PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT Welcome Bailey Zappe - QB - pick #137

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting..

Why is the only word I can use to describe this pick...simply WHY???!!!

A punter would have made 100x more sense here.

That the ?K(&!!

Terrible pick on an otherwise udfa. Should picked Z. Mccollum cb, amare barno edge, just about anybody.
4th rounder on a qb who is short and will never amount to anything. Udfa.

Replacement for Stidham as QB3 for this year, and Hoyer (on top of being year to year) is not a guy you want starting long term if there's a major injury to Jones. And while 4th round is a bit early for a guy you hope to be nothing but a backup, this is hardly unprecedented for the Patriots, who took O'Connell, Mallett, Brissett, and Davey all 4th round or earlier while they had Tom Brady. You could also count Garropolo and Stidham, but those seemed to be kicks at the "heir apparent" can for the time they were drafted.

Dude. Seriously? The Pats have an ALL-PRO punter! Not to mention that he does double duty by being an excellent Kick-off man.
You don't say...an ALL-PRO punter coming off his worst year as a pro and a $4 million cap hit for a team very tight in cap space.

Now how is it that I don't see this as a good thing???!!!

I don’t care that he is shorter. Having a backup QB is never a bad thing.

Terrible pick on an otherwise udfa. Should picked Z. Mccollum cb, amare barno edge, just about anybody.
4th rounder on a qb who is short and will never amount to anything. Udfa.

How do you know he was destined for UDFA if we didn’t take him. Analysts mock drafts?

And a real backup if Mac misses games
Agreed, Stidham sucks and Hoyer is a coach.

Here's all the draft worthy QB's at the top of the board arranged by Rating last season...

tX8BV2X.png

I don't mind a back up QB. I mind that it feels like another reach who could have been gotten a round or two later.

You don't say...an ALL-PRO punter coming off his worst year as a pro and a $4 million cap hit for a team very tight in cap space.

Now how is it that I don't see this as a good thing???!!!
It wasn't his worst year as a pro. The blocks were all because of the LINE. NOT Bailey. Try paying attention to the games instead of just the Stats. You'd learn a thing or 1000.

Agreed, Stidham sucks and Hoyer is a coach.

Here's all the draft worthy QB's at the top of the board arranged by Rating last season...

tX8BV2X.png
These guys are smoking crack who think we didn't need a QB. Right on the money with your impressions of Stidham and Hoyer.

I don't mind a back up QB. I mind that it feels like another reach who could have been gotten a round or two later.
We currently don’t own a 5th. Yes we could attempt to trade back up but if you have this qb rated higher than the rest by a good margin just take him instead of hoping he lasts another 50 picks.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back