PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

ANNOUNCEMENT Welcome Back!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have lost count how many times I have checked back later to see if the forum was up. Totally worthy the wait, it looks fantastic. Great job.

• ThankU!
Reactions: Ian
I have lost count how many times I have checked back later to see if the forum was up. Totally worthy the wait, it looks fantastic. Great job.
We're getting there. Dying to get the reactions active - hoping people dig those :cool:

Much appreciated Ian!

• ThankU!
For us in Europe a long waiting...
But...here we are...

Ian...:thumbsup:
Thanks. Being down all day yesterday while the data was importing was frustrating. But that should be the last time for the foreseeable future. Should be good to go for long time now :D

Looks nice - is there any way to get rid of that big news box at the top?

There's not. That also has additional pinned threads so it's also part of the functionality of the board.

However, I haven't finished up some of the stuff for the donating users so I'll see what I can come up with to maybe modify how it renders. :cool:

Thanks for all the work Ian! I'll return to this thread to give it a Thumbs Up as soon as it's available!

• ThankU!
The reaction import finished so I ran a quick back up, which locked things up for about 3-4 minutes. That's what the temporary glitch was, for anyone wondering.

Reactions are now up and running. :)

The new UI is amazing! Thanks Ian for all the work you do.

• ThankU!
The Reaction icons look great! Will we see a return of the Disagree, Surprised & Useful/Interesting icons too?

The Reaction icons look great! Will we see a return of the Disagree, Surprised & Useful/Interesting icons too?
I'm not sure...I tried to condense them down because if you notice on mobile, the window stretches to the edge and if I add another, they would wrap and it would be tougher to use them.

I apologize for the extended outage. Some of the features of the previous forum were run on a 3rd-party add-on that had 3-million+ rows in it and it required a second import tool that literally ran all day yesterday and through last night. One of which was for the reactions (Likes/Dislikes/Winner/Genius, etc). That one is actually still running so as a result, reactions are currently disabled until hopefully later this morning. Should be done in the next hour or two.

In the meantime, there are still some things I'm working out but it's good to have everyone back and I appreciate your patience and continued support :)
Thanks Ian so much for all you do to keep this site so awesome!

It's just great having everyone here and it's honestly a lot of fun. The older I've gotten, the more I've appreciated it all and I'm just glad we've been able to keep it going. I realized a couple of months ago that I registered patsfans.com back in June of 2000. It's officially been 20-years...crazy :)
Huh, so it wasn't Belichick OR Brady that made the dynasty happen, it was the registration of patsfans.com ;)

Huh, so it wasn't Belichick OR Brady that made the dynasty happen, it was the registration of patsfans.com ;)
LOL, I wouldn't go that far. They went 5-11 that first season :D

Thanks for your effort Ian. Still trying to improve this site, it is nice. Keep going.

• ThankU!
Thank you for all the work, Ian. Going to take a little time to explore and get used to it, but it looks great. Patriots greatness deserves PatsFans greatness. Particularly like that my pet peeve has been resolved and I'll be able to easily tell what page of a thread I'm on.

• ThankU!
I was fully expecting to criticize the change even if only for human behavioral preference for no-change, but ... I like it !! Well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes