PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 3 pre-game discussion... we're on to Oakland...

Status
Not open for further replies.
This game is pretty much a MUST win. If we lose chances are we are 1-3 with a loss to KC coming next. The Bills have both LA teams, one at home, one on the road. They could easily win both or probably worst case go 1-1. We could be 2 even 3 games out of first place 4 weeks in.

you can call me a homer, but the Raiders don't scare me........especially not their defense

as for their offense, it's average.......everyone's scoring a bunch of points this year....you won't see the raiders pulling stuff out of their arse ala metcalf and moore

My thoughts on this game:

- the Raiders can attack at all levels.Good running game with a stud in Jacobs. Waller looked great at the intermediate level, and Ruggs can stretch the field.

-they have a pretty good line but we’lll see how the injuries they are dealing with work out. Rushing just 4 may not generate enough pressure.

- if we give Carr time he’ll put up points. For me I think we go man to man which is a strength and pressure the hell out of them. Load the box, stop the run, and pressure Carr with extra bltizers. He may hit a few shots but he also might give us a few if he’s throwing under pressure.

- We should be able to put up some points. They revamped their D with some young players but could be some time before it gels. Abrams is a hard hitter in the secondary so we gotta watch out for him. Hopefully we can establish the run and hit on some play action down the field.

- sooner or later if we don’t get out kicking game in order it will cost us. Folk needs to be better.

Carr puts up 2 picks under pressure. Pats 24 - Raiders 20
Jacobs the stud is averaging 3.5 yds/carry. Makes Sony an All-Pro.

Dude, there is no comparison. Jacobs is better than Sony. Not close.

Maybe so, but if Jacobs was a Pat averaging 3.5 yds/carry on 51 carries over two games this board would be crucifying him.

Unfortunately, you are correct.

I love it when BB puts on the nines and dresses up for his pressers. Major wardrobe envy here.

Think he did that for Cam's sake. " Bruh, you aint the only around here whos stylin'.

In 13 games last year he had 1150 yds with a 4.8 avg as a rookie. Convenient in your comparison to Sony Michel you didn’t mention that.

In 13 games last year he had 1150 yds with a 4.8 avg as a rookie. Convenient in your comparison to Sony Michel you didn’t mention that.

Oh so we are bringing up rookie years?

Michel had a 4.5 avg as a rookie on 33 fewer rushing attempts. Sony at 4.5x242(the number Jacobs had) 1089 yards and if you include Sony's playoffs his rookie year

280 rushes
1267 yards
4.5 ypc

Michel had a 4.5 avg as a rookie on 33 fewer rushing attempts. Sony at 4.5x242(the number Jacobs had) 1089 yards and if you include Sony's playoffs his rookie year

280 rushes
1267 yards
4.5 ypc

sssshhhhhh.......people just don't like him......and harry

280 rushes
1267 yards
4.5 ypc

I like to use rational thought and use someone’s full body of work over the last few years instead of 2 games. If you actually believe Michel is as good as Jacobs then good on you.

they're not going to be doubling some guy who's catching underneath stuff

It's pretty rare the Patriots stay in one coverage an entire game. They might double someone a high percentage of plays, but will always change coverages based on both what the offense shows and what they think they can exploit coming in.

Lets see what you say after the game when Jacobs goes over 100 yards easily. If Seattle crappy offense line was able to run the football all over your defense, what do you think going to happen playing one of the best offense lines in the NFL.

I like how a guy that runs a 4.5 supposedly can't keep up with a 4.4 guy. Ya, maybe if it was a race.
Yea keep telling yourself that. Tyrek Hill is the most dangerous wr in the game because of his speed. Speed kills. You put that offensive weapon in motion, and he runs across the field that 4.5 guy isn’t staying with 4.4 guy. common sense.

Yea keep telling yourself that. Tyrek Hill is the most dangerous wr in the game because of his speed. Speed kills. You put that offensive weapon in motion, and he runs across the field that 4.5 guy isn’t staying with 4.4 guy. common sense.
I'm sure you'll be scratching your head when ruggs doesn't put up 200 yds/g

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe