PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What happens to Vollmer/Cannon next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrNathanDrake

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
self explanatory. Any guesses?

Can we get a draft pick for Voller? If so, what round?

Last edited:
They didn't draft a tackle this year, so my guess is they'll extend Cannon. Apparently, with Vollmer being on IR, his contract actually rolled over and the Pat's could have him back for one more year, but he'll be cut.

They didn't draft a tackle this year, so my guess is they'll extend Cannon. Apparently, with Vollmer being on IR, his contract actually rolled over and the Pat's could have him back for one more year, but he'll be cut.
Cannon is signed through 2021.

Cannon's transformation this year has been amazing. We all know Dante is a good coach, but cannon literally went from jag to second team all pro in one year,

If vollmer comes back next season, maybe it could be with Houston. Their right tackle was pathetic.

Think the writing is pretty much written on the wall. Cannon extended, and Vollmer's career might be over.

So will we trade Vollmer for draft pick???

I have to guess that Vollmer is close to retirement. If not, makes for some great veteran depth to have that many quality tackles. All three of them (including Solder) haven't been healthy at the same time for what...three years?

Cut and resigned respectively.

I have to disagree -- it doesn't seem likely that we cut a UFA and re-sign a guy who's under contract for 5 more years. ;)

Vollmer does seem likely to retire, but if he is able to return I'd be all for signing him to a 1-year deal and drafting another tackle.

Depends on how Cannon looks the next two weeks and if Vollmer's body is up to the task. If the answers to both of those questions are "good" and "yes", respectively, then bring both of them back and let them have a camp battle next season.

Hey, I'm glad you took that in the right way. :cool:

Just an oversight on my part. :) I am aware that Neil Armstrong landed on the moon recently, however, so I got that going for me, which is nice. :D

Vollmer is a free agent. I don't think the Pats will re-sign him. He is likely going to retire anyway.

isn't he simply a free agent?

Vollmer is a free agent. I don't think the Pats will re-sign him. He is likely going to retire anyway.

Since he spend the entire final year of his contract on PUP he will not be a FA but his contract will go for another year. We have been through this a few times via @Miguel

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye