PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're on to Pittsburgh

Status
Not open for further replies.
24-17 Pats.

BB will try and takeaway Bell. They will double Brown all game long with Butler and a safety. That should slow them down enough.

Offensively, I am confident we can put 24 on that D. Run on them and then use play-action if they stuff the box. Hogan needs to be healthy, he will get chances for the homerun play against that D. KC had chances, receivers either dropped the ball or Smith couldn't give them a chance to make a play.

We can do this.

Pats put up 40 that game if not for numerous key drops and turnovers.
Agree .But those are part and parcel of the game. Its not like steelers didnt make mistakes and dumb passes.

He had a drop that probably cost them the game and it was a clear hold, i hate that guy he's such a diva.

Too easy to blame the refs when you didn't do your job, the refs had nothing to do with KC losing that call had to be made it was as clear a hold as you'd ever see.

If this was BB we'd kill him for "settling" with a no TD effort. That's the contrast. I am getting more confident.

I dont know about 'we'. You win anyway you can in the divisional round . We won a divisional game vs the titans 17-13 which came down to a long failed pass from mcnair . I will be happy if pats win 2-0.

Two big winning margins on Saturday
Two "last minute" wins on Sunday

Good stuff, and I'm glad the Patriots are facing the Steelers rather than the Chiefs. May BB&Co. have a great week of practice.

Oh, yeah.......

Go Falcons!
Because we're fans and are allowed to look past games, I might rather face Green Bay. I'll take the better QB but worse targets rather than the not-much-worse QB and much better targets. I got a lot of faith in BB game planning to never let Rodgers out of the pocket to throw on the run and get those back breaking sideline completions

To all the sensitive "we are being overconfident" people this isn't me being overconfident it is posting stats

Brady vs the Steelers

@Pitt 12 of 18 (66.7%) 115 Yards (AFCC '01, left due to injury) W

29 of 43 (67.4%) 294 Yards 3 TD (2002) W

@Pitt 25 of 34 (58.1%) 271 Yards 2 TD 2 INT (2004) L

@Pitt 14 of 21 (66.7%) 207 Yards 2 TD (AFCC '04) W

@Pitt 31 of 31 (75.6%) 372 Yards 1 INT (2005) W

32 of 46 (69.5%) 399 Yards 4 TD (2007) W

@Pitt 30 of 43 (69.7%) 350 Yards 3 TD (2010) W

@Pitt 24 of 35 (68.5%) 198 Yards 2 TD (2011) L

23 of 33 (69.7%) 432 Yards 4 TD (2013) W

25 of 32 (78.1%) 288 Yards 4 TD (2015) W

@Pitt 19 of 26 (73.1%) 222 Yards 2 TD (2016) W

And specifically Mike Tomlin:

Tom Brady career vs Mike Tomlin's defenses:

6 games (5-1 record)
71.2 completion %
315 yards/game
19 TD
0 INT
118 rating
33.3 points/game

Well, these are the 2 best teams in the AFC so it should be a good game. May the best team win and, hopefully, no league shenanigans to engineer a Steelers upset.

I really f*cking can't stand their fans though, so it will be a long week.:rolleyes:
Check out Steeler Fury forums and drink every time BethlehemSteel references our forum or cheating. You'll be in an AA meeting by Tuesday

I dont know about 'we'. You win anyway you can in the divisional round . We won a divisional game vs the titans 17-13 which came down to a long failed pass from mcnair . I will be happy if pats win 2-0.

The media and some fans would hate the fact that he was being ho-hum about it.

Because we're fans and are allowed to look past games, I might rather face Green Bay. I'll take the better QB but worse targets rather than the not-much-worse QB and much better targets. I got a lot of faith in BB game planning to never let Rodgers out of the pocket to throw on the run and get those back breaking sideline completions

ATL/NE could be a glorious game to watch, though

Agree .But those are part and parcel of the game. Its not like steelers didnt make mistakes and dumb passes.

Sure, but we can only go based on historical data. Pats tend to play error free football, and after their performance last night, they aren't likely to duplicate it. Meanwhile, Pittsburgh's offense has been horrendous on the road, and Big Ben has been prone to mistakes away from Heinz Field.

Limit Bell and Brown. Do that and you hold them under 24. They will score more than that on this D.
Brown was held to 106 yards receiving last time we played, but no TD's. The last stat is the one that matters most imo.

How do you contain them though? Do you let your front 3 or 4 work the line and try and contain Bell? Let a LB spy Bell and shadow him?

Obviously we give help over the top on Brown. Keep him double covered all game.

I don't think we will stop them. I think we can contain them though or slow them down.

That is an old narrative. They actually played good defense vs us during the regular season. Forced us to run blount and for the middle stretches of the game pats did nothing. It took gronk on the seam route to blow it open.
As Belichick reminds us, nothing else matters besides what happens on Sunday night.

Kelce - he ain't happy...and he shouldnt be, he played like crap....oh and he's getting a letter form the league later this week....LOL

Last edited:
To all the sensitive "we are being overconfident" people this isn't me being overconfident it is posting stats

Brady vs the Steelers

@Pitt 12 of 18 (66.7%) 115 Yards (AFCC '01, left due to injury) W

29 of 43 (67.4%) 294 Yards 3 TD (2002) W

@Pitt 25 of 34 (58.1%) 271 Yards 2 TD 2 INT (2004) L

@Pitt 14 of 21 (66.7%) 207 Yards 2 TD (AFCC '04) W

@Pitt 31 of 31 (75.6%) 372 Yards 1 INT (2005) W

32 of 46 (69.5%) 399 Yards 4 TD (2007) W

@Pitt 30 of 43 (69.7%) 350 Yards 3 TD (2010) W

@Pitt 24 of 35 (68.5%) 198 Yards 2 TD (2011) L

23 of 33 (69.7%) 432 Yards 4 TD (2013) W

25 of 32 (78.1%) 288 Yards 4 TD (2015) W

@Pitt 19 of 26 (73.1%) 222 Yards 2 TD (2016) W

This is impressive stuff... but if you remember last season, we were all bragging how Brady owned Wade Phillips-coached defenses throughout his career, until that all changed in the Denver game in December (and later the AFC championship game)

Undefeated against the Steelers in the playoffs

tim-tebow-patriots.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand