PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What a weird performance from Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be interesting to see the distance of each throw and compare that to his 2016 average for each distance.

Yep. I bet he hit the average for 25+ yard throws but was clearly lower on the intermediate ones.
Its out there. ESPN I think has stats by behind the line, 1-10, 11-20, 21-30 and 30+.
Typically in the 11-20 50% ranks pretty well vs other QBs.

It just shows that Brady can do anything. Take away the short stuff and he reinvents the offense going deep and the end result is pretty much the same.
First int was in Floyd. Second was just not seeing a guy. Happens once every dozen games or so with Brady.

Agree 100%. It is games like this that make me appreciate Brady even more. He took a beating and kept coming back. I said it the game thread and I will say it here, Brady is one tough SOB.

And I give credit to both Brady and the coaches who called up those lob passes. As goofy as they looked, they worked and the coaches must have seen something to think they would.

That one lob to Jules that ended up being an incomplete was just beautiful and exactly where it had to be. Just perfect. The DB basically took Jules's head off which caused him to lose the ball. Honestly, if you can completely smack a receivers head when he is in the act of catching a ball, what is the point of trying to prevent head-hunting.

Its out there. ESPN I think has stats by behind the line, 1-10, 11-20, 21-30 and 30+.
Typically in the 11-20 50% ranks pretty well vs other QBs.

Yea i know its out there but I want someone to spoon feed it for me. :p

As per WEEI just now Brady has 30 interceptions in 32 playoff games and 9 in the last 6 games or some stat like that with them underling that brady has had average playoff games in recent times.

Is it really a shock that any QB, including Brady, would have a higher interception ratio in the postseason against playoff competition vs. the mix of good and bad teams he faces during the regular season? Is it a shock that Brady has thrown some picks against defenses like Seattle in the Super Bowl and Denver in a pair of road AFCCGs?

I don't think it's purely coincidence that Brady's two regular season picks came against two of the better defenses he faced all year in Seattle and Baltimore. And he still torched the Ravens for 30 and just missed that mark at the end of the Seattle game.

Regards,
Chris

I'd be interesting to see the distance of each throw and compare that to his 2016 average for each distance.

Yep. I bet he hit the average for 25+ yard throws but was clearly lower on the intermediate ones.

From what I know, this was actually Brady's best deep passing game of the 2016 season. He had seven passes of 20-plus yards, tying his season-high (Bengals, Week 7) and two passes of 40 yards, also tying his season high (Ravens in Week 14, Browns in Week 5).

It was Brady's poorest performance only in the sense of not meeting his MVP-caliber standards he's consistently shown this season. I liken it to the Broncos game from December, where Brady came through when he needed to -- despite his pedestrian, or underwhelming stat line.

At the end of the day, truly great QBs find ways to win....even when they're not playing their absolute best.

Last edited:

Lol. Thank goodness for quality offensive depth

From what I know, this was actually Brady's best deep passing game of the 2016 season. He had seven passes of 20-plus yards, tying his season-high (Bengals, Week 7) and two passes of 40 yards, also tying his season high (Ravens in Week 14, Browns in Week 5).

It was Brady's poorest performance only in the sense of not meeting his MVP-caliber standards he's consistently shown this season. I liken it to the Broncos game from December, where Brady came through when he needed to -- despite his pedestrian, or underwhelming stat line.

At the end of the day, truly great QBs find ways to win....even when they're not playing their absolute best.
Absolutely. HOU completely shut down the short passing game with the LBs and solid cover guys. The good news is I don't think Pitt, ATL and GB have the personnel to pull that type of game plan off. He had to throw deep and he pulled it off.

The 2006 game vs the Chargers in the AFC Div used to be on YouTube. It was one of TB12s finest hours....and crappiest games.

The ints made it a down game for him but otherwise he played very well. I'm not getting this idea that when a defense sold out to take away what he likes to do and he burns them doing something different that is bad. He had 274 passing yards at 556 of the 3rd quarter.
If you complete a lot of short high percentage passes or fewer deep low percentage passes it is not worse it is different.

@robertweathers Oh, by the way....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back