PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're On To The Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but only 12-9 in the postseason when facing a regular season opponent again in a rematch. There’s still PIT, NO, and ATL remaining, and they’d all fit the bill.

"Only"

You realize how many teams would kill for a 12-9 playoff record, right?

Henry is a load. We don't see much of the bigger backs these days. At 6'3" 238 He's much bigger and a whole lot faster than LeGarrette Blount. A guy you don't want to get up a head of steam.

Saw him at the airport about a month ago. Very large human being. North/ south runner not ease/ west. We will need some Alan Branch.
They won’t be able to stop our offense and aren’t built to come from behind
No one down here thinks they can beat the Pats and I’m in Nashville.

True, but only 12-9 in the postseason when facing a regular season opponent again in a rematch. There’s still PIT, NO, and ATL remaining, and they’d all fit the bill.

Ok, so that means we want Jax in AFCCG and Minny or Philly in SB.

I am so ready for this game to be on already lol... At long last... we still don’t know yet what we’ve got. Right now it’s all “reasons to believe.”

Sat. Night could still end with “Look out world, the Titans are for real.” Nooooooo...

I'm not so sure. They couldn't handle Kelce one bit, and only got control of the game once he went out. KC was dumb to run half their offense through Kelce.

Kelce is a very good TE, but not on an elite level as Gronk is.

On Mariota, I think we'll go MOFC on him all the time- clog up the middle with a 3-4 because his accuracy nosedives if he throws outside the numbers or past 20 yards. Clogging up the middle also gives us a way to deal with Henry who is a north-south runner, not really a lateral threat.

I still worry about the crack-toss play. The Jets ran that play a good number of times and had success with it, after seeing the Bills do it well. If the Titans are smart, they'll run that play a fair amount of times.

That's what people say but NE had the higher rated defense. It wasn't an example of defenses win championships or NE would have won. It was an example of **** happens.

I used to say that patriots win that game 9 times out of 10 thing. It was a handy thing to say b/c it could not be falsified. The same is true of all “reasons we shoulda won.” (Includes refs, injuries, distractions, etc.) I’m not swearing off this venerable fan habit of course. We need things to yell about b/w games.

What can I say. I like having the extra week to get healthier. I like us playing at home. I like our secondary. I like the Harrison pickup (after 1 game of data.) and oh yeah, I (still) like TFB.

I don’t like the Achilles thing. I don’t like the distraction article. I don’t trust the league* not to pull something out of its ass, though they usually save that for SB week.

I kinda like that “Celebration” singalong thing the Titans do. Look like they’re having fun.

On Saturday, I’d like them to stop having fun,

It is not Saturday yet. Now I’m just getting mad.

This is one of those games where we could see BB take the ball in the first half, if he wins the toss. Trying to get up early, and forcing the Tits to go more with the pass, seems right up his alley.

Ok, so that means we want Jax in AFCCG and Minny or Philly in SB.
I’d be good with those teams, aside from just that one trend. I think we’d match up well with any of them.

"Only"

You realize how many teams would kill for a 12-9 playoff record, right?
Comparing it to the 13-0 trend versus teams that we haven’t faced in the regular season, 12-9 doesn’t seem as hot for rematches.

As the game gets closer I am getting more nervous. I hope the team, and especially TFB and BB have been able to tune out and/or laugh at all the noise, and are ready to come out smoking. It's a shame that they've had to deal with this BS (again) in getting ready for a big game. Nobody else has had to deal with such distractions going into the playoffs.

7 of those losses were to gnats (2), donkeys (3, all in Denver) and ratbirds(2, 1 being arguably the worst B/B era team, '09 which had lost Welker the week before)

The other 2 were dolts '06 which the refs handed the dolts a TD and the team was ravaged by the flu and the jests '10.

Pats since '14 are 3-1 in such games.

Last edited:
Comparing it to the 13-0 trend versus teams that we haven’t faced in the regular season, 12-9 doesn’t seem as hot for rematches.

Not really because none of the teams are the giants, broncos or ravens who are the 3 teams that have given the Pats the most trouble in the B/B era, regular season and post-season.

The 07 Patriots are the best team to ever step foot on the field if GB beats NY that night. It was just a bad matchup. Just like a team like Minnesota would be a bad match up ( D, HFA) this season.

The same has been said in 2014 about the Seahawks.. and yet we dominated the game for about 2.5-3 quarters.

This is one of those games where we could see BB take the ball in the first half, if he wins the toss. Trying to get up early, and forcing the Tits to go more with the pass, seems right up his alley.

I think you might be right. The one thing that hit me watching the KC-Titans game was how bad both defenses were. KC's defense had regressed from the start of the year and just look putrid.

Get ready for the clown show.. I wonder what over is at questions that have nothing to do with football. 5.5?

A titans fan on titansreport board was saying how gotitans is not the board patsfans should be looking at, saying how he wished we would look at titansreport board instead. And yet I see this post...

The key to Saturday

Thanks, Bob. :(

You can't put people saying Brady and Belichick are cheaters on Kraft. As soon as those stories broke people would label them as that even if no punishment came of it.. Look at the Tomlin headset comment, even when it was widely reported nfl controls the headsets. But because Tomlin flapped his gums now it's "Pats cheat by sabotaging headsets"

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back