PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're On To The Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's an interesting tidbit:

In the 21st Century, there have been seven NFL postseason games with point spreads of 12 points or more, and all seven of them were in games involving the Patriots.

Here’s the full list of playoff games with point spreads of 12 points or higher since 2000:

2018: Patriots favored by 13.5 vs. Titans
2017: Patriots favored by 16 vs. Texans (Patriots won 34-16)
2012: Patriots favored by 13.5 vs. Broncos (Patriots won 45-10)
2008: Patriots favored by 12.5 vs. Giants (Giants won 17-14)
2008: Patriots favored by 14 vs. Chargers (Patriots won 21-12)
2008: Patriots favored by 13.5 vs. Jaguars (Patriots won 31-20)
2002: Rams favored by 14 vs. Patriots (Patriots won 20-17)

If it’s a two-touchdown point spread in the postseason, it’s a Patriots game

A titans fan on titansreport board was saying how gotitans is not the board patsfans should be looking at, saying how he wished we would look at titansreport board instead. And yet I see this post...

The key to Saturday

I just tried to sign up and their security check is ridiculous. It asks "which league do the Titans play in?", and "Which city do the Titans play in?" I'm answering both and its saying I'm failing the security check. Do these peckerheads not know their own city or league?

I just tried to sign up and their security check is ridiculous. It asks "which league do the Titans play in?", and "Which city do the Titans play in?" I'm answering both and its saying I'm failing the security check. Do these peckerheads not know their own city or league?

Did you figure out the actual city the stadium is in and try that? Might not be the one that is publicly mentioned.

Houston man! Houston!o_O

I can't wait for the game and at the same time, I'm not feeling that sense of typical excitement for the game. Maybe the bye week messed with my head,

But, here are a few tidbits that might be of interest:
Article (NESN): Reasons Why Titans Have No Chance Against Patriots In AFC Playoff Matchup
3. New England’s first playoff game of the postseason tends to be nothing more than a tune-up for the AFC Championship Game. The Patriots are 6-0 in the divisional round since 2011, scoring an average of 37.5 points per game. They’re also 6-0 in their last six home playoff games overall, winning by an average of 17.8 points — further evidence that winning in Foxboro is tough.
5. Under Bill Belichick, the Patriots have never lost a playoff game to a team they didn’t face in the regular season. They’re a perfect 13-0 in such scenarios. This is notable, especially since the Patriots are 3-6 in the playoffs under Belichick against teams that beat them in the regular season. The Chiefs — the Titans’ opponent last week — would have fallen under that categeory having defeated the Patriots in Week 1.
8. Although New England’s offense still runs through Tom Brady and the passing attack, the Patriots averaged 138.2 rushing yards per game over the final six weeks of the regular season — second-most in the NFL — and will have a full complement of running backs at their disposal against the Titans.
11. The Titans ranked 30th in first-quarter points against per game (5.0), while the Patriots ranked fifth in first-quarter points scored per game (5.8). Tennessee came back last week against Kansas City after falling behind 21-3, but even the biggest Titans optimist shouldn’t expect a similar comeback against the better-coached Patriots if New England starts strong.

I was able to sign up without any trouble. They probably just don't like you. As a person. Sucks.

I was able to sign up without any trouble. They probably just don't like you. As a person. Sucks.
Why not? I’m an honorable man.

We%20Go%20North_zpshtxrpyvq.jpg

WE GO NORTH!

They play in the city of Tennessee. Hope you put that in.

I hope they believe in sleeping on planes.

They were just stuck on the tarmac in Nashville for 3 hours before taking off.
Its a conspiracy.... Planegate.

Tonight we pull some fire alarms, tomorrow night we fire up the snow cannons on the top of the razor and put Zolak in their headphones.

Its a conspiracy.... Planegate.

Tonight we pull some fire alarms, tomorrow night we fire up the snow cannons on the top of the razor and put Zolak in their headphones.

Yeah, you're right, we really should follow up the 5-hour flight from Nashville to Boston with a couple of fire alarm pulls tonight.

Probably saw your location and auto blocked you. I'm so glad it's a Sat night game. I think we'll see a heavy dose of gronk and Lewis this gm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots