PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're On To Jacksonville

Status
Not open for further replies.
The JAGS defensive reputation arguably is tainted by playing against a lot of abysmal offenses.
Isn't this the same thing they said about the Pats last season, and to some extent, this season as well?

Defense was abused today. That said, they'r more than capable of shutting TB & co down. Bortles isn't as awful as we thought. Patriots got the toughest match up possible. Alas, I still believe.
Is there a method or process for getting an easy match up for a conference title game?

Isn't this the same thing they said about the Pats last season, and to some extent, this season as well?
I don’t know what “they say” but the jags have faced a terrible array of offenses.

You were trying to use yesterday's game as an example of Jacksonville's offensive prowess. You failed, and now you're stomping your feet like a b!tch. Blake Tebow isn't beating NE with his arm.

The Steelers started all but 1 of their starters on defense, against an 0-16 team led by Deshone Kizer, and they got absolutely shredded. Their new off season acquisition, Joe Haden, was especially horrendous. Mike Mitchell is an abomination, and Artie Burns has played poorly as well. This is an awful secondary, and to try to extrapolate much from this game is hilarious on your part (as are literally all of your posts.)

Bell had 4.2 yards per carry, which was higher than his season average. He also had a TD. He ran well against them. He just didn't see as much action in the running as he's usually used to, because the Steelers were busy shredding the Jaguars through the air.

WTF are you yammering on about? I did not try to use yesterday's game "as an example of Jacksonville's offensive prowess". That's you making sh!t up again. I didn't fail and I'm not "stomping my feet".

Clearly you don't know wtf you are talking about when it comes to the Steelers / Browns game.

Hayward didn't dress. Neither did Coty Sensabaugh. Bud Dupree dressed but didn't play.

You're talking about Joe Haden? The same Joe Haden who was coming back from injury?

YOU are the one who is trying to extrapolate the Jags sucking based on the game against Pittsburgh. YOU are the one putting words in the mouths of others claiming they've said things that they haven't.

I'm not surprised you think my posts are "hilarious". Someone who talks out his ass the way you do would say that. Because you can't be bothered to stick to what is said. You insist on making sh!t up because you can't actually contradict fact.

You're nothing but a loud-mouth asshat who is throwing a tantrum because someone like myself is actually being reasonable and thinking that this is going to be a tough game.

Ok here's my unabashed opinion on this Sunday's AFCCG. The Jaguars are very good, their defense is tough, their pass rush is fast and strong and they have a lot of very athletic players that can give TB12 and co. all they can handle. Nobody's questioning that. The Jags offense has playmakers on it, Fournette is a powerful, bruising back with a healthy amount of speed, he has to be respected even if he's not 100%. Bortles is the big question mark, but he can run if he has to and if he doesn't make mistakes this game could be very close. But that's a big IF. They have capable receivers and both lines are physical and strong.

Ok, now that I've sufficiently pointed out their strengths. Here are their weaknesses in my opinion. Their defense, while good, is not at the level of the '85 Bears, '00 Ravens,
'02 Bucs or '15 Broncos. That '15 Broncos team only gave up 16, 18 and 10 points in 3 playoff games...the last against a powerful Carolina team that raced out to a 31-0 lead against Seattle in the Divisional round then completely pounded the Cardinals in the NFCCG. This Jags defense is not that terrific against the run nor are they great against dink and dunk passes either. Pittsburgh was gaining chunks of yardage for stretches of that game and it wasn't just due to deep passes. On defense, if we get a good handle on Fournette and Bortles has to throw, we are in excellent shape to win this game. Turnovers and silly coaching mostly killed Pittsburgh yesterday. I give Jacksonville credit for beating them twice in Pittsburgh this year, but let's not kid ourselves, Pittsburgh did a lot of the damage to themselves.

We have the GOAT, Gronk, a myriad of RBs capable of running and catching effectively, receivers that have a knack for finding holes in coverage and exploiting it and a team that methodically and surgically eliminates its opponents by a thousand cuts? We have one of the greatest coaches in sports history and we're at home. Did I mention we've played in countless big games and have won 2 of the last 3 Super Bowls and came within a couple plays of playing in 3 straight?

Also for anyone talking about that '15 Broncos team being similar to this Jags team, remember in that AFCCG we had literally no one healthy except Brady and Gronk and a virtually decimated offensive line? That's a notoriously hard place to win for the road team and we were a two point conversion away from forcing overtime. Seems like the Patriots are the underdog by the way most people are talking, that's just crazy to me. Is Jacksonville capable of winning? Absolutely they are just like Tennessee was. But with all our weapons, experience and coaching, if we play well, we're virtually unstoppable! Go Pats!

Whenever we play a team like this, why does hardly anyone ever talk about how good we are and how lethal our offense can be and how underrated our defense is?

You're kidding, right? The homers never shut the hell up about that stuff.

You're kidding, right? The homers never shut the hell up about that stuff.

Yeah I probably should have thought about that sentence more before I wrote it down haha

When has BB ever claimed that he looks at games from ten years ago that didn't involve his team to prepare?

Do you think BB is studying the 07 Jags Patriots playoff game this week?

Gotta love how you have to make up irrelevant scenarios that don't actually have anything to do with what was actually said. OH, btw, yes, i guarantee you that BB will have one of the interns review tapes of Marrone's games to see what he does in certain situations to look for tendencies. That was the whole point of the video library they were keeping that got them in trouble with CameraGate.

No. BB isn't going to look at the 2007 /Pats play-off game. Why? Because none of the coaches from that game are in this one.

Would Marrone look at the 2007 and 2011 and see how the Patriots O-line was beat by the Giants D-line? Sure. Why? Because Belichick and Scarnecchia are still the coaches. And, if you'd actually watched any of the games this year, you'd know that Andrews (like Stork and Koppen before him) has issues picking up stunts and twists by the DEs and late blitzes by the ILB.

Is the Jags D-line as good as Umenyiora, Strahan, Robbins and Cofield from 2007 or Tuck, Pierre-Paul, Canty, and Joseph from 2011. One could argue that Dareus and Jackson are as good or better than the dua of Canty/Joseph. The duo of Campbell/Ngakoue aren't as good as Strahan/Umenyiora, but could rival Tuck/JPP. So, having them do stunts and twists the way the Giants did would certainly be something to add to my play-book.

Tell us more about all of these weapons the Jags have in the passing game that the Patriots need to specifically game plan for.

Come talk to me when you stop making sh!t up. Otherwise, stfu.

WTF are you yammering on about? I did not try to use yesterday's game "as an example of Jacksonville's offensive prowess". That's you making sh!t up again. I didn't fail and I'm not "stomping my feet".

Clearly you don't know wtf you are talking about when it comes to the Steelers / Browns game.

Hayward didn't dress. Neither did Coty Sensabaugh. Bud Dupree dressed but didn't play.

You're talking about Joe Haden? The same Joe Haden who was coming back from injury?

YOU are the one who is trying to extrapolate the Jags sucking based on the game against Pittsburgh. YOU are the one putting words in the mouths of others claiming they've said things that they haven't.

I'm not surprised you think my posts are "hilarious". Someone who talks out his ass the way you do would say that. Because you can't be bothered to stick to what is said. You insist on making sh!t up because you can't actually contradict fact.

You're nothing but a loud-mouth asshat who is throwing a tantrum because someone like myself is actually being reasonable and thinking that this is going to be a tough game.

Bud Dupree played vs the Browns. He sucked. Not as bad as he did yesterday, though.

Joe Haden didn't look good even before the injury. In fact, he hasn't looked good in a couple of years. Pittsburgh's secondary had been giving up huge passing plays all season long. It's an atrocious unit, and you're embarrassing yourself by pretending otherwise.

You haven't posted any facts for me to contradict. You've only posted easily refutable garbage that has done nothing but make you my punching bag, in addition to giving me a good laugh.

watch the patriots interviews today. You can tell they arent overlooking their opponent. Bill will have these guys ready

Ok here's my unabashed opinion on this Sunday's AFCCG. The Jaguars are very good, their defense is tough, their pass rush is fast and strong and they have a lot of very athletic players that can give TB12 and co. all they can handle. Nobody's questioning that. The Jags offense has playmakers on it, Fournette is a powerful, bruising back with a healthy amount of speed, he has to be respected even if he's not 100%. Bortles is the big question mark, but he can run if he has to and if he doesn't make mistakes this game could be very close. But that's a big IF. They have capable receivers and both lines are physical and strong.

Ok, now that I've sufficiently pointed out their strengths. Here are their weaknesses in my opinion. Their defense, while good, is not at the level of the '85 Bears, '00 Ravens,
'02 Bucs or '15 Broncos. That '15 Broncos team only gave up 16, 18 and 10 points in 3 playoff games...the last against a powerful Carolina team that raced out to a 31-0 lead against Seattle in the Divisional round then completely pounded the Cardinals in the NFCCG. This Jags defense is not that terrific against the run nor are they great against dink and dunk passes either. Pittsburgh was gaining chunks of yardage for stretches of that game and it wasn't just due to deep passes. On defense, if we get a good handle on Fournette and Bortles has to throw, we are in excellent shape to win this game. Turnovers and silly coaching mostly killed Pittsburgh yesterday. I give Jacksonville credit for beating them twice in Pittsburgh this year, but let's not kid ourselves, Pittsburgh did a lot of the damage to themselves.

We have the GOAT, Gronk, a myriad of RBs capable of running and catching effectively, receivers that have a knack for finding holes in coverage and exploiting it and a team that methodically and surgically eliminates its opponents by a thousand cuts? We have one of the greatest coaches in sports history and we're at home. Did I mention we've played in countless big games and have won 2 of the last 3 Super Bowls and came within a couple plays of playing in 3 straight?

Also for anyone talking about that '15 Broncos team being similar to this Jags team, remember in that AFCCG we had literally no one healthy except Brady and Gronk and a virtually decimated offensive line? That's a notoriously hard place to win for the road team and we were a two point conversion away from forcing overtime. Seems like the Patriots are the underdog by the way most people are talking, that's just crazy to me. Is Jacksonville capable of winning? Absolutely they are just like Tennessee was. But with all our weapons, experience and coaching, if we play well, we're virtually unstoppable! Go Pats!

Currently, we're down to our third string RT.

Currently, we're down to our third string RT.

not necessarily.....reports are his knee sprain was minor and waddle may play this week.

Tell us more about all of these weapons the Jags have in the passing game that the Patriots need to specifically game plan for.
Eh, Dede Westbrook and Cole have come on of late and the Patriots themselves courted Lee prior to the draft. Their TEs are nothing to write home about.

Was just shuttling kids around and DB and Squeaky are basically picking NE to be up by 27 at 1/2 time.

Bud Dupree played vs the Browns. He sucked. Not as bad as he did yesterday, though.

Joe Haden didn't look good even before the injury. In fact, he hasn't looked good in a couple of years. Pittsburgh's secondary had been giving up huge passing plays all season long. It's an atrocious unit, and you're embarrassing yourself by pretending otherwise.

You haven't posted any facts for me to contradict. You've only posted easily refutable garbage that has done nothing but make you my punching bag, in addition to giving me a good laugh.

Dude - I've posted plenty of facts and you have failed terribly. Go back to lying and making sh!t up because you can't actually have a valid conversation with someone.

not necessarily.....reports are his knee sprain was minor and waddle may play this week.
Knee sprain, minor or not, does not bode well for this weekend. SB is they get there, maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News