40-yard dash: 4.68 seconds
Vertical jump: 35 inches
Broad jump: 9 feet, 5 inches
Short shuttle: 4.48 seconds
3-cone drill: 7.26 seconds
Bench: 16 reps of 225 pounds

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS
Athletic with ability to stress the seam and challenge vertically. Uses acceleration out of cuts and clever hand usage to create quick throwing windows. Hands-catcher who plucks it away from his body. Outstanding focus with ability to finish contested catches. Foot quickness to get into routes in a hurry and shake defenders after the catch. Will work himself open if covered. Gets feet into proper position as a blocker and gives honest effort.

WEAKNESSES
Shows some hip tightness when opening up and running downfield. Upright into his routes. Doesn't always find the best spots in the zone. Will allow zone windows to close on quarterback rather than working his way to safer positioning. Thin lower body. Will need to hit weights if he wants to be able to play inline on a consistent basis.

DRAFT PROJECTION
Round 4 or 5

SOURCES TELL US
"Good player. I love his play speed and the way he competes hard on every throw his way." -- Former NFL TE and current coach
BOTTOM LINE

"Basketball" tight end with plus foot quickness, concentration, hands and vertical ability. He can elevate and compete for jump balls while creating space for himself with his quickness. His blocking is a work in progress, but he could end up being a highly productive Day 3 draft pick if a team utilizes his talent properly.

2015 NFL Draft Profile: James O'Shaughnessy

He looked great on offense in the Denver game a couple of years ago to the point that I kept mistaking him for Kelce. Looks like mostly a ST pick-up but the potential as a move TE is a plus.

Dunno about this. Butt is still out there and can be had under contract for 4 years. Younger and better but what the hell do I know.

What I do know is most TE who have been in the league this long (2015) and have been on a good team and have never been heard of? Yeah, not a good sign.

Broncos%2BChiefs%2BFootball

If he makes the team, he might want to think about having those tattoos removed. o_O

Gronk's new drinking buddy!

Dunno about this. Butt is still out there and can be had under contract for 4 years. Younger and better but what the hell do I know.

What I do know is most TE who have been in the league this long (2015) and have been on a good team and have never been heard of? Yeah, not a good sign.
I'm hoping he was misused. And KC isn't exactly a pass heavy offense.

PRO DAY RESULTS

40-yard dash: 4.68 seconds
Vertical jump: 35 inches
Broad jump: 9 feet, 5 inches
Short shuttle: 4.48 seconds
3-cone drill: 7.26 seconds
Bench: 16 reps of 225 pounds

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS
Athletic with ability to stress the seam and challenge vertically. Uses acceleration out of cuts and clever hand usage to create quick throwing windows. Hands-catcher who plucks it away from his body. Outstanding focus with ability to finish contested catches. Foot quickness to get into routes in a hurry and shake defenders after the catch. Will work himself open if covered. Gets feet into proper position as a blocker and gives honest effort.

WEAKNESSES
Shows some hip tightness when opening up and running downfield. Upright into his routes. Doesn't always find the best spots in the zone. Will allow zone windows to close on quarterback rather than working his way to safer positioning. Thin lower body. Will need to hit weights if he wants to be able to play inline on a consistent basis.

DRAFT PROJECTION
Round 4 or 5

SOURCES TELL US
"Good player. I love his play speed and the way he competes hard on every throw his way." -- Former NFL TE and current coach
BOTTOM LINE

"Basketball" tight end with plus foot quickness, concentration, hands and vertical ability. He can elevate and compete for jump balls while creating space for himself with his quickness. His blocking is a work in progress, but he could end up being a highly productive Day 3 draft pick if a team utilizes his talent properly.

2015 NFL Draft Profile: James O'Shaughnessy

Just wanted to add that he was 4th on the Chiefs' depth chart and is 6'4" and 245 according to their website (and your draft profile link).

So we get another TE while picking up another draft pick.

I guess BB didn't really like the developmental TE's as much as we'd hoped.

Could still take Butt and IR him I suppose.

I'm hoping he was misused. And KC isn't exactly a pass heavy offense.

I'm praying that's corrrct because this is very strange. Like, I figured this was a draft to get a Gronk replacement. Who knows though, maybe this is BB ahead of the TE curve.

There is more going on with this I think.

He must be over the moon after having AS throw to him and now he will be a Brady target!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes