PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 5: Other NFL games

Frank Reich liked this post.

Then he went out and sat on the ball on 3rd down again, knowing that his kicker's not right.

With 1:20 left in the game, the Ravens took a 3-yard loss at the Colts 4. The Colts inexplicably didn’t call one of their two remaining timeouts, and the game clock ran off 40 seconds. A nonsensical decision in every imaginable way. You give away 40 seconds, half the remaining clock time, to save one timeout even though you can spike the ball easily if needed, and there was plenty of time for a drive at 1:20. Sure enough the Colts drive stalled because they ran out of time.

Lamar is an unbelievable talent. I wanted him in 2018, he’s just too freakishly talented to bypass for a slow fat guard. Happy we have Mac but lamar was easily the best player left in the draft when 24 came up

I can't see Lamar Jackson leading a Super Bowl winning team, I just can't, the limitations are too great.

this aged well Lol. The guy is an electrifying play maker.

because he is EXACTLY who I said he is from the jump...a MORON "Look At Me" little freak show running back who calls himself "the future of football!!'. Stupid PUNK is what he is...and he'll NEVER admit he's wrong, he's too big of a "star!!!" in his own mind
what makes him a punk? Because he grew up differently than you did?

Yeah, the Chargers should squash Lamar's bug head like the phuckin' tickbrain he is...
A lot of questionable comments from you tonight. Wanna tell us why you really don’t like him?

what, you don't understand plain English?

what makes him a punk? Because he grew up differently than you did?
that doesn't MAKE him a punk, he's grown into one since his teens....comes when one is primarily a moron being coddled and told how brilliant he is because of his physical attributes, turning him into some self described "genius" because he runs fast.

You don’t know the guy at all. You don’t like him for No logical reasons
WTF does that matter to YOU??? Who died and elevated you to board King Solomon. STFU and go polish one off in the closet to your Lamar rookie card...d!ckhead

that doesn't MAKE him a punk, he's grown into one since his teens....comes when one is primarily a moron being coddled and told how brilliant he is because of his physical attributes, turning him into some self described "genius" because he runs fast.

He scored a 13 on his Wonderlic.

Estimated IQ: 82

He scored a 13 on his Wonderlic.

Estimated IQ: 82
I know all about him, Ice.I thought he was just another young pro QB with abilities beyond the norm. Read up on his college exploits at Louisville which were legendary.He left Louisville in his junior year and entered the NFL draft. I sure wanted him when our pick came up. It's archived right here on our site. Peeling the onion though, after a couple of years and numerous clips and written accounts,it turns out he's not anywhere close to being even averagely literate and he has repeatedly taken the LeBron James "whiteys are raciss" trope when he's cornered by the sporting press.The FACT that he speaks in almost unintelligible street slang when interviewed gives one a clear window of the "courses" he must have taken at Louisville, which of course were "ghost" courses in home economics, geography and other institutional shams we all KNOW every major university employs to ease the outside pressures on their star athletes.

There's a big "showdown" coming up next Sunday...I'll take Justin Herbert. The rest of the Lamar Legend Fraternity can take their little bobble head Lamar dolls and go fishing off Santa Monica pier for zipper fish

I know all about him, Ice.I thought he was just another young pro QB with abilities beyond the norm. Read up on his college exploits at Louisville which were legendary.He left Louisville in his junior year and entered the NFL draft. I sure wanted him when our pick came up. It's archived right here on our site. Peeling the onion though, after a couple of years and numerous clips and written accounts,it turns out he's not anywhere close to being even averagely literate and he has repeatedly taken the LeBron James "whiteys are raciss" trope when he's cornered by the sporting press.The FACT that he speaks in almost unintelligible street slang when interviewed gives one a clear window of the "courses" he must have taken at Louisville, which of course were "ghost" courses in home economics, geography and other institutional shams we all KNOW every major university employs to ease the outside pressures on their star athletes.

There's a big "showdown" coming up next Sunday...I'll take Justin Herbert. The rest of the Lamar Legend Fraternity can take their little bobble head Lamar dolls and go fishing off Santa Monica pier for zipper fish

I don’t like the guy either. Seems like a huge dumbass...and don’t tell me that this guy‘s mental shortcomings haven’t played into his postseason failures and he’s “a football genius.” Sure he is. Sure he is.

Interesting note: last year Tua also scored a 13 on his Wonderlic, and the NFL PR was up in arms about how the test is meaningless, Tua is so bright, etc. Now we know he couldn’t figure out the playbook last year.

I don’t like the guy either. Seems like a huge dumbass...and don’t tell me that this guy‘s mental shortcomings haven’t played into his postseason failures and he’s “a football genius.” Sure he is. Sure he is.

Interesting note: last year Tua also scored a 13 on his Wonderlic, and the NFL PR was up in arms about how the test is meaningless, Tua is so bright, etc. Now we know he couldn’t figure out the playbook last year.
Wonderlic is worthless when it comes to evaluating QBs future NFL performance.

"Bradshaw is not the only successful NFL quarterback to bomb on the Wonderlic test. Hall of Fame quarterbacks Dan Marino and Jim Kelly each scored 15. Former NFL stars Steve McNair (15), Randall Cunningham (15) and Daunte Culpepper (18) each scored well below the NFL average for a quarterback."

Wonderlic is worthless when it comes to evaluating QBs future NFL performance.

"Bradshaw is not the only successful NFL quarterback to bomb on the Wonderlic test. Hall of Fame quarterbacks Dan Marino and Jim Kelly each scored 15. Former NFL stars Steve McNair (15), Randall Cunningham (15) and Daunte Culpepper (18) each scored well below the NFL average for a quarterback."

A mere handful of QBs who scored really low went on to have great careers. Scoring high doesn‘t mean much. Bombing it does.

A mere handful of QBs who scored really low went on to have great careers. Scoring high doesn‘t mean much. Bombing it does.
There's a ton of 1st round prodigies that scored very high. Complete busts. There's no correlation.

"Other first-round quarterback busts who broke 30 include Matt Leinart (35), Joey Harrington (32), Patrick Ramsey (32), J.P. Losman (31), Rick Mirer (31) and David Klingler (30).

Rex Grossman (29), Kyle Boller (27), Kelly Stouffer (27) and Ryan Leaf (27) -- the poster boy for first-round draft busts -- all bombed in the NFL despite above-average intelligence, at least according to the Wonderlic."

There's a ton of 1st round prodigies that scored very high. Complete busts. There's no correlation.

Lol…did you read what I wrote? Let me guess…you got a 13?

Lol…did you read what I wrote? Let me guess…you got a 13?
I read it, but you haven't proved where the correlation is between scores and actual performance. It doesn't exist.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back