PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're on to Pittsburgh

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Butler on Brown with some help deep
Probably the right move again as we'll want Ryan inside against Eli Rogers. If not for Rogers I would consider Ryan on Brown with a safety in a true double team.

Bottom line..I don't believe Ben can match against the Pats defense what Tom is going to put up against the Steeler defense.

I think Butler on Brown with some help deep, and they try to limit Bell to under 100 yards. Roethlisberger will have to try to beat them going to other receivers. Our defense is good. They just have to play their usual game. People are focusing on Pittsburgh's winning streak, but they don't mention the Pats have won 8 in a row.
Usually pats put ryan on opponents best corner when they want to double him with a safety and Butler 1-1 with anyone else.

Bottom line..I don't believe Ben can match against the Pats defense what Tom is going to put up against the Steeler defense.

I like our offense against the Steelers D, but I also think the defense can limit the steelers to under 20 points.

Unseasonably warm on Sunday night high 30s, Sunny during the day....

Do any of you remember....

It was the eve of the 2004 AFC Championship Game, and someone (I think it was Andy Johnson) posted this epic note to Steeler fans concerning the upcoming game. Unfortunately the Patsfans archive start in Dec 2005. so I couldn't find a copy.

The gist of the sentiment was... you have a great team, fans, owner, but with all do respect, you are in our way, so buckle your seatbelts because winter is coming.

The game in Pittsburgh earlier was a Blount game... I hope they don't try to ride 29 for 25 carries on Sunday...

I believe the Pats D is much better than when they first played and the Steelers O is mich better as well. This should be a very competitive and hard fought game. Clearly the two best teams in the AFC.

I think this will be a one score game, but I just can't see how the Steelers come away with a win, other than the Pats having a repeat turnover-fest like Saturday was. If the Pats play the way we know they can't, this should be a win.

- Butler will be able to slow down Brown, maybe not shut him out, but slow him down.
- Our rushing defense is 3rd in the league. Bell will get his yards, but it won't be a record setting performance like he's been doing.
- Belichick will take Bell away as best he can, have Butler shadow Brown with McCourty over the top and let their other receivers like James, Coates and Hamilton try and beat our defense.
- The Steelers secondary is mediocre to average at best. How will a bunch of rookies and borderline JAGs stop Brady from shredding them? Can't see it.
- Ben is know to sling the ball and throw interceptions. He did it against Kansas City, he did it last time we played him at the start of 2015. Belichick knows exactly how to defend this offense and goad Ben into making unnecessary throws. If he floats one out there on Sunday, it's going to be snatched up.
- They're also coming here to play in Gillette. They've already "spotted us a day and a half" according to Tomlin, and they still need to waste another day traveling here. Guys who need the rest may not be able to get the full amount they could use and it may possibly effect them.

I'm thinking 30-23. Pittsburgh scores late to make the game appear closer than it really was.

Last edited:
To stop bell they need to bring a cb or safety in from behind rather than fight through their mammoth ol.

Steelers have roethlisberger as well as shazier and who knows who else. We're missing gronkowski.

Kc couldnt run and had little time to throw. If pats win this game, they will have earned it.

I hate these type of jinxing posts. Last yr it was all how brady eats up wade phillips.

There's no such thing as "jinxing." No need to be irrational about these kinds of facts.

I wonder if our Defense sells out to stop the run and depends on on corners to stop Brown with little help.

We'll need Butler to have his best game against Brown.

Check out @colecubelic's Tweet:

I believe the Pats D is much better than when they first played and the Steelers O is mich better as well. This should be a very competitive and hard fought game. Clearly the two best teams in the AFC.

I agree with that, Ill add that the Steelers defense is a good bit better right now also. At least the play of Dupree and Shazier. Im hoping the NE offense is better also with Mitchell, Lewis and Floyd...but not having Gronk is a big deal, I like Bennett but he has not shown us much lately.

Disagree, I think that stuff still matters. For guys like Rodney Harrison it's like oxygen.
Sure, with statements that actually mean something, though. Having another team's coach refer to your team as "those assholes" is pretty weak if you're trying to use bulletin board material as a motivational tool. If someone had guaranteed a victory or brought up their scandals or something, it'd have meant a lot more, I think.

As others have pointed out, the real issue should be with Brown for putting it live on social media. Just my opinion, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes