PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

We're On To Jacksonville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor Jags. They've got no defense, and their putrid offense won't be going opposite of a sh!tty defense next week.

Better luck next year, little guys.

Not surprised that Jax won today. However, I am surprised that the jaguars were able to put up 40+ points on the steelers. Pittsburgh offense was helped by some ridiculous catches from Brown. What a dumb decision to onsides kick it. BTW, when will coaches learn not to rest their players in week 17?

In any event, we are onto Jacksonville. I think NE can put points up on this defense next week. Gronk v Ramsey matchup is the one that intrigues me the most.

I think NE can put points up on this defense next week.

The Jags gave up 42 points to an inferior offense coached by a vastly inferior staff on a team that wasn't even focused on this game.

NE can certainly put up points on these guys.

Defense was abused today. That said, they'r more than capable of shutting TB & co down. Bortles isn't as awful as we thought. Patriots got the toughest match up possible. Alas, I still believe.

Are you kidding me? Their defense is not capable of "shutting down" NE. Pittsburgh put up 40 points on them. Gimme a break.

Their defense will pose some issues but I really have a hard time seeing Pat's not winning by 2 scores.

I said a few weeks ago Jac was the harder matchup and people here called me dumb.
Fournette when he gets going is a load.
That secondary can shut down our receivers.
We need the backs to make plays in the passing game.
Be a good time for Burkhead to come back.

Jags defensive weakness is in the run. have to imagine they will try and get dion lewis going.

Jags defense is tough, but the steelers just put 42 points on them and ben threw 5TD's. (granted 3 were fluke plays)

defensively you have to think the patriots will scheme to stop bortles running lanes and make him have to pass. Fournette didnt look the same 2nd half.

I am happy for Harrison that he did not have to face the Steelers. I had a bit of uneasiness about that game when it came to his role and how it was going to be talked about. Now he does not have to deal with it.

Jags are the tougher match up IMO as well...that D can cause major issues in our backfield

Are you kidding me? Their defense is not capable of "shutting down" NE. Pittsburgh put up 40 points on them. Gimme a break.
You've forgotten what the Broncos D did to us in our non SB years over the last 4 years? I would say that this D is superior to the Broncos D and could pose a serious threat to us. For the first time in a while, I'm scared that we actually lose since this defense has talent at every single level - an excellent pass rush, excellent secondary, etc. Their offense isn't star studded at all - which is a plus - but the Patriots won't be scoring much next Sunday.

Jacksonville's defense looked like a sieve the second half. This is the matchup I wanted and the Patriots couldn't have (realistically) had an easier route to the Super Bowl.

Yes, they still have to win the game, but I like this matchup.

I said a few weeks ago Jac was the harder matchup and people here called me dumb.
Fournette when he gets going is a load.
That secondary can shut down our receivers.
We need the backs to make plays in the passing game.
Be a good time for Burkhead to come back.

That secondary was not able to shut down **** against any team with a somewhat above average offense. Rams, 49ers, Arizona and Steelers put up points on them. Gronk + Lewis/Burkhead/White will have their chances to score..

Their chance for a competitive game will come down to turnovers. If we dont lose the turnover battle we will win 95 out of 100 games against that team.

You've forgotten what the Broncos D did to us in our non SB years over the last 4 years? I would say that this D is superior to the Broncos D and could pose a serious threat to us. For the first time in a while, I'm scared that we actually lose since this defense has talent at every single level - an excellent pass rush, excellent secondary, etc. Their offense isn't star studded at all - which is a plus - but the Patriots won't be scoring much next Sunday.
Wut. The Jaguars defense is not good as that Broncos defense back in 2015, who by the way were easily top 3 best defense in NFL History. Go home. You're drunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft