PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 7: We’re on to Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOWTIME15

No asterisks
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Wow, what a win! Now we go from playing the best offense to playing one of the best defenses on the road. Bears are second in the league in points allowed behind baltimore. Should be another good game...

Definitely a different kind of challenge for sure, and being on the road just ups the difficulty. Be great to grab out first road win.

The way this offense seems to be clicking, I feel good about scoring points, even against a good D. The big question for me is what are we going to see with Chicago's offense? I know Trubisky has been playing really well, but does anyone know who it's being done? Something we have the horses to counter?

someone PLEASE tell my andy reid decided to have some fun last night and during the aftergame presser answered every question with "We're on to Cincinnati"

I'm still reveling in the win. I'll move onto Chicago when I catch up on my sleep :)

We are not only onto the Bears but onto what I think is a daunting and maybe key stretch of the season with 4 out of 5 games being away games (with a BYE before the last game).

The crucible of mental toughness.

Their front 7 with Hicks, Goldman, Bullard, Mack, Smith and Treviathan will be a handful...

Mack seemed to injure his ankle (?) against the Dolphins which made him pretty ineffective. Maybe it lingers a bit this week.

Gilmore on Robinson

Chung on Burton

JMAC on Gabriel

Honestly, they don’t have any where near the weapons KC does...

I could see JJones on Gabriel, I think he matched up with him a couple of times in the super bowl? I know Malcom was also on him.

We are not only onto the Bears but onto what I think is a daunting and maybe key stretch of the season with 4 out of 5 games being away games (with a BYE before the last game).

The crucible of mental toughness.

It reminds me a little bit of the latter half of 2014, where it felt like every week we were on the road against a tough QB (or at least an offense with great weapons). I don't think this stretch is quite as daunting, but I welcome the gut check either way.

It reminds me a little bit of the latter half of 2014, where it felt like every week we were on the road against a tough QB (or at least an offense with great weapons). I don't think this stretch is quite as daunting, but I welcome the gut check either way.

The opponents during this stretch are maybe not as daunting but 4 away games out of 5 total games is pretty tough. Don't underestimate the effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back