PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What are your Super Bowl viewing plans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching at home with my 3 girls this year. The older 2 started learning the game this year and can follow the strategy. They ask questions about plays, players, etc. It's fun to teach them while the game is going on.

Went to parties for the '15 and '16 season enders at a house of Raiders fans/Pats haters. Despite their glee at the loss to Denver, they were respectful that I was down so taunting was more in jest than anything. During the game, they were really into every play so it was a good atmosphere. Last year they were genuinely stunned at what the Pats did, particularly Brady, and conceded he's the GOAT.

Regards,
Chris

Last year's party was mostly comprised of my wife's co-workers, all who aren't into sports at all, you know the crowd that watches the SB for the ads. One had said "Is Tom Brady playing in this game?" When Alford picked off Brady another one of her co-workers said "what is he doing, is he celebrating, why is he dancing" As the comeback started they all started to get into the game which was pretty cool. I need to ask my wife is any are coming this sunday.

I would lose my mind. I have to be around "football" people. Even for the games that don't have the Pats in them (I know this is a thing... I have read about it), I want people to talk about the game. I'm ok with the ads when the Pats aren't in it, but when they are, I could care less.

No island (that would be awesome), I live in the Atlantic time zone. I love the time zone when the Patriots play the late afternoon game on sundays.

Oh gotcha man. I didn’t even realize there was an Atlantic Time Zone.

I’m a guy, and I watch most Pats games with a bunch of girls who are also Pats fans. Most of the conversations are about babies, weddings and the latest netflix shows while I sit there trying to watch the game. :rolleyes:

Anyway we are having Bonchon chicken, which is a great alternative to the standard Pizza and buffalo wings.

Not allowed to have Superbowl parties anymore since 07. Had a meltdown when one of my wife's friends decided she was going to route for the Giants that day and decided to really get under my skin by cheering every Giants play and jeer every Patriots play on purpose.

Short story short, after the fluke helmet catch I'd had enough and told her to get the f out of my house with a few other choice words. I saw red and I think her husband saw it too and they left. Years later I reconciled with them but I don't think to this day that I was wrong.

Are they still together? Just curious. I'm imagining the antagonistic behavior he sees behind closed doors.

Regards,
Chris

Of course there is an Atlantic time zone man....Maritimes have a lot of Patriots fans!

As far as plans, I typically get asked by a bunch of friends to watch the SB at their house and although most of the gang are NHL fans, they put on SB parties cause (1) get-togethers is how we roll (2) they want to see sideshow me (i) pull my hair out (ii) grab my chest (iii) break remotes (iv) yell and scream at the TV (v) and lay on the couch unresponsive after the game is over staring blankly at the ceiling for minutes on end in a daze trying to figure out what the hell just happened...

...as this all typically happens at home I feel they want to experience this sideshow in real life...I am superstitious however and as I have locked myself up in the basement previous years I feel the need to do it again this year...o_O...

I watched XLIX in the middle of the night in the UK with my beloved daughter and we screamed the house down at 4 a.m. when the Butler did it.

Then last year I was in the US and we had a little Super Bowl party at my apartment: her, her roommate (a good Pats girl) and her roommate's boyfriend (a Packers fan, but Jess has him well under control ...) I made snacks and dips and a seafood risotto (and drank beer after beer after beer when it was clear that the game was out of reach ...)

So this year I'm in the UK again -- but this time it's just me and my Bruschi jersey, while beloved daughter has just let me know that she's planning to use my apartment for a get-together of her own.

6 guys in my man cave.........keg of pilsner urquell in the kegerator

smokin' some briskets saturday overnight.....the topping for tater tot poutine
tuscan wings from bertuccis
bar pies from Big D's

will be pretty drunk by gametime as usual

I prefer to watch these games alone. I turn into a complete psycho. After the last couple I am seriously considering staying up all night, going to bed at like 5pm on Sunday and watching the game only if they win. If that makes me a ****y, then so be it. Having my stomach in knots for four hours is something I do not find enjoyable at all. I'm getting anxiety just thinking about it. I had a dream the other night that we were losing the SuperBowl. To the Dolphins. I wish the damn game would just get here so we can get it over with.

I’m from NYC. My cousin & I are driving to Boston on Saturday to enjoy a bit of the city. Then Sunday, it’s a party time. Then hopefully, the after party IF we blitz for 6 :D

I usually cannot watch Pats’ playoff games with human beings in the vicinity, but hey; we’ve already got 5 rings. Everything else is just an embarrassment of riches. I should be fine.

Last edited:
I’m from NYC. My cousin & I are driving to Boston on Saturday to enjoy a bit of the city. Then Sunday, it’s a party time. Then hopefully, the after party IF we blitz for 6.

I am in nyc as well but i will staying at home watching it with my gf and daughter. I can't go to bar with my pats jersey on with all these giants fans or jets fans probably rooting against my pats.

Well we have all the kids over, ladies are in the family room, Im by myself in the man cave...my son trolls between the two....NO parties, no friends...did that before and hated it.

I'll go over my sisters where my dad lives. We all have pretty much watched every super bowl since 2002 when my mom died as a family. My 2 brothers and 3 sisters and my dad will be there. He will be 87 in April and has parkinsons. We will all be shocked if this isn't his last super bowl. There will probably be 15 to 20 people there.

I'll go over my sisters where my dad lives. We all have pretty much watched every super bowl since 2002 when my mom died as a family. My 2 brothers and 3 sisters and my dad will be there. He will be 87 in April and has parkinsons. We will all be shocked if this isn't his last super bowl. There will probably be 15 to 20 people there.
Also 6 months after my mom died my oldest brother who was 49 died. He was a huge Pats fan. He got to see one super bowl win. I remember him telling us he got the tape of the super bowl win and actually cried watching it he was so happy. Imagine what he would be like now.

Watched 2011 and the last 2 Ws in my Florider wintah viller. This time I am breaking my rule about only watching at home with no distractions or morons and instead we're going over to watch down the street with a couple other guys & wives. Host assures me that it's SERIOUS Pats fans only. One of the other guys is a Ken-like ex football coach whom I respect. I'm doing this because watching alone (just the 2 of us) has gotten too tense for this coronary patient. I need a brief temporary distraction while Pats coaches figure out the schemes and drop behind.
I'm praying that Brady doesn't throw any picks because my wife can't control her F Bomb when that happens or a Pats player fumbles. This group of Q-Tips doesn't talk like that.

We are returning from Maui on Sunday, arriving at Logan at 4:20 pm. Should make it back home in Western Mass just in time for kickoff. Our daughter is home so we should have a bunch of family and friends already at the house. No idea what we will do for food yet. All I know is that I have six Treehouse Haze waiting for me and the Pats are in the Super Bowl again.

Over my parents house with one pats fan buddy and my girlfriend. Also the lazy cat who is patriots good luck charm. No parties, can't do it unless it was everybody rooting for the pats. Plus with a bunch of people it can be distracting and get a little annoying. As usual pre game with some weed and let the game unfold.

Watching with the Wife in our Outdoor living area with a fire roaring. Probably smoke some ribs during the day to keep myself busy, got a case of Bell Hop Slam in the refrig and a box of 5 Vegas cigars in the humidor. Last Super Bowl party I was at was Panthers/ Pats, what a nightmare. Supposed friends giving my 3 year old and 7 year old **** for wearing Pats shirts. Never again. Did have a couple people over for the Seahags/Pats super bowl they were fine but I told them if the effed up my viewing experience I would give them the old heave ho. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe