PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Well, the MVP was named, and it's a total joke: Peyton Manning, once again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richter

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Manning wins again, despite absolutely killing his team in the first half of the season. No way was he deserving this year.

Oh, brother. Sounds like a case of,"Well, no one else really stood out so...."

Based on what used to happen when Manning got the MVP over Brady (Manning would get it because of stats, though Brady lead his Reche-Caldwellian offense to winning games) then Philip Rivers deserves it more than Manning.

I believe the selection was a logical one.........just like this year was BB's masterpiece in terms of coaching, Manning has finally learned to play within a system rather than be the system........as much as I dont like him or the colts, I liked his game this year

i woulda given it to DeAngelo Williams =/

I believe the selection was a logical one.........just like this year was BB's masterpiece in terms of coaching, Manning has finally learned to play within a system rather than be the system........as much as I dont like him or the colts, I liked his game this year

Did you watch him through the first 7 or 8 games, when he was generally terrible? Yes, he rebounded nicely, but he was actively hampering that team in those games because of his knee. You don't get the MVP for half a good season. They should have gone defensive, with someone like James Harrison, or with Michael Turner, who carried that Falcons team to 11 wins.

wow. theres several players who deserve it more than Peyton.

Michael Turner
Deangelo Williams
Chad Pennington
Joey Porter
Ed Reed

and im sure there are more

I'm fine with this, as long as the rest of the NFL doesn't mind Brady getting CBPOY and MVP in 09.

Did you watch him through the first 7 or 8 games, when he was generally terrible? Yes, he rebounded nicely, but he was actively hampering that team in those games because of his knee. You don't get the MVP for half a good season. They should have gone defensive, with someone like James Harrison, or with Michael Turner, who carried that Falcons team to 11 wins.

he was not good, but when he turned it around, so did the team........sounds like MVP material to me...........I still believe he is the one most important player to his team in the NFL.......

Hahaha i love the hate. He didn't deserve it in '03 or '04 either right? 2nd QB with 3 MVP trophies. :cool:

The good news is that, if history holds true, the team with the MVP will not win the SB.

but only 1 SB........which is the ultimate form of success

I knew that was coming when i posted that. Winning the SB is a team accomplishment. Brady would have zero rings if he had the '01, '03, and '04 Colts defenses. Brady or Manning do not tackle any one for a living.

Last edited:
Nice we get to watch "NFL MVP Peyton Manning" lose Saturday instead of just plain ol' "Peyton Manning".

I wonder if he realizes he's staring at a losing playoff record.....

he was not good, but when he turned it around, so did the team........sounds like MVP material to me...........I still believe he is the one most important player to his team in the NFL.......
well you are wrong. your opinion is false.

and that's that.

Question: Why do most football "journalists" have forked tongues?

Answers: So they can b***wash Peyton Manning and Brett Favre at the same time.

I knew that was coming when i posted that. Winning the SB is a team accomplishment. Brady would have zero rings if he had the '01, '03, and '04 Colts defenses. Brady or Manning do not tackle any one for a living.

In 2001, the Colts didn't make the playoffs, so it's really not a year to look at.

In 2003, the Colts lost to the Patriots. The defense held New England to 24 points. Manning, as is his wont in big games, decided not to show up, completing less than 50% of his passes (23 of 47 for 237 yards) and throwing 4 interceptions.

In 2004, the Colts again lost to the Patriots. The defense held New England to just 20 points in that game. However, unfortunately for the Colts, Manning once again gas-piped it, putting a whopping 3 points on the board.

If the Patriots defense hadn't turned into a M*A*S*H unit in the second half of the 2006 AFCCG, Peyton "I'm 7-7 in the playoffs" Manning would be deservedly considered the biggest choker in NFL history.

Hahaha i love the hate. He didn't deserve it in '03 or '04 either right? 2nd QB with 3 MVP trophies. :cool:

Hey, I never said anything about 2003 or 2004. This year though, he isn't deserving. This was a name recognition award as much as any that have been given out.

In 2001, the Colts didn't make the playoffs, so it's really not a year to look at.

In 2003, the Colts lost to the Patriots. The defense held New England to 24 points. Manning, as is his wont in big games, decided not to show up, completing less than 50% of his passes (23 of 47 for 237 yards) and throwing 4 interceptions.

In 2004, the Colts again lost to the Patriots. The defense held New England to just 20 points in that game. However, unfortunately for the Colts, Manning once again gas-piped it, putting a whopping 3 points on the board.

If the Patriots defense hadn't turned into a M*A*S*H unit in the second half of the 2006 AFCCG, Peyton "I'm 7-7 in the playoffs" Manning would be deservedly considered the biggest choker in NFL history.

I was going by the years the pats won the Super Bowl, nice try though. Let's trade defense for those years and Brady is sitting on zero rings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back