PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What Happens to the Fan Base??

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP started this thread mocking the FB signing.

Then, when he realizes / is told that another such thread exists ON THE FRONT PAGE, and has 50 posts, he changes the thread title and topic to cast aspersions on the devotedness of the Pats fan base writ large.

As a Pats fan since they drafted Plunkett, I’ll say this... I wouldn’t be too upset if certain kinds of Pats fans faded away. o_O:D

I will always root for the Pats because I have lived here my whole life and I love the Game.

That said, I am now rooting for Tom as well and hope to watch all of his games for the remainder of his career.

When the two meet, its Pats all the way!

Quite frankly, I was getting tired of going to Super Bowls. I have been to 7.

The first few were the best bar none. The latter not so much because it was the same tired bull 5hit. Im still going to road games regardless of who is at QB.

Been to -

Pitt x 3
Cinn x 2
STL
CHI
HOU
KC x 3
SD
Den x 3
NYJ
INDY x 3
Minn
Atl

OP started this thread mocking the FB signing.

Then, when he realizes / is told that another such thread exists ON THE FRONT PAGE, and has 50 posts, he changes the thread title and topic to cast aspersions on the devotedness of the Pats fan base writ large.

As a Pats fan since they drafted Plunkett, I’ll say this... I wouldn’t be too upset if certain kinds of Pats fans faded away. o_O:D

To the bolded. I bought a Stidham jersey the other day. I also plan to watch all Pats games next season. I'm not a fairweather fan. Most on here aren't fairweather fans.

Isn't it fair to ask how the fans will react? They've been conditioned to expect nothing less than a SB. Maybe they will boycott. Maybe they won't. But it's a legit thread. And most have offered great responses. So ..yeah.

Im stuck with this franchise. Brazilians don't do this swapping teams non-sense.

So i might be ****ed, because the Pats have been a great scape from my horrible soccer team

Hopefully bandwagon fans are ahead of my company on the wait list...

I'm still here, will always be, taking my fiance to her first Pats game this year...coronavirus pending or whatever.

I had a couple dudes in my old unit that were Pats fans, while also being Golden State fans, etc. I figure they'll fade away, and we won't have new fans of that nature. But even after the 49ers sucked for years, they rarely left the Top 5 as far as the size of the fanbase goes. I feel like that will be the case for the Pats as well.

I had season tickets when they went 0-16...I won't be a fan of that again.
NE went 0-16? When did that happen?

The simple fact is that ticket demand is going to come down.
Could be...probably not now but in the very next future

But i am not so sure if and in wich conditions there will be next season...:(

Still a fan, keeping my season tickets but its not the same. I remember the emergence of Parcels and Bledsoe and the excitement the climb to relevance was. Then came Belichick. That first season of 5-11 was so frustrating and then came Tom Brady. His greatness and his 2 decades being the MVP on the team is forever imprinted in my brain. Now he's gone. Hes still playing. I'm still a fan and will root for him. Against the Pats? I dont know. I won't be able to answer that until we face him.

Every team in every sport is significantly more popular when they are great so there is no question that TV ratings and ticket demand will drop. More life long Patriots fans will now opt to watch from home vs attending in person. Some will no longer stay up for the Sunday night game and sports talk will lose some zip. I think ticket sales will remain strong for a number of years but will eventually drop if the team struggles for years on end.

The post 80's Celtics and post Championship Red Sox lost some of their luster with the fans. I think it is easier to get excited and root when you are climbing and it is harder to enjoy small successes after you've been at the pinnacle. As a huge UCONN basketball fan, the past 3 or 4 years have been particularly brutal yet they have provided enough distance from the past that I've started getting pumped again for a potential resurgence. I'm a life long Pats fan and will be rooting hard and am excited to see what this new version holds but I do not expect it to be nearly as fun if the Pats are 20th in Power Rankings year after year.

I was on KFFL arguing with Bob Jensen about Parcells v Carroll...doze were da days

This site will lose many of the fanboys whose panties get in a bunch over negative comments in the GDT....we can only hope

Ah, "Tollbooth Bob" Jensen. His favorite DT, the BBWK guy.

Worst Case Scenario: It will regress back to the 94-99 years. Optimistic, but realistic. We will be happy to make the playoffs, and rabid if a playoff win happens...but ultimately will come back to Earth once eliminated. It will take at least 2 seasons to plateau off.

Best Case Scenario: We see 2001 Part 2. Stidham plays the game manager, and comes to life when his number gets called. Remember, Tommy only needed to be better than Drew.

I was on AOL and KFFL

Usenet was the bomb. Bob Jensen's name brings back great memories. Probably the biggest numbnuts ever to inhabit a sports forum and that's no small feat.

Only as a twinkle in the eyes of @Ian.
I started "Ian's Patriots Homepage" back in 1997 because of Bledsoe. It just took a while to figure this whole interwebs thing out. I think I first had a forum at Rivals.com in late 1998 after they noticed me and asked me to cover the Patriots for them after seeing my site. After they shut down right before the end of the 2000 season, I started putting PatsFans.com together. The rest is history. Crazy stuff.

Last edited:
Exactly....lol!

I’m rooting for the Bucs and the Pats!

Strangely, this was me 94-97. I wore my Bledsoe and Sapp jerseys proudly.

Reactions: Ian
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye