PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We've Traded For TE James O'Shaughnessy From KC

Status
Not open for further replies.
6.76s 3-cone @245lbs

Scratch that ... looks like 7.20s

Last edited:
I'm praying that's corrrct because this is very strange. Like, I figured this was a draft to get a Gronk replacement. Who knows though, maybe this is BB ahead of the TE curve.

There is more going on with this I think.

There was only one TE in the draft who was even in the universe of Gronkowski's talent potential, and he went #19 overall.

Not sure what your expectations were.

Complete waste. Another "special teams" player? How many do they need? Had negative receiving yards last year, wtf.

There was only one TE in the draft who was even in the universe of Gronkowski's talent potential, and he went #19 overall.

Not sure what your expectations were.

No one is in Gronks universe, even Howard. Butt however, can be a solid TE on this team. Unless his knee is trash..,

Gronk and Allen are both signed for 3 years. Depth & role are what we need in our 3rd TE.

Special teams gives this guy a chance against Lengel and Williams for the 3rd TE spot (if we even carry one). After all, Fleming can be the 3rd TE in the jumbo set.

This seems reasonable for a 5th round pick.

No one is in Gronks universe, even Howard. Butt however, can be a solid TE on this team. Unless his knee is trash..,

That guy would be 50/50 to make the team. And he's certainly not 'Gronk's replacement'. He's not even Allen's replacement. He might not even be Matt Lengel's replacement.

Gronk and Allen are both signed for 3 years. Depth & role are what we need in our 3rd TE.

No. You need the best you can get in all players. Maybe this guy can catch after all. 3 TEs who are above average/elite players who can catch+ block is devestating for opposing degenses. Having that 3rd TE not able to do one if the 2 at an above average level is hindrance to the roster. This is NE, not Cleveland.

2 catches for -1 yds on 111 offensive plays.

Is he invisible?o_O

Dunno about this. Butt is still out there and can be had under contract for 4 years. Younger and better but what the hell do I know.

What I do know is most TE who have been in the league this long (2015) and have been on a good team and have never been heard of? Yeah, not a good sign.

Buried on a 4-deep depth chart.

Anyway, Barnidge languished in Carolina at the bottom of the TE depth chart for four years. Had only 37 tgts in that time and played a lot of ST.

He got to the Browns and, in spite of their less-than-stellar QBs, exploded for 160 catches on 250 tgts for nearly 2000 yards and 13 TDs.

The Pats needed competition for the #3 TE spot and used their #183 to get a guy with 2 seasons of NFL experience under his belt instead of a late-round rookie with zero NFL experience.

I don't have a problem with this at all.

Last edited:
Complete waste. Another "special teams" player? How many do they need? Had negative receiving yards last year, wtf.

You really have no concept of team building. 3rd string players who can excel on special teams and have a high ceiling athletically are exactly what you are looking for when filling out a roster. What you deem a waste is exactly what Belichick sees as essential to creating depth to fill out your team. Beyond that your knee jerk negativity is really tiresome.

I'm praying that's corrrct because this is very strange. Like, I figured this was a draft to get a Gronk replacement. Who knows though, maybe this is BB ahead of the TE curve.

There is more going on with this I think.

BB thought we got a little too excited last night in the threads and wanted to tamper things down a bit.

So we get another TE while picking up another draft pick.

I guess BB didn't really like the developmental TE's as much as we'd hoped.

Could still take Butt and IR him I suppose.

Jake has some nifty injury insurance ...
For every pick he's not drafted after the mid-3rd round, he apparently gets paid $10k just to sit on his .... policy.

Low risk for the Pats.
Higher risk for O'Shaughnessy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back