2004 Pats

Votes: 47 25.7%
  • other

Votes: 16 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The 2001 team for me. Its somthing I waited for my whole life, and no one gave us a chance. That playoffs was amazing to watch as well. I love that team.

I'd put other up against any of those teams.

I would definitely have to go with 2004.

I LOVED the 2003 team, and I have to ask myself, what is the difference between the 2004 team and the 2003 team. Simple answer: Corey friggin' Dillon. He was an absolute monster that year.

Not only that, but what I absolutely loved about them is that they REALLY could win any way possible. They won in a shootout against Indy. Then they were able to win in a rain/mud bowl against the Baltimore Ravens.

...and how 'bout that postseason run?!?

I would agree with this.

I loved the 2003 team - best Pats defense, and I love defense. But 2004 was the most balanced team we've ever had thanks to the dominant running game with Dillon. Defense just a shade below 2003, Brady and the passing game brilliant, and a crushing power running game. We beat teams up with our D and the running game, and sliced them apart with the pass. Can't get much better. I'll take that well-rounded team over the one-dimensional 2007 team any day.

Plus there was the way the season unfolded. The record winning streak broken with the devastating injury-plagued loss to Pittsburgh, going 14-2 but still finishing with the 2nd best record in the conference, then dominating Indy again in the playoffs and going into Pittsburgh and ripping them apart. Total vindication. And beating the team that was clearly the class of the NFC in the SB. Plus, back-to-back titles and 3 in 4 years with the "dynasty" label. Just can't beat it.

I say 2001 with reservation. That was truly a magical, unexpected season, capped by the thrill of upsetting the Greatest Show on Turf to win our first Super Bowl.

But then I remember 2002 and thinking perhaps 2001 was just one big lottery win. But 2003 happened and erased all doubt that the Patriots were truly a team on the rise that managed to steal an early Super Bowl on their way to the top, and their were a lot of exciting games that year (at Mia, at Denv, at Indy) despite our dominant record. 2004 put us over the top as a truly dominating team.

2005 lol...I dont know why maybe it's becasue Madden 06 owned and I went to the Jacksonville playoff game and I was just happier then haha.

Damn, this is a tough choice. The 2004 team with TROY playing corner and Earthwind Moreland was a great team.

But I chose the 18-1 team which lost the Super Bowl due to a crazy play that happens once every 25 years. I still believe that that team is the best team in Patriot history. They were absolutely dominant and eventually heart-breakers.

I would definitely have to go with 2004.

I LOVED the 2003 team, and I have to ask myself, what is the difference between the 2004 team and the 2003 team. Simple answer: Corey friggin' Dillon. He was an absolute monster that year.

Not only that, but what I absolutely loved about them is that they REALLY could win any way possible. They won in a shootout against Indy. Then they were able to win in a rain/mud bowl against the Baltimore Ravens.

...and how 'bout that postseason run?!?

In the Divisional Round we played against the Colts, who don't forget were favorites to win even though the game was in Gillette. WHy, you ask?

1.) The Colts completely destroyed the Broncos.
2.) Manning was coming off an NFL record 49 TD passes. They had three receivers that had 1,000+ yards and 10+TDS each.
3.) The Pats were so depleted with injuries that Troy Brown was the main cover guy for Brandon Stokley.
4.) Ty Law and Richard Seymour were to miss the game.

...and the final score of the game? Pats 20, Indy 3. That's right, 3. Unbelievable. This is clearly my favorite Pats game aside from the Pats-Rams Super Bowl.

Then on to the AFC Championship Game. It set up perfectly just like a movie. The Pats were to face the Steelers, the team that earlier in the year ended their 21 game win streak, and was now a 15 game win streak themselves. oh, and what happened? The Pats put up 42 points against the Steelers #1 ranked defense.

I mean, c'mon, that was just unbelievable.

Oh, and we won the Super BOwl against a team that had made it to the conference finals for the fourth straight year, so they were not a flash in the pan type team.

I was a HUGE fan of the 97 Patriots too though. I REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted to see them win.

I agree 2004 for all those reasons................plus, I was at that 20-3 game.:D

this thread is over a year old but still worthy of great discussion...keep the responses comin'

My all time favorite team to watch was the 2007 team, just incredible, offense ran to perfection. They were undefeated, 16-0, no team had ever done that before. The SB ending was a kick in the nuts, but what can you do.

My second favorite team was the 76 team, they were loaded on both sides of the ball and got royally, royally screwed in the playoffs by a BS call.

That would have been our first Super Bowl winning team..............

I voted for the 2001 Pats. A Cinderella story and an unbelievable finish.

2001's playoffs were very special because nobody expect us to win but it was not enjoyable from beginning to end.

Out of 2003 and 2004, I picked 2004. 2004 is special because it was the season after Polian whined about the defensive holding calls. Yet, the Pats still hold the Colts to 3 points with a patchwork secondary. Then they proceed to destroy the Steelers again at the Ketchup palace. Finally, watching McNabb run the 2 minute drill was inspiring.

2001's playoffs were very special because nobody expect us to win but it was not enjoyable from beginning to end.

I get what you are saying, that would have been like if the Eagles won the Super Bowl this year. Even though it would have ended the best possible way, their season was loaded with turmoil throughout.

you gotta love all those teams.

I picked other because there are all my fav teams, I enjoyed the 03-04 run as much as anything though

That's easy. I go with Brady's thoughts.

I like the NEXT LOMBARDI Trophy team best of all.:D:D

The 2009 team. ;)

Gotta be the miracle Pats of 2001 as my favorite. Nobody expected them to beat the Rams except for Pats fans. That was so sweet. The best team in terms of talent was the 2004 superbowl champs though. It was simply dominant.

Nice bump. I love watching Patriots football all the time, but I have never had more fun than during that 2003 season. It was the perceived "validation", so to speak, of 2001 (even though I don't believe that myself, personally). There were so many amazing/fun/bizarre/ridiculous wins in that season. It's true that the 2004 team could win in any method necessary, but I think the 2003 team personified that even more. They won:

(1) High scoring shootouts (38-34 in Indy, 38-30 over Tennessee, 32-29 in the Super Bowl)

(2) Low scoring defensive struggles (9-3 over Cleveland, 12-0 over Dallas AND Miami)

(3) Games that came down to the wire (MNF intentional safety at Denver, Wild OT win in Houston, a taut 23-16 win in Week 3 against the Jets, Brady to Brown in OT in Miami, 17-14 over Tennessee in the Arctic Divisional game)

(4) Blowouts (31-10 over the Eagles in an often forgotten, yet wildly important game, when the Eagles were coming off of losing their Lincoln Financial Opener on MNF, Reversing 31-0 against Buffalo)

(5) And even the run of the mill wins were entertaining in some way (17-6 over the Giants in a rain storm, 21-16 over the Jets on a Saturday night game ("I wanna kiss you...")

Every Patriots Super Bowl season is fun, obviously, but I think this one was amazing in so many unique ways...

Voted the 04 Team, will never forget how confident and unbeatable that team looked in the playoffs, especially agaisnt the Steelers, Dillion was a masterpiece move by BB. Love all teams since BB came in though.

Last edited:
The 2003 team. What an awesome, crazy season that was. Every week it was something different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back