PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What changes should they make before the end of the season?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What changes should be made before the season ends?

• Total voters
Promote Nick caley and have Mac and zappe play two halves every game and alternate between the two . Make it an open audition.

You're welcome. I'm not the one who proposed the 0-7 finish to the season. I'm merely speculating if that happens. I doubt the team drops 7 in a row, but if they did, you think Belichick is surviving that?
One game at a time, but I love your support of BB. Refreshing how steadfast you are in that regard. Kudos to you

Need a viable left tackle. Trent Brown might be a serviceable right tackle, but we need a left tackle, and maybe a right tackle. The Offensive Coordinator is a distraction if the tackles are turnstiles.

agree with this 100%. All the blame on Patricia is misplaced. BB made the decision to hire him and to have him as play caller and Judge as QB coach. The lions share of blame should be on Bill. He even said its on him.
I doubt Robert Kraft has the fortitude to fire him. I would not rule out BB retiring this year or next. Not sure passing Shula is truly his motivation.

I just think it’s hubris. His coaching staffs, front office staff, and personnel departments have been raided for over 20 years, and then they had retirements if his longest running coaches. But that’s still no excuse for the coaching this season.This team is better than their record, although still not a serious contender, critical penalties and mistakes have cost them dearly, and the offensive game plans and play calling have sucked beyond belief. Send Patricia back to the Ernie Adam’s role, that’s his best position in the organization. Fire the ST coach, the past two seasons have been the worst ST seasons I have seen under Belichick, But more than anything hire a really good young OC coach, and OL coach.

I don’t think Belichick is retiring. My take has always been is that he wants to build them to serious championship contender before passing it on. He can still do that, but he’s going to have to make some serious coaching moves to get there, this staff isn’t up to it,

The only thing that may satisfy this board is an offseason where Scar, RAC, and CW come strutting in to the facility to reunite with BB Space Cowboys style.

The hype is so big that D Hopkins comes to town after being cut for cap reasons and goes full on home team discount. TB himself shows up on a 1 year deal. Hog Hannah joins the team as a special assistant to Scar, focusing on making the OL meaner than ever.

Ian wins the lottery and upgrades the site's server farm to Quantum level performance. This will be needed so that everyone can exist in a state of banned, unbanned, muted and unmuted simultaneously.

Maybe that will do it.

(and for those who take things too seriously) ... :excited:

No to playing Zappe as that means you are giving up on your 1st round pick in Jones. We don't want the Pats to follow what the Jets are doing.

Bill may start calling the offense.

According to players, there's no such thing as "tanking" as they are playing for their jobs.

Wait until the offseason to hire a new OC, QB and OL coach.
I used to think that losing to get a better draft pick was the way to go, but I no longer believe that.

For one thing, a winning attitude is not something you can turn back on again. Winning is a habit.

Most of us lived through the other reason you don't tank.
If there was ever a reason to tank, it would be early in the season when you have a losing record, and your franchise QB gets knocked out for the season,

and you are stuck with playing a 6th round QB drafted the previous year.
What good can possibly come of that?

;)

While they aren't technically eliminated from the playoffs no changes will be made. But I actually do agree with the poster that said we should hire Reich. He's actually a fantastic OC, he coached an offense that tore apart a Belichick defense in the Super Bowl, and is a fresh perspective imo. We should go grab him as soon as possible, even this season to just lock him in next year.

Keep going, but make it an audit year : who is worth keeping, who isn’t ? I’d say that the offseason needs are numerous, but OL needs to be solidified.

Send Wynn a bus ticket, he’s done with the Patriots and I think with football altogether. If Cannon and Cajuste aren’t available put Onwenu at RT and make do with Hines or the scrubs at RG. Supplement that with more 2 TE sets.

Run the ball as much as possible. If Damian Harris is not available I like the idea someone above mentioned with bringing Gordon in if he is amenable (I suspect he’d prefer to stay with KC) otherwise I’d try to get snaps for Kevin Harris and Strong mixed in. This makes sense with the cold weather coming and also with the issues the OL has in pass protection. The Patriots have lost time of possession too often this year, often by a lot, and this is grinding their defense down.

Focus on reducing penalties and mental mistakes. There‘s a lot they can’t control but that Is something they can control.

Last edited:
If our hypothetical OC of the future is available now, then go get him now. That would actually cut down on the impending issue of Mac presumably having 3 OCs in his first 3 years. He could go into the offseason with some experience with the new and improved OC. Obviously, this has exactly 0% chance of happening.

I didn't watch any postgame last night or this morning. Finally at 9 pm I worked up the courage. The first thing I heard was a clip with Mac saying, "it's hard to play from behind". Well Mac, if you don't like doing that, don't try to complete a handoff to someone out of position. Have some awareness, hold onto the ball. Make some throws showing that accuracy and vision of the field every one seems to think you have. I haven't seen it all year. Step up in the pocket don't retreat. Don't throw to the guy that's double teamed when there is someone running clear in the middle. I've had it and I don't want any changes until I can see Zappe running the same offense.

They desperately need to activate Hoyer from IR and have him help coach the offense. As long as he is on IR, he cannot be at the facilities or on the sidelines. Either that or cut him and hire him as an assistant.

Need a viable left tackle. Trent Brown might be a serviceable right tackle, but we need a left tackle, and maybe a right tackle. The Offensive Coordinator is a distraction if the tackles are turnstiles.

They need to cut Trent Brown and get two new tackles. Brown has given up and become the lazy waste of space that
he has been on other teams. He seems to rather dive at defenders‘ legs than actually blocking and he misses way too much which gives the guy he is blocking a clear path to the QB.

post Brady, yes we're going there again, Belichick has shown very little - through his 23-23 record including 1 playoff game - that he warrants remaining as coach. what players has he drafted that put points on the board? (God help the moron who says, akshually Marcus Jones scored a TD last game) that change games? great, since Brady left he drafted a good safety, a good running back, some serviceable corners, a couple decent linebackers/lineman....but there's not one player that other teams must game plan for.
I always brought up the fact that this guy DRAFTED A FULLBACK IN THE FIRST ROUND...what more do you need to know about his asinine approach to the draft? His teams have a dreadful record vs good/winning teams without Brady - remember, we can't count wins vs the Jets because everyone says the "Jete" suck...
I'm past blaming Jones, blaming Patricia, etc. This disaster of 2022 is on the head coach and gm and I really hope Kraft takes a hard look because if Belichick and his clown car of coaches and kids stays around the Pats are going back the half empty home games come December/January

post Brady, yes we're going there again, Belichick has shown very little - through his 23-23 record including 1 playoff game - that he warrants remaining as coach. what players has he drafted that put points on the board? (God help the moron who says, akshually Marcus Jones scored a TD last game) that change games? great, since Brady left he drafted a good safety, a good running back, some serviceable corners, a couple decent linebackers/lineman....but there's not one player that other teams must game plan for.
I always brought up the fact that this guy DRAFTED A FULLBACK IN THE FIRST ROUND...what more do you need to know about his asinine approach to the draft? His teams have a dreadful record vs good/winning teams without Brady - remember, we can't count wins vs the Jets because everyone says the "Jete" suck...
I'm past blaming Jones, blaming Patricia, etc. This disaster of 2022 is on the head coach and gm and I really hope Kraft takes a hard look because if Belichick and his clown car of coaches and kids stays around the Pats are going back the half empty home games come December/January
Many posters are still in denial over this, but they don't have any foundational/cornerstone players on the team right now that have been drafted. They have some nice complementary players, but as you said, there isn't one player on offense or defense that strikes fear in teams.

We should be gunning for a top 5 draft pick. I will get my coat.

The one thing that is completely unacceptable is having Patricia and Judge guiding our first round QB who showed a lot of promise in year 1. This is indefensible. If BB won’t make the right changes to the offence this off-season Kraft needs to blow it up.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back