PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What are you expecting from Mac Jones this season?

Are you saying that Andrews is a genius because he worked with Tom Brady? If he hadn't work with Tom Brady his opinion isn't valid?

...I think he's just noting that Andrews is giving high praise, and also that he worked with Brady so there is a high bar in Andrews' mind, so for him to remark as highly as he did about Mac, is a good sign.

lmao I do love the threads that were ran with there though.

...I think he's just noting that Andrews is giving high praise, and also that he worked with Brady so there is a high bar in Andrews' mind, so for him to remark as highly as he did about Mac, is a good sign.

lmao I do love the threads that were ran with there though.
Don't get me wrong, I like Andrews comment. I just don't want to tie it to Brady. We don't know what is in Andrews' mind so we shouldn't set the base because of our opinion of what Andrews is thinking. Just accept that Andrews thinks Mac Jones has put in a lot of good work in the offseason.

Sorry the Brady cult doesn’t like the fact that I don’t find a silly QB competition during Pro Bowl weekend proof of anything.

But can we get back to discussing whether Mac Jones will break the QB rushing TD record this season after showing off his blazing foot speed in the Pro Bowl?
My reply was about the strange idea that arm strength has nothing to do with the ability to throw a football for distance. It definitely does.

He was up until some point where I think he took a shot, and then he stopped being as gutsy stepping into it. I think he was banged up in the second half, which if that was indeed the case, probably played a factor in that.
I was surprised he lasted for the season with the way it started. The fact that he did last speaks well for his toughness.

Reactions: Ian
My reply was about the strange idea that arm strength has nothing to do with the ability to throw a football for distance. It definitely does.
Arm strength has more to do with accuracy and the velocity of the ball in distance. Most, if not all, of NFL have the arm strength to throw distance. Jones showed in the playoffs last year he had no problem throwing a ball about 45-50 yards down the field in the frigid cold. With a little more strength behind that deep pass to Agholor, it might have been placed a little better and gotten down the field faster to not allow the defender to make a play on it. That is the difference with arm strength.

Hell, Peyton Manning when he had no arm left his last year and he was still throwing 40 and 50 yard passes because he had good enough receivers to get under his absolute floaters.

The thing about the deep ball passing part of the QB competition was that accuracy and velocity was irrelevant. All you had to do is hit the ten yard wide carpet for it count. That's my point. The difference between a strong armed NFL QB and a weak armed NFL QB when it comes to the deep ball is mostly accuracy and velocity. That challenge measured neither.

Glad to see Mac pumped and jacked for the season!

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back