PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 4 NFL Games

Honestly I would, because can dak take the cowboys to the sb today? I don't think so. And that would be the goal for me (I don't think it's for Jerry BTW)
It'll be even worse when they pay him, you'll have to gut other positions for that cap hit.
And I'm not even considering that they will pay Cooper too, because they gave a 1st for him.
It's all just bad cap management for me
I guess I'm reacting to why so many teams are so quick offering extensions to QB's like Wentz and Goff.
You can always franchise Dak next year and not commit to $100 million before you're really sure.
Part of it is QB contracts are inevitably going up & teams want to get behind the curve.

Cooper w Dal/Zeke on rookie deals is great. Giving all 3 a ton of $ will obviously become a problem.

I remember talking abt this before. Tough situation.

They need Zeke. He's their best, 2nd best player. Legit blue chip. One of maybe 5 RBs that can really change a game. Vg in every area. Workhorse who can catch downfield. They need him to win rn.

Dak is a precision passer that leans more on the safe side. He needs guys like Cooper to really excel in the passing game. Dallas gives up a 1st. Gotta pay him too.

They can probably make it work for a year maybe 2 before really cutting talent like others (Jags/Oak) have had to do.

Cooper is another guy. Decent wr but not worth all that money.

Garret looks miserable...

Too bad Dak, you did your job and set your team up for a 70 yard FG attempt.

I wouldn’t pay dak prescott. Move on from him.

The real super bowl will be the AFCCG. I'm not scared of any of the NFC teams.

The cowboys are overrated but I’m never going to hear the end of saints fans saying “HURR DURR WE BEAT 2 GOOD TEAMS WITHOUT DREW BREES”.

Another great win by the Saints, beating Seattle in Seattle and the Cowboys with your back up QB is impressive.

Please Jeramy pay Dak $40 a year.

I wouldn’t pay dak prescott. Move on from him.

At least not yet, were only in week 4. Let him lead the team to the playoffs and perform well in the post-season before you mortgage your future.

Happy the Saints won. Need the NFC to stay competitive. The AFC seems like crap outside the Pats and Chiefs

The cowboys are overrated but I’m never going to hear the end of saints fans saying “HURR DURR WE BEAT 2 GOOD TEAMS WITHOUT DREW BREES”.

Does this mean, *gulp*, Drew Brees is a system QB?

I wouldn't want to assume the usual narrative ;)

No idea how we are surviving, its like our team is fighting the other team and Bridgewaters bad play. ST, defense, Kamara, OL , and SP play calling won this. With Bridgewater missing guys by a mile and not even running for 1st down. We need hill, but I would say that a team that can survive to win with a not to great QB might be special

Another great win by the Saints, beating Seattle in Seattle and the Cowboys with your back up QB is impressive.

Please Jeramy pay Dak $40 a year.
Starting to not be too worried about that game

Part of it is QB contracts are inevitably going up & teams want to get behind the curve.

Cooper w Dal/Zeke on rookie deals is great. Giving all 3 a ton of $ will obviously become a problem.

They need Zeke. He's their best, 2nd best player. Legit blue chip. One of maybe 5 RBs that can really change a game. Vg in every area. Workhorse who can catch downfield. They need him to win rn.

Dak is a precision passer that leans more on the safe side. He needs guys like Cooper to really excel in the passing game. Dallas gives up a 1st. Gotta pay him too.

They can probably make it work for a year maybe 2 before really cutting talent like others (Jags/Oak) have had to do.

I agree with you in the zeke part, he is Dallas best player by far and I'd gave him the money. Cooper I wouldn't trade in the first place.
And also that those new qb contracts are setting the market, but all those teams that paid big bucks to their qb didn't went very far.
And dak isn't in the same level of Rodgers, Russell, Wentz and others.. Those are qbs that, as a GM, you have to pay or you will lose your job.
It actually makes more sense now to invest in the rest of the team and let a qb play out his rookie contract.

Cowboys fans are still bragging about their 24 year old trophy

I mean, for years people have been telling us the Saints aren't fit to even be in the NFL without Drew Brees, and now we're 2-0 without him. We beat Seattle in Seattle, which is damn near impossible and something Drew has never done. And beat the *supposed* best team in the NFC; even though everybody knew the Cowboys were overrated that defense alone still makes them a pretty damn good team.

Our front 7 on defense is extremely formidable, the secondary seems to be coming together, and Kamara/Thomas are good enough that Teddy B. only needs to manage the game and control the clock. If we can win even 1 of the next 4 games, we're 4-4 with Drew coming back for the second half of the season. But honestly I think we can do better than that: Tampa at home, at Jacksonville, at Chicago, Arizona at home. Objectively we should be heavy favorites in both home games and at Jacksonville.

Our division is not impressive on the whole either, 9-7 will probably win it. My major fear is that Drew comes back and is rusty and that costs us a game or two that Teddy might have been just good enough to win.

I would like to see Teddy B. throw the ball downfield more because his arm down the middle out to about 30 yards is excellent. He mainly just needs to process information faster, easier said than done but if he is smart enough to already have a strong command of an offense as complicated as the Saints, I think he can do it. He just needs more snaps before things start to slow down for him.

I still expect our season to end in disastrous and improbable fashion because we seem to have written the book on that, but oh well, that's the breaks.

Last edited:
That 2018 draft class was supposed to be better than 1983. Mayfield is looking like an interception machine (and is obnoxious), Allen is not salvageable, Darnold is fully immersed in the green clown show, Rosen could not have a worse start to his career, and Jackson has a lot of major issues with his game.

Especially when they just gave big deals to Demarcus Lawrence, La’el Collins, and Jaylon Smith.

Add in Elliott and Prescott, and Cooper is the odd man out in my opinion. They’ll have to continue developing Gallup (who is going to break out), and probably end up drafting another high round WR. Maybe someone like Cobb or Devin Smith come back too, but once Prescott re-ups, the music stops and Amari Cooper is the one left standing without a chair.

Ok you want to be the highest paid QB Dak, show me a 60 yard winning FG drive.

Edit-coke
Agreed. He needs some more big time moments. That said, apparently he’s tied for the lead since the start of the ‘16 season as it pertains to 4th quarter comebacks (14), so it’s not like he hasn’t performed under pressure.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back