PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What are your guys' thoughts on KC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WHPats

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Ok so we don't know yet what seed we'll get, but it'll either be #1 or #2...we know that much and we know we'll get a 1st round bye, which is big.

So likely we'll play one of Kansas City, Baltimore or Tennessee I would think (Buffalo still has a shot).

I want to know what the thought is on KC, especially since they beat us this year in Week 1. Granted, I think both teams are very very different from then...but how would you guys feel playing them in the Divisional round? Personally I don't think it's a cakewalk, we'll have to earn it, but it's the playoffs, nothing is given or guaranteed! I like our chances against them, the Chiefs might get some yards because they've got some fast, skill guys on offense...but I think our D will stop them enough times.

They had that blazing hot start to the year, then really cooled off, and now they're playing decent football again it seems. I haven't watched them that much, just bits and pieces...anyone watch them lately and can give us the low-down?

Also, there were some silly, silly things we did in the last game against them that likely won't happen again, the two 4th down stops, the horrible busted coverages, the defense not knowing what it's doing yet etc. We'll get some guys back from injury and Eric Berry, the guy who actually did a pretty good job on Gronk in week 1, won't be there this time.

Your guys' thoughts on a potential playoff matchup with them?

Also, this is only the second or third thread I've created, hopefully it's not too awful! lol

Ok so we don't know yet what seed we'll get, but it'll either be #1 or #2...we know that much and we know we'll get a 1st round bye, which is big.

So likely we'll play one of Kansas City, Baltimore or Tennessee I would think (Buffalo still has a shot).

I want to know what the thought is on KC, especially since they beat us this year in Week 1. Granted, I think both teams are very very different from then...but how would you guys feel playing them in the Divisional round? Personally I don't think it's a cakewalk, we'll have to earn it, but it's the playoffs, nothing is given or guaranteed! I like our chances against them, the Chiefs might get some yards because they've got some fast, skill guys on offense...but I think our D will stop them enough times.

They had that blazing hot start to the year, then really cooled off, and now they're playing decent football again it seems. I haven't watched them that much, just bits and pieces...anyone watch them lately and can give us the low-down?

Also, there were some silly, silly things we did in the last game against them that likely won't happen again, the two 4th down stops, the horrible busted coverages, the defense not knowing what it's doing yet etc. We'll get some guys back from injury and Eric Berry, the guy who actually did a pretty good job on Gronk in week 1, won't be there this time.

Your guys' thoughts on a potential playoff matchup with them?

Also, this is only the second or third thread I've created, hopefully it's not too awful! lol
KC is pretty bad on defense and wildly inconsistent on offense.
They gave also lost 4 in a row on the road and haven’t beaten a playoff team since week 2. In fact they have played 9 consecutive non playoff teams and gone 4-5.
But as the 1 seed for us to play KC both the 3 and 4 would have to win in the wildcard round and I think history says that’s not real likely.

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s a cake walk no matter who it is.

The only question is calls. Any team on earth: they didn’t get both feet down so it’s incomplete.

Pats:? They didn’t get both feet down , a controversial call

I got a feeling we will see them unless the jags flame out in the first round. Could be possible but you never know.

I'd rather see Bal. but think it's gonna be KC. Hopefully SD or Ten beats Jax. And Pitt. Gets Baltimore or Kansas city

I think KC will be more of a challenge than some. Even the playoff game was not a walk 2 years ago. They have playmakers and a talent in the secondary. Smith simply cannot play as well again though.

We're a better team than we were to start the season and they're a worse team. But I still expect it to be a challenge. I'd love to not have to play KC or the Steelers in the post season, tbh.

After the Steelers' win today, I'm mainly thinking about the Jetes. Beat them and any January games are in Foxboro.

As for the matchups, I think any one of the teams that are certainly or probably going to be in the Playoffs could beat any one of the other teams on the right day, with the right combination of skills, calls and lucky breaks. In fact, I'm a bit superstitious and wish the Buffalo call had gone against us...because I worry that we've used up our quota of scoring replays that go the Pats way.

I was worried about JAX until I saw how easily Jimmy and Shanahan carved them up yesterday. The game was nowhere near as close as the final score. I just don't see the Pats losing to them now. Blake Bortles "is who we thought he is."

KC has had an up and down season, so if they have an "up" game when they play the Pats, they could come out on top. But, Andy Reid has a way of falling apart on the biggest stages and Alex Smith is still playing above his head.

I just don't think that any one of TEN, LAC or BUF are going to come into Foxboro in January and come away with a win. The Pats have owned Philip Rivers and the Bills. Not as much history with the Titans.

The teams I really worry about.

BAL. They scare me as much as any other team in the mix. Flacco can put it all together any week. And, they hate the Pats.

PIT. Always scary whether with two or three B's. Lots of history. Lots of motivation.

We still have people caught up in regular season results? Look at who has beaten us in the playoffs in the past, Jets, Giants, Ravens and none of them were all that great in the regular season. Chiefs have the potential to give us trouble.

Pats defense still has some issues with teams running constant crossing patterns and such .KC is a tough matchup for us esp if hunt gets going. Their speed is not a good matchup for us. We likely wont give up those big plays but stopping hunt is going to be a pain.

Terrified of KCs speed on offense. It's gonna be a barn burner...

Avoid Pit and Baltimore at all costs. Those are cardiac games. KC is handoff, handoff, throw, punt. I'll take that any day.

Major key is they wont have berry who erased gronk.

We Put up 27 without much from gronk and poor red zone production. I think we’ll be fine vs kc. Baltimore is the iffy matchup you just never know with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3