PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're onto Buffalo....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would imagine that mainly on the road though...and we’ve pretty much owned Pitt too but it doesn’t always work out ;)

Edit: didn’t see the “home” part. But KC has never had a quality QB like Mahomes

If this team wants a realistic shot at going to the Super Bowl, the offense needs to start clicking again this week. The defense is what it is. Neither Wilfork nor Washington is going to walk through that door to save the run D. It's going to be up to the offense and the secondary to get them there.

Edit: didn’t see the “home” part. But KC has never had a quality QB like Mahomes
I think Mahomes will be the difference that ends that streak. But will he do it his rookie year? And twice.

I was just about to comment that I'd like to see Dorsett more often. Might as well give it a shot. He looked pretty solid at times early in the year despite wrongfully being the #2 WR on offense. He may be quite effective and provide a spark with a big play or two with his speed as the #4/5 option.

Dorsett was only "the #2 WR" when there were only 3 WRs active for the first 3-4 weeks of the season. Once Gordon got up to speed and Edelman came back from suspension, Hogan, Dorsett and Patterson all got demoted, practically overnight.

Even when the Chiefs lose, they are scoring over 27 points and usually it is a lot more than that...Patriots have two losses where they scored 10 points.

Sure but believe it or not their defense is worse. The Pats can and have beat them.

The problem with the Patriots over the last few weeks is that they have been beating themselves. They could have and should have won both those games. Penalties and whatever that last play crap was in Miami killed them.

Point being is they're good enough to win those games and are definitely in the same league as KC.

Chargers seem like the real threat imo.. They have a good defense and offense. Very balanced team.

If some here claim that the local media are either trolls or homers when it comes to Brady (depending on what side of the debate they fall on) lets listen to what an outside presence is saying about TB12 / the offense:

Last edited:
In the past yeah for sure. But this isn’t the same Patriots team other teams feared playing. This pats team is beatable at home or on the road.

If the Bills can run chewing up the clock and play tough defense they surely have a shot to win.

I think Mahomes will be the difference that ends that streak. But will he do it his rookie year? And twice.

I would not be shocked if KC goes to the Super Bowl.

Mahomes reminds me of Brady in 2001 where the game just looked easy.

2d0ap6t.jpg

If they drop this game the board will melt.

Rats leaving the ship.

I have such awful feelings about this Buffalo game. The Bills are completely unpredictable. They beat the Jets in NJ and lost to them at home. They beat the Vikings on the road and then got shut out at home by the "Best Quarterback Ever To Play The Game" and the Packers. They beat the Jagoffs and the Titans and the friggin' Lions - all teams who beat the Patriots convincingly.

How did we get here?

Well, I'm gonna pick the Pats to win, crack open my home brew which should just about be ready to drink, curl up in a tight little ball under a blanket, and watch the game prepared for the absolute worst.

But I'm not leaving the ship, captain.

Brian Daboll is the Bills OC.

The Buffalo Bills defense is totally Jekyll and Hyde.

They have the #1 passing defense in the NFL in yards allowed and the 10th best rushing defense. That's pretty good. But they are 18th in Points Allowed ( 23.8 ppg for those guessing scores) and -8 in Turnover Difference. The Bills have thrown interceptions for turnovers 20 times in 14 games. New England is 4th in the NFL in picks with 16. Look for 2+ interceptions by the Patriots in this game which they must turn into points.

The Bills are terrible in dictating field position. This is one game where the Patriots need to get the job done in the Red Zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes