PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're on to Jacksonville

Status
Not open for further replies.
All signs are no Cannon, which sucks.

Agree but I dont get how people are so down on Waddle because he got beat twice on 28 snaps by Watt. Absurd to expect more from your swing tackle.

Between some chipping by TE and additional help in protection I think we will be fine. It just puts a bit more pressure on Brady to make more with fewer people out in patterns.

Last edited:
Can't wait for this one. I'll be at this game. Expect Gronk to be doubled and get a healthy amount of Ramsey during this one. I'm expecting Bouye to cover Hogan and Hogan to not do much of anything in this one. This should be a big game for both Burkhead and White in the passing game.
I hope no one from Jacksonville reads this because I am going to reveal the secret weapon for this game. While the Jags are doubling Gronk and locking down Hogan, White and Dorsett-- CORDERELLE PATTERSON will be split wide 1 on 1 with their worst defender. He will take that quick pass from Brady and run over and around that defender repeatedly. Game over. Do not give this scoop wide dissemination.

All signs are no Cannon, which sucks.

Just re-watching HOU game. Cannon was far from himself, rusty and probably playing through injury. Waddle suffered vs Watt as well but many starting RTs around the league would also. No big difference at the moment between Waddle and Cannon im afraid.

The big picture “problem“ is that Cannon might not be close to his best for a while . and that makes losing Wynn even bigger. The moment they moved Wynn to RT in the late part of preseason was a sign there are probably setbacks with Cannon.

I like having Croston on 53. He does a solid job for Dante in PP. The problem is both Waddle and Croston offer significantly less in run blocking than Cannon at his best. Despite having one of the best run blockers in Mason, most runs went on Brown-Thuney side last week iirc. Not having healthy and in form Cannon hurts above all the running game that could use every help it can..

Mike Reiss

Patriots have downgraded starting right tackle Marcus Cannon (calf) and reserve CB Keion Crossen (hamstring) to out for Sunday’s game. The good news: RBs Rex Burkhead (concussion) and Sony Michel (knee) are both here in Jacksonville with the team, giving them a chance to play.

8:11 PM - Sep 15, 2018

Agree but I dont get how people are so down on Waddle because he got beat twice on 28 snaps by Watt. Absurd to expect more from your swing tackle.

Between some chipping by TE and additional help in protection I think we will be fine. It just puts a bit more pressure on Brady to make more with fewer people out in patterns.

Agreed. And on one of those two plays where Watt beat Waddle I thought Watt was off sides. Waddle is a bit limited but he gets fired up so I think he will be OK.

Bortles had a very smartperformance against Pats last season. I bet he is not smart enough to do it once again.Defense not Bortles is the only legit game changer to me.

Bortles had a decent performance vs Giants during the first half. His second half, imo, was bottom of the league bad even with adequate protection.

I think this Patriot's D is going to pressure him all day and will force him into a couple of costly mistakes which will be enough for TB to take advantage of.

Bortles had a decent performance vs Giants during the first half. His second half, imo, was bottom of the league bad even with adequate protection.

I think this Patriot's D is going to pressure him all day and will force him into a couple of costly mistakes which will be enough for TB to take advantage of.

There's really no reason not to stack the box and bring pressure. None of those WRs matchup very well against the Patriots secondary.

They do need to keep an eye on AS-J however, he did a pretty good job against the Patriots last year, for the Jets (although I don't know how much of that was Jordan Richards-related)

There's really no reason not to stack the box and bring pressure. None of those WRs matchup very well against the Patriots secondary.

They do need to keep an eye on AS-J however, he did a pretty good job against the Patriots last year, for the Jets (although I don't know how much of that was Jordan Richards-related)

In my mind Jordan Richards became an issue because Branch sucked. The nose tackle issues have been addressed so I think we'll see a different story this season.

can somebody tell Volin' that Cannon played poorly (rusty&injured) and only 60% of snaps . while Fournette is #1 chain mover on Jags..

btw - i don't know who reported Fournette was out. This is the situation acc. to Rapp

can somebody tell Volin' that Cannon played poorly (rusty&injured) and only 60% of snaps . while Fournette is #1 chain mover on Jags..

btw - i don't know who reported Fournette was out. This is the situation acc. to Rapp

Ben Volin looked up 'Leonard Fournette Playing Today?" on Google, and this popped up.

Sucks cannon is hurt again but This is why waddle was a great resign. hes not a full time option or very durable himself but can give a solid spot start here and there. Lets just hope cannon doesn’t miss more than 4 or 5 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents