PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welcome to the Patriots Jarrett Stidham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard he has some back issue which he played through all year.

Another one who will be IR'd and he'll get a year to be acclimated.

A good pick and we'll see who gets picked next year to compete with him and Etling.

I liked him alot I have a friend who I respect greatly who doesn't think he will be a good pro but I have to disagree he throws a beautiful ball.
He can only get better with BB and Josh

One hopes. I have a fear that this guy might be the second coming of Matt Barkley.

Gotta figure that Saban knows what SEC Stidman likes for breakfast.

Mallett flamed out because, even though (or partly because), he had all the physical traits, Mallett thought his s**t didn't stink and he didn't need to put the requisite work in.

Stidham has the tools, and a few things that need to be cleaned up. But we don't really know what te guy is like as far as attitude and work ethic. Shefter on NFLN says Stidham is seen as having excellent character. But it still remains to be seen on this level.

I looked over his tweets from years ago and i dont see any character issues that stand out. His college coach Gus Malzahn also never cussed. He never said a cuss word which is funny to me but it probably served as a good influence.

We will trade this guy in 2-3 years to the 49ers for a 1st round pick.

Watched some film analysis on him and in 2018, his supporting cast absolutely sucked. He threw balls to wide open recievers for touchdowns and they had a ton of drops. He tended to panic in the pocket but to be fair, his OL was garbage also which probably caused him to panic too much. If a guy is wide open, sure he will find him but he needs to work on making those tight NFL throws because WRs are not as open as they are in college. Sitting behind TB should fix some of those issues. Only time will tell if he is another Jimmy G or another Mallett.

Training camp will be VERY interesting this summer. I hope to see a battle for #2 QB. Conventional wisdom says the 2 kids aren't in a position to take out Hoyer. Unless Brian has been showing the coaches some real stuff we don't see, Pats may decide to go with cheaper kids figuring that if TFB is out, we're going nowhere. That could be a bad decision if TFB only missed a game, a game a journeyperson QB could simply finish out.

Meh. He’s better than Etling. That’s for sure. He can make every throw in the book, but he’s got to get over the tendency to drop his eyes at the first sign of pressure.
He supposedly had a sieve for an offensive line. Maybe he had reason to get gun shy.

Anyone getting Ryan Mallett vibes from this one? Sure he excelled in the SEC when given the playmakers but can he do it in the NFL? Mallett could not handle it.
No, I'm not. But, thanks for asking.

Well the question for me, is he the next Jimmy G or is he the next Jacoby Brissett?

If he's Jimmy G, he will be the heir, if he is Brissett, he will hold the clipboard a couple of years before getting traded for a shiny new 4th round pick.

Training camp will be VERY interesting this summer. I hope to see a battle for #2 QB. Conventional wisdom says the 2 kids aren't in a position to take out Hoyer. Unless Brian has been showing the coaches some real stuff we don't see, Pats may decide to go with cheaper kids figuring that if TFB is out, we're going nowhere. That could be a bad decision if TFB only missed a game, a game a journeyperson QB could simply finish out.
I think Brian Hoyer is a great guy and teammate. I also think that if he retired, no one would miss him. If he's a Brady insurance policy, the coverage is woefully inadequate.

give him time with BB and brady and he will be fine. even if he doesnt work out. they need to start taking some swings at finding the next guy.

Last edited:
I like the pick. You spend a 4th round pick on a QB prospect that some feel has 1st round talent. If he busts you didn't lose anything. I'm not sure Jones or Haskins will prove to be any better long term.

I like the pick. You spend a 4th round pick on a QB prospect that some feel has 1st round talent. If he busts you didn't lose anything. I'm not sure Jones or Haskins will prove to be any better long term.
The most we will probably see of him is the preseason

Meh. Lots will disagree, but I'll maintain til I die that all these QBOTF are a massive waste as long as Brady's playing well.

Montana > Young. Favre > Rodgers. You literally can't ask for better successors to living legends...yet they only have 1 SB each. I'll take my chances putting the most talent around Brady for 1 more.

Yay Stidham I guess.

Meh. Lots will disagree, but I'll maintain til I die that all these QBOTF are a massive waste as long as Brady's playing well.

Montana > Young. Favre > Rodgers. You literally can't ask for better successors to living legends...yet they only have 1 SB each. I'll take my chances putting the most talent around Brady for 1 more.

Yay Stidham I guess.
im greedy. I want the team to be good after Brady retires. if you wait till after he's gone to try and find the next starter. it's too late. I want the next guy to be coached and molded by BB and sit and watch and learn from Brady.

im greedy. I want the team to be good after Brady retires. if you wait till after he's gone to try and find the next starter. it's too late. I want the next guy to be coached and molded by BB and sit and watch and learn from Brady.

How many guys have been molded by BB, and sat/watched Brady? How many have amounted to anything?

Jimmy G might, but honestly, he's more hype / hope and SF's pre-mature contract-ulation than production on the field.

I'll give you they weren't coached by BB once all the QBOTFs walked away, but wouldn't you think the molding and the TB12 observing that people value so highly would lead guys to at least having decent careers if it were that easy?

It's not. What BB/Brady have in each other is unprecedented. Thinking we can just roll it over to the next guy is absolute folly. At best we might get to 9-7 type wild card teams. That kind of 'success' isn't worth lowering our chances with Brady onboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes