PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Welcome Bailey Zappe - QB - pick #137

WAY overdraft. He could be had in 6th round or later.
Who are your contacts in the other 31 teams? I mean, just your main contact if you have multiple sources per team to figure out truth from red herrings when you're determining whether he'd be there when you woulda-coulda-shoulda drafted him???

How do you guys bubble up sentences like this? Do you even think about the unbelievable chutzpah about foisting this unfalsifiable religious sentiment on the rest of us?

He was a 4th round pick.

Know what?

That's what happened.

Yeah as others have said I don't see how Stidham sticks around. Hoyer may be a lock with OC turnover.

Agreed, Stidham sucks and Hoyer is a coach.

Here's all the draft worthy QB's at the top of the board arranged by Rating last season...

tX8BV2X.png

11 ints...oof :(

Wow great pick...
if he can play ILB

simply WHY???!!!

Because they need to develop a backup. Stidham is probably getting cut in camp or is gone after the season(FA). Hoyer signed for 2 years but you really want Hoyer to be the #3/scout team/ asst qb coach

If you ask BillB he will say.. "We believe he will be selected by someone else very soon....So we had to act..."
And you know the opposite because....?

Notice that when every draftnik in pimpleton was complaining that we traded up 4 spots to get our guy at receiver, who "could have been had" etc., there was an immediate run at receiver?

Ridiculous production, in a more modern air raid type system. Seems to be our future back up and replaces Stidham. Maybe they try and trade Stidham for a pick or something.

Don’t really like the pick for where we selected him, would of thought we could of got him in the sixth round, but if he can be a good back.

How do you pronounce "Zappe"?

Agreed, Stidham sucks and Hoyer is a coach.

Here's all the draft worthy QB's at the top of the board arranged by Rating last season...

tX8BV2X.png
playing in Conf USA against bums....

Ridiculous production, in a more modern air raid type system. Seems to be our future back up and replaces Stidham. Maybe they try and trade Stidham for a pick or something.

Don’t really like the pick for where we selected him, would of thought we could of got him in the sixth round, but if he can be a good back.
Bottom line is Stidham is in the last year of his deal. We needed a backup. We can always roster Hoyer with one of the protected Practice Squad spots and have a QB coach for a reasonable fee. We needed a backup QB, we needed RB depth... I loved these last two picks.

Sam Howell goes a few picks later to Wash.

Not a fan of this pick. But whatever. he's a cheap backup QB. Would rather have traded this pick into next year if this is what we're getting. But I guess they felt he wouldn't last until the 6th is the main reason for this pick here. Still doesn't feel like a great value. Couldn't they have traded it for like 2x 5ths or there is something about the 5th round the Pats don't like?

Bottom line is Stidham is in the last year of his deal. We needed a backup. We can always roster Hoyer with one of the protected Practice Squad spots and have a QB coach for a reasonable fee. We needed a backup QB, we needed RB depth... I loved these last two picks.

Again I don’t mind the pick, it’s where he’s picked I have an issue with. We took him in the 4th where I think we still could get an impact player to help now, and we could of possibly got him in the 6th.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back