PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Well, the MVP was named, and it's a total joke: Peyton Manning, once again

Status
Not open for further replies.
That game was played in a snowstorm, in the swamp that was Gillette before they went to field turf. The 99 Rams wouldn't have scored 10 points on that field against that defense.

Jumping in late to the party here, but that game was played in weather which could best be deemed a light snow shower, at the worst. And I think Kurt Warner circa 1999 would have found a way to beat Troy Brown and Earthwind Moreland (if not the Patriots) in that game, snow flurries and mud be damned....

Manning played really well this year. And this is the first year in a while that they havent had a standout. Brady last year, LDT in 06, Alexander in 05, Manning in 04...etc.

That game was played in a snowstorm, in the swamp that was Gillette before they went to field turf. The 99 Rams wouldn't have scored 10 points on that field against that defense.

too bad for manning they were not good enough to get home field and play in that dome

For the trend believers out there, atleast we know the Colts won't win the Superbowl with the current MVP on the squad then ;) .

i believe peyton deserved it given what he had to go through in his injury recovery and how he rebounded throughout the season

that said, if rivers loses out on o player of the year to manning, that's going to be a mockery of all things holy haha

Last edited:
both rod woodson and jamie dukes on NFLN think demarcus ware or james harrison or phillips rivers were a little more deserving.They even went on to say its a safe pick by the so called voters and are the same guys who vote steve young into the hall of fame the 1st time but charles haley is still not.

I thought that analysis was perfect, and the winning QB of the Colts/Chargers game will be the true winner of the MVP award.

Manning wins again, despite absolutely killing his team in the first half of the season. No way was he deserving this year.
Ha ha. He kept them IN it during the first 7 games. 15-0 to Minnesota, threads the needle to Wayne to set up the game winner. Easily 0-2 there. Houston, while having a brain fart, did not go unearned. PM still had to put the ball in the end zone twice. TD's to Tamme and Wayne WERE defended by the opposition.

Re: Manning MVP......You Must Be Kidding Me.

I bet if Brady is able to come back next year and if he has setbacks and limps around but makes clutch plays to win but gets better as the year goes on and your team makes the playoffs you guys sure will be singing his praises for MVP.

He's already done this (played with a separated shoulder for three seasons or so) but he never actually won the MVP. He had to throw 50 TDs to get it. Can we all at least agree that guys like Manning and Favre get a whole lot more credit for doing the same stuff that non-Mannings or non-Favres do?

That, at least, has been made painfully clear.

TDs
Rivers: 34
Manning: 27

INTs
Rivers: 11
Manning: 12

Yards
Rivers: 4,009
Manning: 4,002

Average Pass
Rivers: 8.4
Manning: 7.2

QB Rating
Rivers: 105.5
Manning: 95.0

Defense
Colts: 18.6 PPG (7th)
Chargers: 21.7 PPG (15th)

Congratulations on having 4 more wins (Lions, Bengals, Browns, Jaguars) than Rivers, who will prove the superior QB this season tomorrow night.

He'll have the stats and team success advantage. As...

8-8, 1-0 in playoffs > 12-4, 0-1 in playoffs

Also you don't "back in" to the playoffs on a 4 game winning streak.

To reiterate.

Cutler making pro-bowl.
Manning winning MVP.

Watching Rivers beat both with better stats. Priceless.

Last edited:

To reiterate.

Cutler making pro-bowl.
Manning winning MVP.

Watching Rivers beat both with better stats. Priceless.

That was a great sign. I hope it makes sportscenter

Brady is 14-3 in the playoffs. Manning is 7-7....

Update:

Peyton, mighty Peyton, is now a sub .500 quarterback in the playoffs.

MVP... or MVShe?

Trent Dilfer
Playoff Winning: 83% (1 Super Bowl)
Super Bowl Season: 3 TDs / 1 INT / 8.1 Average / 83.7 Rating

Peyton Manning
Playoff Winning: 47% (1 Super Bowl)
Super Bowl Season: 3 TDs / 7 INTs / 6.8 Average / 70.5 Rating

I'm watching NFL Network right now and they were talking about Donovan McNabb never going 1 and done in his playoff career.

If Peyton is 7-8 and went 3-0 in the Super Bowl year that means he has had at least 4 one and done seasons if I am doing my math right and not just being too lazy to look up stats.

Last edited:
I'm watching NFL Network right now and they were talking about Donovan McNabb never going 1 and done in his playoff career.

If Peyton is 7-8 and went 3-0 in the Super Bowl year that means he has had at least 4 one and done seasons if I am doing my math right and not just being too lazy to look up stats.

He's been one and done two years in a row thanks to the Chargers.

Peyton Manning at a San Diego Hotel (Visa Commercial)

Lobby person: You're GOING DOWN.
Manning: No, that was last Saturday. Today I'm going UP. 5th floor please.

Delivery man: I hope you choke.
Manning: My playoff game was YESTERDAY! But thanks!

Eli: You're going down in the Super Bowl, bubba!
Peyton: I guess I am. Halftime good with you?

If the Chargers defenders weren't putting on a display of stonehands, the Chargers might well have blown Peyton, mighty Peyton and his posse out of the stadium.

One of the least deserving MVPs in history with the abrupt playoff exit yet again... very fitting. This loss must be pretty bitter, and to be honest, to the Colts trolls that sullied this thread, I hope you choke on it.

Its actually almost poetic how it all went down. Having it announced the day before a first round exit against a .500 team. You couldn't write a better script, had it been announced tomorrow or a week from now it may have been some small consolation, but now everyone gets to point out how the MVP couldn't get it done again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back