PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welcome to the Patriots Jarrett Stidham

Status
Not open for further replies.
When he has a clean pocket, he is a beast.

But he suffers from happy feet and lacks courage.

Chris there is your QB I bet he's already better than Rosen and Lock. :D
I liked him alot I have a friend who I respect greatly who doesn't think he will be a good pro but I have to disagree he throws a beautiful ball.
He can only get better with BB and Josh

There have been a few who seemingly didn't have courage but just needed the right support system.

download.jpeg

He beat Alabama by himself in 2017 and he's got all the arm talent in the world and he's athletic as hell. He was pretty pedestrian this year and seems to fold under both mental and physical pressure. If he had played well this year we're talking a top-10 pick, especially in this QB crop. I don't know what to make of him but he's got the most talent of any QB you're going to take in the 4th round.

I agree with this, he has a great arm and a few other “unteachable” attributes. As far as the other things we will need to see him with the team. I like him better than Jones, Murray or Haskins, that’s for sure.

I liked him alot I have a friend who I respect greatly who doesn't think he will be a good pro but I have to disagree he throws a beautiful ball. He can only get better with BB and Josh.

Saw that too love his mechanics some guys just need a good situation and he will be in one here. Hope he kicks Hoyer off the Roster.

That's a good pick. In this draft class Stidham looks like a good prospect. Still want the Pats to pick a qb next year. I don't think Efling's the answer to start. Obviously Hoyer isn't. Let Stidham and whoever we pick next year compete it out.

He was my choice for a developmental qb the whole year. He played on a bad offensive team this year. Auburn has not yet had a offensive player drafted in the first 150 picks while playing in the SEC.

I partly agree. His teammates sucked. The O line was a mess and his receivers had stone hands. I’m hoping that he will regain his confidence. I think he has talent.
He has the talent and can make the throws if he’s given time. However, a quarterback that drops his eyes at the first sign of pressure is a massive, massive red flag. But it’s a 4th round pick for a QB that had a good season two years ago in the SEC and isn’t expected to contribute any time soon. Hard to hate the pick.

No offense but this is basically Rosen's scouting report. Accurate if pocket clean and sucks when pressured. Without the mental attitude baggage with Rosen

Saw that too love his mechanics some guys just need a good situation and he will be in one here. Hope he kicks Hoyer off the Roster.
The roster/practice squad will be interesting. I'm thinking he goes on the practice squad. That possibly means we cut Etling or Hoyer.

Anyone getting Ryan Mallett vibes from this one? Sure he excelled in the SEC when given the playmakers but can he do it in the NFL? Mallett could not handle it.

It is what it is. A late 4th round QB pick that may or may not pan out.

Brady will continue playing at a high level throughout his 40's and we'll wind up flipping this guy for a few extra picks.:)

I’ll be waiting for “The Stidham 6” documentary in 10 years or so.

That's a good pick. In this draft class Stidham looks like a good prospect. Still want the Pats to pick a qb next year. I don't think Efling's the answer to start. Obviously Hoyer isn't. Let Stidham and whoever we pick next year compete it out.
The roster/practice squad will be interesting. I'm thinking he goes on the practice squad. That possibly means we cut Etling or Hoyer.

I think both will be gone honestly....the kid can carry the clipboard as needed and step in and run the Cassel offense!

Anyone getting Ryan Mallett vibes from this one? Sure he excelled in the SEC when given the playmakers but can he do it in the NFL? Mallett could not handle it.
I know someone said this guy lacks “courage “ not sure where he is getting that from...honestly watching highlight reels of him....he has balls that Mallett didn’t have ....diving for the tough yard....making the throw as he knows he’s going to get destroyed....I’m pulling for the kid

Mallett flamed out because, even though (or partly because), he had all the physical traits, Mallett thought his s**t didn't stink and he didn't need to put the requisite work in.

Stidham has the tools, and a few things that need to be cleaned up. But we don't really know what te guy is like as far as attitude and work ethic. Shefter on NFLN says Stidham is seen as having excellent character. But it still remains to be seen on this level.

On edit: I believe Shefter works for ESPN. I actually meant to say Ian Rapoport was the one who reported on Stidham's reputation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing