PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What a weird performance from Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.

upstater1

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
He threw into coverage on the second INT, he missed a short one to Edelman during white knuckle time, he was jittery from getting pummeled, I blame Floyd for INT one because he stopped running, but...

Brady was money downfield. Even on the passes that were dropped by Bennett and I forget who. I mean, he was throwing some great passes 20 yards downfield.

But short passes? He had a pretty bad game.

I want Mitchell back. ASAP.

He threw into coverage on the second INT, he missed a short one to Edelman during white knuckle time, he was jittery from getting pummeled, I blame Floyd for INT one because he stopped running, but...

Brady was money downfield. Even on the passes that were dropped by Bennett and I forget who. I mean, he was throwing some great passes 20 yards downfield.

But short passes? He had a pretty bad game.

I want Mitchell back. ASAP.
Seemed like the Texans had great coverage a lot of the time and took away our bread and butter with the short and intermediate passes for the most part. We needed to take shots deep and it worked.

Brady's second INT was really bad. He struggled but also made a number of great passes.

My two cents: clearly he wanted to trust Floyd but just couldn't tonight. Threw him off his rhythm and that led to the second pick, when he tried to fit through 3 guys to force to Jules, which bit him in the *ss.

With Mitchell back next week, Hogan and Bennett hopefully recovered and good to go, along with Jules, Dola, White, Lewis, I think we see a much better effort. That O-Line had their biggest fits of the season (hello PTSD 16' AFC ship at Denver) but held it together second half. Need to get Marty going in the open field.

It just shows that Brady can do anything. Take away the short stuff and he reinvents the offense going deep and the end result is pretty much the same.
First int was in Floyd. Second was just not seeing a guy. Happens once every dozen games or so with Brady.

Brady in my opinion played great. No effort to establish the run. Houston got a pass rush. Early on when he got protection, players weren't getting open. Houston is one of the best defenses. Only 1 pick was on Brady. He made some great throws under duress. I don't think Brady was put in position to succeed today, personally

Atleast he added another record to his resume tonigh;)

32 postseason appearances, thats a lot of games. 2 full regular season's worth actually.
Also tied Favre for most postseason interceptions of all time, though that record isn't shocking. 32 starts...

I thought he seemed extremely odd on the sidelines as well. In the first half after a drive he was just sitting by himself instead of going over plays and diagrams with Josh which is typically the norm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back