PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What changes should they make before the end of the season?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What changes should be made before the season ends?

• Total voters
The running game is supposed to be a strength of this team...and it's ranked 23rd. Pats have good running backs especially Rham so that's on the OL.

They have Rham Tough... They also have an unreliable, undependable, Charmin-soft & injury-likely Bad Omen... The rest of them Suck.

Would have been nice if Mason was still here to run block but I guess BB gotta BB.

It's not Mason they're missing... Onwenu's good enough there... It's Thuney.

Also missing is having Nobody currently in the building who's capable of even replacement-level Offensive Tackle play, on either side... When your Week 1 OT depth consists of Brown, Lose/Lose, Cachoo, Herron, Cannon & Stubby, then you know your OT depth actually Sucks; and "adding" McDermott, a pizza maker & a failed college TE during the season Does Not Count... Where it Does count however is in demonstrating just how Lazy this FO becomes as soon as the draft & a couple of days of UDFA signing are over.

Last edited:
They have Rham Tough... They also have an unreliable, undependable, Charmin-soft & injury-likely Bad Omen... The rest of them Suck.

It's not Mason they're missing... Onwenu's good enough there... It's Thuney.

Also missing is having Nobody currently in the building who's capable of even replacement-level Offensive Tackle play, on either side.
Yep Thuney too. Mason is a great run blocker.

So you agree on Strange, that he's going to grow into an upside, and the center and other guard are fine but have been injured. Thus the entirely of our disagreement is around whether they need one OT or two.

well no, reading comp is not a strong suit?

Yep Thuney too. Mason is a great run blocker.

Yes he is, but so is Big Mike... The thing is really, that Mason Never should've been signed to that contract in the first place... That money should've been ear-marked for Thuney, the FAR superior player at a more valuable position on the OL.

So, the coaching experiment to date is not yielding the best results.

If it's me, and when I say "it", I mean the ownership of the Pats...

I tell BB the measurables I need to see to keep the keys in his hands. He's already lost control of some of the drafting. His Cronenberg son is not likely to be qualified for his position, and that's not how succession planning is supposed to go in the post-feudal world.

Here is my crackpot theory on what happened with his coaching calls: After his self-immolating brainfart regarding Flores and the rest of the offseason mayhem, BB has decided loyalty is quality 1. He has his son and two former head coaches of other teams that came from his SB teams working for him. It's guys who needed jobs who he's coached with in the past, and his son, and he can check off all the coaching boxes without any possibility of someone being a surprise problem. Fact is Flores wasn't a problem, BB was the problem. Anyway. that's my guess - this staff reflects a BB tendency, the siege mentality. Shut out the outside world. I wouldn't be surprised if he were on the Spectrum, but that's not my call.

All that said I am a BB fan. But that's it, three years post-Brady and yeah, 6-6 isn't 2-15, but it's time.

No slick psuedo-analysis about "weapons" vs. "o-line" vs. "coaching" vs. whatever, no "which coach is the problem," no blow it all up. Just demand production with a known result if the right moves are not made for performance targets to be met. Okay you're the expert? Here are your five games to prove it.

If I were ownership I would tell BB I do not care who is calling plays or what offensive philosophy this team is adhering to. You need X offensive touchdowns - with a quantity. You need Y% red zone touchdowns - with a percentage. You need at least a winning record, but preferably you need to win out & possibly make the playoffs.

If you do not get these, next season I pick your OC, and no you don't get to call the O. Either that or I pick your successor, it's up to you. The O doesn't have all the pieces you could ever desire, cough cough o-line cough cough... but yes, I think it's legit to expect that it can do better than this.

I'm usually not a fan of this kind of rant and this kind of entitled fan attitude, but now we're quitting at the end of games on top of everything else... at BB's direction. Too comfortable. Fix it.

well no, reading comp is not a strong suit?

Reading comprehension is fine on this end. Friendly conversation about trivial matters isn't yours, apparently.

The thing is really, that Mason Never should've been signed to that contract in the first place... That money should've been ear-marked for Thuney, the FAR superior player at a more valuable position on the OL.
Yes and yes.

And after the contract Mason’s play wasn’t as good.

I’m convinced Matt Patricia is the devil and Joe Judge is the devil’s dummy. :cool:
Piling on out of boredom, isn't the devil meant to be good at what he does?

Maybe so, but he does BAD things!

Considering that almost every single phase of the offense is worse this year than last year, and that two franchise's locker rooms have been negatively impacted by his presence, I say that PM is doing bad things very, very well.

Trent brown to RT
He has been bad at LT and this is not sickness related he just not in good shape

Here is my list for preparing for next year, assuming no outsiders

1. Start to groom Nick Caley as OC now to assess his readiness
2. Reassign MP to the Ernie Adams analyst role, bring in BOB or promote Caley depending on how things go
3. Make Joe Judge the ST coach
4. Take a hard look at OL and WR depth before the draft and free agency
5. Name Mayo the DC and give him the authority that goes with the job
6. Make Axel QB coach
7. Make OL the number 1 priority in the offseason

I think Caley is going to bolt after the season. His contract is up and he must be pissed that Belichick chose to give the OC job to Patricia with no offensive experience rather than him. And the rumors before the season were that Patricia was a short term solution and the plan was to groom Judge to be the OC next year.

Call passing plays that look for receivers 7+ yards down the field. I’m tired of watching this dink and dunk crap....sure, I understand it might give them the best chance to win....but let’s face it, it’s not about winning at this point. We are not a super bowl threat.

I say let’s let Mac look down the field and see what kind of qb he really is (for better or worse)

Trent brown to RT
He has been bad at LT and this is not sickness related he just not in good shape

Yep, he & McDermott are STILL one of the Very Worst LT/RT pairs in the entire league; and last nights "victory" changes absolutely nothing about that.

Last edited:
I think Caley is going to bolt after the season. His contract is up and he must be pissed that Belichick chose to give the OC job to Patricia with no offensive experience rather than him. And the rumors before the season were that Patricia was a short term solution and the plan was to groom Judge to be the OC next year.
Technically he hasn't named Patricia as OC, not sure what's going on the sidelines during a game but maybe they're grooming Caley to be the next play caller. Any idea what Caley's duties are this year?

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back