PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 4 NFL Games - Previews and Predictions

Of course it does. They're doing exactly what a very good team should do against mediocre competition. The pats have done this many times the past five years, and we all took it as a sign as how good they are, rather than saying the win didn't matter.
Your second point undermines your first point. And that's exactly what I am talking about. All those blowout wins the Patriots had didn't mean anything because that means exactly nothing when you cannot sustain that come playoff, time when the games actually matter. Which has been the team's problems in the playoffs for the past few seasons now. They haven't be able to play like that against the best of the best. That's the true test of how good a team is.

If you're impressed with that Broncos beating on scrubs like the Giants, Eagles, Raiders, and the Ravens that had 6 new starters on defense, including bums like Ihedigbo and Huff, that's your prerogative. If people really believe the Broncos are going to keep this pace all season, you're either delusional or a Broncos fan in disguise. Or both.

Time and time again it has been proven that these offenses cannot sustain this level of play down the stretch and falter when it matters most. So, no, these blowout wins against pathetic defenses don't mean anything to me. When they're doing this late in the regular season and into the playoffs against real competent defenses, then come talk to me.

Broncos are good but also tells about the quality of the nfl in general. Very few competitive teams. Also Broncos have played 1 road game of the 4 and play one more before at home vs jax and then a bye. So 4 of first six at home. That helps when your pass rushers are suspended.

What are you talking about? They've totally shut down the two best skill players on the Eagles offense. And McCoy and Jackson are both pretty good.
You really should read a response then apply the context in which that conversation took place.

everyone is hurt for the jets

So this is not running up the score ?

Rivers has been such a tease. Back in form today. Great TD toss.

I'd consider trading him if they don't make the playoffs if I were them. Could probably get a really nice deal. Look what Palmer got the bengals(granted it was the raiders but still). Can't trust Rivers nowadays. 07-09 rivers was elite(08 should have been league mvp) but I'm not so sure this is the same guy.

Denver is very good..... Oh yea, F' Denver. And I see the Jest still suck jackhole.

Your second point undermines your first point. And that's exactly what I am talking about. All those blowout wins the Patriots had didn't mean anything because that means exactly nothing when you cannot sustain that come playoff, time when the games actually matter. Which has been the team's problems in the playoffs for the past few seasons now. They haven't be able to play like that against the best of the best. That's the true test of how good a team is.

If you're impressed with that Broncos beating on scrubs like the Giants, Eagles, Raiders, and the Ravens that had 6 new starters on defense, that's your prerogative. If people really believe the Broncos are going to keep this pace all season, you're either delusional or a Broncos fan in disguise. Or both

Time and time again it has been proven that these offenses cannot sustain this level of play down the stretch and falter when it matters most. So, no, these blowout wins against pathetic defenses don't mean anything to me. When they're doing this late in the regular season and into the playoffs against real competent defenses, then come talk to me.

Yes, you are very imposing with your points. Also the token accusation of being a traitorous fan for another team, a staple at this fine message board. Anyways, I get what you're saying, and yeah it's early and all that, but unlike the Patriot teams of the past few years, this Denver team has a pretty decent defense as well. Of course Denver isn't going to blow out a team in the divisional round. That's when you're playing the best. But they're doing exactly what they're supposed to do against weak competition. Don't see how we can fault them for that:confused:

You really should read a response then apply the context in which that conversation took place.

You really should make accurate observations.

So they kick a FG up 49 pts and this is not running up the score ?

Yes, you are very imposing with your points. Also the token accusation of being a traitorous fan for another team, a staple at this fine message board. Anyways, I get what you're saying, and yeah it's early and all that, but unlike the Patriot teams of the past few years, this Denver team has a pretty decent defense as well. Of course Denver isn't going to blow out a team in the divisional round. That's when you're playing the best. But they're doing exactly what they're supposed to do against weak competition. Don't see how we can fault them for that:confused:
No one is faulting them for destroying weak competition, in case you're missing the point. Beating on bottom feeders doesn't make you unstoppable. And that was the statement I made that you ineffectively tried to argue against.

Simply put, you cannot call a team unstoppable if your opposition is offering zero resistance against you. If they are beating opponents with competent defenses that actually are offering some semblance of resistance like they are now, then you can truly say they are unstoppable.

You can only truly judge teams by how they fare against other good teams. I know a lot people suffer from amnesia, but, we've all seen this story play out before. Last season the Broncos went 13-3, but were dominated in pretty much any game they played against a quality opponent, hence why they went one-and-done in the playoffs.

That means those wins against bad teams are not the barometer to which you judge a team by, look at how they did against other good teams and it wasn't pretty. That's why I'm not impressed with anything they've done to date because I've seen this all before.

So they kick a FG up 49 pts and this is not running up the score ?

I may or may not be in the minority but I have always thought that it was the job of a defence to stop the offense....every game situation, esp a scoring situation, that can be practiced in a game should be....IMHO

I may or may not be in the minority but I have always thought that it was the job of a defence to stop the offense....every game situation, esp a scoring situation, that can be practiced in a game should be....IMHO
Of course that's correct Halifax_Pats_Fan but here's the disclaimer. The Patriots would be accused (and were) of running up the score in blow outs. Given the Manning ball washing in the media, it's just Peyton being Peyton.

I think the same way. ITs the media hypocrisy which is silent right now.

Of course that's correct Halifax_Pats_Fan but here's the disclaimer. The Patriots would be accused (and were) of running up the score in blow outs. Given the Manning ball washing in the media, it's just Peyton being Peyton.

I hear you...i do...but do we really care what the media think? We have seen some of their stories, the way some of them act against this team...I can't speak for any other poster but i personally don't give a flying - f what they print, think, say...etc...

Romo true to form. The NFC East blows chunks.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back